Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Honda Civic 2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2008 (11068 Views)

Honda Civic 2008 Refuses To Start After Panel Beater Burn Some Cables. / How Much To Clear A Honda Civic 2008 Model Coming From London / Honda Civic 2008 Not Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2008 by pitastephen: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello All,

Kindly advice on Honda Civic 2008 - In terms of fuel consumption, Parts availability, how durable and reliable it is..and also advice the common issues that come with same.

CC: Nobody
Gazzuzz
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by pitastephen: 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
Pls advice....
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by Frankdamaxx(m): 11:13am On Feb 22, 2018
pitastephen:
Hello All,

Kindly advice on Honda Civic 2008 - In terms of fuel consumption, Parts availability, how durable and reliable it is..and also advice the common issues that come with same.

CC: Nobody
Gazzuzz
[quote author=pitastephen post=65246613]

It's a nice car. Rides well. Fuel consumption is good but also depends on how you drive. Parts are available and prices are average, not as cheap as. The AC is not as strong as sha. But simple reliable engine. 1.8 vtec.
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by pitastephen: 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
@Frankdamaxx....appreciate the input bro..

Any word on the LEG PULL issue, does same affect the CIVIC?
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by Frankdamaxx(m): 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
pitastephen:
@Frankdamaxx....appreciate the input bro..

Any word on the LEG PULL issue, does same affect the CIVIC?

Doesn't affect it like the early model accords, but bad maintenance can cause even a Benz to have that leg pull.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by Kufie(m): 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
Buy it! It's a very reliable car. Don't bother cc Gazzuzz because I took mine to his shop and he said he doesn't work on it grin

Meanwhile, ignore The person that talked about the AC. The AC on mine is mad!!

...and my legs have NEVER pulled.
Good luck

11 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by pitastephen: 11:18am On Feb 23, 2018
Kufie:
Buy it! It's a very reliable car. Don't bother cc Gazzuzz because I took mine to his shop and he said he doesn't work on it grin

Meanwhile, ignore The person that talked about the AC. The AC on mine is mad!!

...and my legs have NEVER pulled.
Good luck
Thanks for the input...duly appreciated.
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by scarplanet(m): 1:56am On Feb 24, 2018
I drive the same car.. Honda Civic 2008.

A sleek sports car;
The fact that everything about the car is digital makes it super cool;
fuel economy is madt (sometimes I buy 2500 fuel for a week, yes a week! - depends on distance u intend covering though);
Super fast car (I'm not exaggerating), it beats any V6 car on highway - yes!
Legs never pulled in 2 years (civic are not built for leg pulls though)..
AC is freezing mehn, u might even need a sweater!
Ride is durable and reliable (but imbibe a good maintenance and driving culture)..
Parts are readily available, average cheap not so expensive.

Finally get a scanner and a trusted auto repairer! Enjoy

9 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
scarplanet:

A sleek sports car;
fuel economy is madt (sometimes I buy 2500 fuel for a week, yes a week! - depends on distance u intend covering though);
Super fast car (I'm not exaggerating), it beats any V6 car on highway - yes!
Ride is durable and reliable (but imbibe a good maintenance and driving culture)..

the only Honda worth saving for!

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by baaliyah(m): 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I like the car die.
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by sholarb(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
The Honda Civic is a very reliable and durable car with very superb fuel economy. It is a light weight car that will easily dust most similar I4s (don't try this with V6s...jejely respect the 1.8L engine). It becomes unstable at very high speeds of above 140Km/hr (been there, done that). The stopping power is also a concern for me at high speeds.

Parts full Oyingbo, I carry out servicing and repairs there using OEM toks parts. It's legs do not pull like the accord. AC is super cool and efficient.

Annoying issues are sagging roof liner, deteriorating windshield liner that may result in rain dripping into car.

Treat this car rightly and it will hardly breakdown on you.

