Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Inter-tribal Marraiges - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-tribal Marraiges (1628 Views)

Research Shows Yorubas As The Most Sought-after For Inter-tribal Marriage / Have You Ever Had An Inter-Tribal/Racial/Religious Relationship Or Marriage? / What Are The Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-tribal Marraiges by thecrush: 9:23am On Feb 20, 2018
I would like to ask this big question!!

What is your take on inter-tribal marraige?

Will you marry someone whose culture and religious beliefs is totally different from yours?

What will sustain the marriage after some time?

If you have any experience, please share!

You may say "love conquers all" but for how long can one tolerate the culture difference.

Please lets discuss

[/b]This is not a war zone. Please speak your mind.... advantages and disadvantages.... I feel my own sister is entering what she may not be able to handle later on[b]
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by friendlyadvice: 9:26am On Feb 20, 2018
ayama my sista go come marry afonja or donkey awusa we go come dey follow them chop amala or fura God forbid make una marry una own leave igbos out of it

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by superlanny(m): 9:40am On Feb 20, 2018
I know the tribal kings and queens will soon start arriving, saying trash, but on a personal note, I prefer to marry from my tribe, the hate in this country too much, just give yourself peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by thorpido(m): 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
If you are restricted to finding love in only your tribe,then you have not yielded yourself to the beauty of life.
Jesus said,the wind bloweth where it listeth you hear the sound of it but you do no know in what direction it's coming and where it is heading.He said so is everyone born of the spirit.

Basically,if you grew up in Nigeria,you must have been exposed to some other cultures apart from yours and if you are open to learning,picked up one or two things.It shouldn't be hard to blend or accept some things about other cultures.
Generally,I haven't seen anything in many cultures I have observed that I can't blend with.There are some I won't accept(mainly because of spiritual convictions) but I'm sure people of the cultures will refuse some of them too.

I won't go into inter-religious marriage personally because for me,my spiritual belief and my partner's must agree.

Love is not enough in intertribal marriage but it's important.Tolerance and a heart that is accommodating are both important.

Generally speaking, it's easier to marry from your tribe.For people like me,the world is our stage.

I'm in an intertribal marriage.I'm enjoying it.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by oluwaseunla(m): 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
Family structure, both sides matter. I come from a family relaxed about these things. The result? Out of four marriages of the males, I'm the only one to marry within our tribe. Truth is no one considers your tribe in the family, they consider your person. We all roll together with very minimal issues.

If you or your spouse are unfortunate enough to come from tribalistic families, better stay in line or else...

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by thecrush: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
oluwaseunla:
Family structure, both sides matter. I come from a family relaxed about these things. The result? Out of four marriages of the males, I'm the only one to marry within our tribe. Truth is no one considers your tribe in the family, they consider your person. We all roll together with very minimal issues.

If you or your spouse are unfortunate enough to come from tribalistic families, better stay in line or else...

True talk but i feel it has more general disadvantge than same tribe.

If you had a sister, would you mind her marrying outside?
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by oluwaseunla(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
thecrush:

True talk but i feel it has more general disadvantge than same tribe.

If you had a sister, would you mind her marrying outside?

Nah, I don't mind. As long as guy's family is not the tribalistic type.

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by thecrush: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Nah, I don't mind. As long as guy's family is not the tribalistic type.

How would you know?
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by oluwaseunla(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2018
thecrush:

How would you know?

I thought before two people marry, their families are meant to relate from time to time. You should be able to find out from that now.

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
thecrush:

Will you marry someone whose culture and religious beliefs is totally different from yours?

You may say "love conquers all" but for how long can one tolerate the culture difference.

Please lets discuss

[/b]This is not a war zone. Please speak your mind.... advantages and disadvantages.... I feel my own sister is entering what she may not be able to handle later on[b]

Two good and well-developed brains?

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by AFONAMARO: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
thecrush:

Please lets discuss

I am from the East and my wife is from South South.
Been together for 13 years, with 2 kids. Her dad is a Redeem pastor and insisted we wed in redeem. I simply told him a real man runs his family without allowing unnecessary interference from anybody. That I either wed her in my church as agreed by both of us (wifey and i), or forget about the white wedding as I am cool with the TM alone.

Na speed the man take call me back to prepare and wed in my church. In fact, he was the first person to arrive the church on the wedding day.

Love has no language, culture or religion. It simply has mutual respect, togetherness, understanding, sacrifice and an unbreakable bond that can last for a life time only if you find true love.

4 Likes

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by thecrush: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2018
AFONAMARO:

Been together for 13 years, with 2 kids. Her dad is a Redeem pastor and insisted we wed in redeem. I simply told him a real man runs his family without allowing unnecessary interference from anybody. That I either wed her in my church as agreed by both of us (wifey and i), or forget about the white wedding as I am cool with the TM alone.

Na speed the man take call me back to prepare and wed in my church. In fact, he was the first person to arrive the church on the wedding day.

Love has no language, culture or religion. It simply has mutual respect, togetherness, understanding, sacrifice and an unbreakable bond that can last for a life time only if you find true love.

I think i am cool with SE and SS.... some similarities in culture but my family has issues with SE and SW
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by thecrush: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I thought before two people marry, their families are meant to relate from time to time. You should be able to find out from that now.

And where one family isnt in support? what should a party do? Its between SW and SE
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by oluwaseunla(m): 10:44am On Feb 26, 2018
thecrush:

And where one family isnt in support? what should a party do? Its between SW and SE

Tread with caution. If the danger light comes on and stays on, beat a retreat. It's never too late to retrace your steps ooo.
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
AFONAMARO:

In totality there is no much differences between se and ss ,they are closely inter related ,am looking for sw and ne or sw and se
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
AFONAMARO:

Which one is east and sout south. Therebare Igbo elements in the south-south, so you could have just married anotjer Igbo person from that area.

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
I for one don't fancy dating, let alone marrying from my tribe. As someone who wants to learn as much of everything as possible, surely an intertribal marriage would be lit.
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by AFONAMARO: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
GENERALCASHMIR:

In totality there is no much differences between se and ss ,they are closely inter related ,am looking for sw and ne or sw and se

Only if you know what it means for an Anambra man to marry outside his locality, not to mention marrying an Akwa Ibomite.

Kindly equally ask an average Akwa Ibom lady what she think of an Igbo man
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by AFONAMARO: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Afam4eva:

Which one is east and sout south. Therebare Igbo elements in the south-south, so you could have just married anotjer Igbo person from that area.

There isn't any Igbo element in Ibibio
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
AFONAMARO:

There isn't any Igbo element in Ibibio
I said there are some Igbo elements depending on where your wife comes from. If you had said you're Igbo and married an Ibibio lady instead of saying East and South-south, it would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
AFONAMARO:

Only if you know what it means for an Anambra man to marry outside his locality, not to mention marrying an Akwa Ibomite.

Kindly equally ask an average Akwa Ibom lady what she think of an Igbo man

Well to we living in the sw ,all the ss is an extract of the se,besides Anambra is just one state in the se,all in all a igbo man/woman would gladly marry an edo,Awka Ibom ,Bayelsa and likes to a sw person.am talking from firsthand experience.
Re: Inter-tribal Marraiges by thecrush: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Tread with caution. If the danger light comes on and stays on, beat a retreat. It's never too late to retrace your steps ooo.

LOL.... I dont understand parables o

Please clarity

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Need Solutions Between Him And His Wife / Is There Any Difference Between A Maid, Cleaner And House Keeper? / My Jobless Husband Refuses Food Without Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.