Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,502 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia (468 Views)

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) / "50 Guests Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Party In Alagbole Akute, Lagos" / Woman Dies After Giving Birth To Quadruplets In Lagos; Was Childless For 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia by thenewtribe: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
While I had a pretty easy pregnancy, my daughter was born by emergency C-section after her heart rate dropped dramatically during contractions. The surgery went smoothly. Before I knew it, Olympia was in my arms. It was the most amazing feeling I’ve ever experienced in my life. But what followed just 24 hours after giving birth were six days of uncertainty.

It began with a pulmonary embolism, which is a condition in which one or more arteries in the lungs becomes blocked by a blood clot. Because of my medical history with this problem, I live in fear of this situation. So, when I fell short of breath, I didn’t wait a second to alert the nurses.

READ MORE: http://www.newtribeng.com/femail/serena-williams-i-almost-died-after-giving-birth-to-my-daughter-olympia/

Re: Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia by eTECTIVe(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Oyibo una lazy... What do u now want my aunt who gave birth to 11 kids to say? or her elder Sista who dropped 9?
Re: Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia by haywire07(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
U know how many pikin my mama born and she ain't athletic.
Abeg those who gave a phuck ..

Re: Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia by MrBottle: 11:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
haywire07:
U know how many pikin my mama born and she ain't athletic.
Abeg those who gave a phuck ..
eTECTIVe:
Oyibo una lazy... What do u now want my aunt who gave birth to 11 kids to say? or her elder Sista who dropped 9?
And you know Nigerian maternal mortality index? Do you know that it is the one of the highest ..if not the highest in the whole world? Your mama and aunties are lucky but a whole lots of other woman aren't so lucky.

Pulmonary embolism is a silent killer same at it's brother.. thromboembolism.
Re: Serena Williams: I Almost Died After Giving Birth To My Daughter, Olympia by eTECTIVe(m): 7:41am On Feb 21, 2018
MrBottle:
And you know Nigerian maternal mortality index? Do you know that it is the one of the highest ..if not the highest in the whole world? Your mama and aunties are lucky but a whole lots of other woman aren't so lucky.

Pulmonary embolism is a silent killer same at it's brother.. thromboembolism.

U do know poverty and grossly inadequate healthcare systems are to blame for dat...

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Home Pest Free DIY / Ganoderma Plus Capsule (8000)...prices Are Negotiable... / Death Will Be Optional By The Year 2045

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.