Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

I Saw This And I Believe It'll Help You As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Saw This And I Believe It'll Help You As A Christian (319 Views)

Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Saw This And I Believe It'll Help You As A Christian by noskcid(m): 10:57am On Feb 20, 2018
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, And said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying, Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years. (Isaiah 38:1-5)

Now, God has ways of doing things. Looked like He would have spoke right back and told him, "But I considered your case, again; I'm going to let you stay for that, if you'll do that." But He didn't. He spoke to the prophet, and sent the prophet all the way back up there again to tell him. Said, "All right, God heard your prayer." See, God revealed to the prophet what was going to happen; he come back, "Your days is considered, and you're going to come off the bed now in three days." You got some poultices and so forth, put on him. And Hezekiah come off the bed and was made well.

Now, see what prayer does? Prayer is not exactly bringing God down to man. It's bringing man up to God. See? As you pray, you lose sight of these earthly things. You sway out into somewhere else, way beyond, and on and on and on, till you be come into His Presence. And then a faith that you have laid it out before God, said, "Now here, God, here it is. And I want to get well for, this cause." Or, "I want You to do this for me, for this cause. I want You to heal me from this cancer, or this TB or this anemia condition," or whatever it is. "I will walk before You, I will do everything I can. I will give this testimony everywhere I go. I will be happy to do that, Lord. And I will use my life, not for myself. I will use it for Your glory, to help others to see You."

Now, then you lay that before God, and say, "God, will You consider my case? I believe, just as Hezekiah was, O God, yet today." Don't you believe so? I may be able to see visions and you may not, but that doesn't mean that He's not with you. He's with you just the same. He was just the same with Hezekiah as He was with Isaiah. Hezekiah was the one who got the blessing. Isaiah just took the word. Amen. You see it? Hezekiah was the one got the blessing, not Isaiah. It wasn't Isaiah's prayers that was heard; it was Hezekiah's prayers that was heard. Isaiah was just the medium that took him the word in human lips, what God had said. Well, that's the same thing. That was God. Don't you believe that was Christ, the Anointed, the Logos. Well, sure. It's the same thing tonight.

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians Have To Obey The Laws Of The Land? / Living In His Power / Drop Those Powerful Christian Evangelism Movies/short Clip U Have Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.