Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Proofreading Pitfalls That Trip Up Even Watchful Wordsmiths - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Proofreading Pitfalls That Trip Up Even Watchful Wordsmiths (343 Views)

I Provide Typing/proofreading/editing Services / Free China Trip / 12 Tips For Effective Proofreading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proofreading Pitfalls That Trip Up Even Watchful Wordsmiths by SonofIssachar: 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
In Wellesley, Mass., a man once handed a bank teller a note that read, “Give me your 10s and 20s and no die pack.” Distracted by the misspelling of “die pack” for “dye pack” (a hidden device that stains money red after a robber leaves the bank), the teller did not realize at first that this was an attempted stickup.

After she reread the note, she crumpled it up, exasperated, and told the guy, “I’m not giving you any money. Now get the hell out of here.” And scram he did.

Read More;

http://www.issacharprojects.com/proofreading-pitfalls-trip-even-watchful-wordsmiths/

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!! Network Engineer / 2 Important Social Media Tips For Small Businesses / Why Do We Fear? No Body On This Planet Earth,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.