Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

How Carpooling Can Reduce Lagos Traffic Congestion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Carpooling Can Reduce Lagos Traffic Congestion (1015 Views)

Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic / Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video) / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Carpooling Can Reduce Lagos Traffic Congestion by Gidiryde: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
If you live in Lagos, surely you can relate with complaints about traffic congestion and unreliable commercial transport.

Apart from the obvious waste of time and cost of daily commute, the traffic situation in Lagos also has its negative impact on the environment, economy and residents’ lifestyle.

And like most developed cities around the globe, this is one of the pains of living in a metropolitan city – an emerging megacity.

However, Gidiryde offers a convenient and affordable way to move about in Lagos, thereby making life a lot more fun for Lagosians.

The online carpooling platform ensures you can share a ride with anyone going the same route as you and make extra cash.

Can this reduce the traffic congestion in Lagos? Yes, and we will tell you how.

Less Cars
Through ridesharing, the number of cars on the road is significantly reduced because it encourages more occupancy per vehicle.

So, instead of having four different individuals drive their cars, they all decide to share a ride, imagine the radical effect this would have on the traffic challenge in the city.

Durable Roads
We agree, many traffic jams are also caused by damaged roads in some parts of the city, but have you wondered why our roads get damaged quickly?

Its simply wear and tear due to overuse! Now, the more people get into ridesharing, the fewer the number of cars on the road. Hence there is less wear and damage to the roads that need to be repaired.

Less Breakdown
You will probably also agree that another major cause of traffic in Lagos is the unexpected emergence bottlenecks created by broken down vehicles on busy roads.

Machines get tired from overuse and you cannot blame these cars, most of them are bought Tokunbo.

What you should be doing is to reduce their work rate by embracing ridesharing.

Must you always drive your own car?
Re: How Carpooling Can Reduce Lagos Traffic Congestion by gboxbaba(m): 4:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
baba, there is already an informal version of it here in abuja, you have a car you want to make money for fuel, you pick passengers at bustops. In fact this is the major mode of transportation here, public transportation is almost non existent, very few. So Unless you can tell me why your startup online version of carpooling would be cheaper than the traditional version, I'm sorry but I don't think it will sell.

1 Like

Re: How Carpooling Can Reduce Lagos Traffic Congestion by Gidiryde: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
gboxbaba:
baba, there is already an informal version of it here in abuja, you have a car you want to make money for fuel, you pick passengers at bustops. In fact this is the major mode of transportation here, public transportation is almost non existent, very few. So Unless you can tell me why your startup online version of carpooling would be cheaper than the traditional version, I'm sorry but I don't think it will sell.

you're very right. It is not a new idea. But the difference this offers is the guarantee of getting a ride for the passengers and for the drivers, getting passengers.

Also, the convenience of being able to schedule your ride (works for both riders and drivers).

You are assured everybody on the platform is verified.

A good way to network with people of like minds, as you can use the filter option to your taste.

These and many other benefits are what makes this option better than the conventional way we all know.

I didn't talk about cost but be assured this beats all the other e-hailing services in terms of pricing and does justice to the regular means of transport in terms of comfort and convenience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Half A Dozen Ford Mustangs Crash Into One Another In Dubai / Uber/taxify Driver Needed For Hire Purchase / The Cause Of Coldl Start In The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.