5 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by pitastephen: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
sholarb:
The Honda Civic is a very reliable and durable car with very superb fuel economy. It is a light weight car that will easily dust most similar I4s (don't try this with V6s...jejely respect the 1.8L engine). It becomes unstable at very high speeds of above 140Km/hr (been there, done that). The stopping power is also a concern for me at high speeds.

Parts full Oyingbo, I carry out servicing and repairs there using OEM toks parts. It's legs do not pull like the accord. AC is super cool and efficient.

Annoying issues are sagging roof liner, deteriorating windshield liner that may result in rain dripping into car.

Treat this car rightly and it will hardly breakdown on you.

thanks for the input Sir...how do you mean about the STOPPING POWER AT HIGH SPEED??
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by pitastephen: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

Thanks for the advice!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by sholarb(m): 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
pitastephen:

thanks for the input Sir...how do you mean about the STOPPING POWER AT HIGH SPEED??

Attempting emergency stop at highway speed, braking distance is quite long.

Meaning say the brake no dey too sharp to come to a stop at high speed (140Km/hr to zero). Its even worse if you carry much weight or passengers. But the brake sharp wella if u dey drive within the city.

You may not notice this probably untill you drive another car (not jalopy ooo) under same conditions. It feels normal and you get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by codemaster2much: 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
As At now nko
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by thebigkendo(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2019
scarplanet:

A sleek sports car;
[s]Super fast car (I'm not exaggerating), it beats any V6 car on highway - yes![/s]

Bros you can lie enh

10 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by codemaster2much: 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by dicksonadams(m): 1:41pm On May 26, 2019
Not bad
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by CocoaOla: 8:03pm On May 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

Bros you can lie enh
. No he might be right if you are lucky to drive civics sports Si with 205 horsepower you will agree
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by seanfer(m): 8:45pm On May 26, 2019
CocoaOla:
. No he might be right if you are lucky to drive civics sports Si with 205 horsepower you will agree

I’m seriously searching for the 2009 civic sport automatic transmission. That Car is so good.
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by dicksonadams(m): 8:50pm On May 26, 2019
seanfer:

I’m seriously searching for the 2009 civic sport automatic transmission. That Car is so good.

But is it a coupe car... Just two door undecided
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by thebigkendo(m): 10:05pm On May 26, 2019
CocoaOla:
. No he might be right if you are lucky to drive civics sports Si with 205 200 horsepower you will agree

He never mentioned manual transmission, The Si Still won't beat most V6

Super fast car (I'm not exaggerating), it beats any V6 car on highway

Most people on the highway are racing other drivers who are not racing them..

I have a friend that swears his 2000 corolla is faster that any toyota muscle because he over takes them on the highway grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2019
scarplanet:
It beats any V6 car on highway - yes!

Lol.
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by seanfer(m): 6:06am On May 27, 2019
dicksonadams:

But is it a coupe car... Just two door undecided

The 2009 has 4 doors. The ones I’ve seen are manual transmission
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by dicksonadams(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2019
thebigkendo:

He never mentioned manual transmission, The Si Still won't beat most V6

I have a friend that swears his 2000 corolla is faster that any toyota muscle because he over takes them on the highway grin grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by ruby360: 10:30am On May 27, 2019
Very good car. Just stick with the basic maintenance and recommended engine oil/gear oil. You will enjoy the ride.
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by CocoaOla: 11:29am On May 27, 2019
thebigkheavyo:

He never mentioned manual transmission,drive he Si Still won't beat most V6

YOU MAY BE CORRECT BUT TECHNICALLY SPEAKING IN POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO MOST HONDA CIVIC ARE VERY LIGHT IN WEIGHT TO POWER RATIO , MOST CIVIC ARE LESS THAN 1100KG totall WEIGHT

Civic sports Si with 1100kg total weight with 200 speed horsepower

Most V6 vechle are very heavy up 2100kg total weight with 200hp to 300hp. all wheel drive or 4 wheel drives put loads on engine reducing the horsepower so in conclusion some civic can be faster than some V6 cars
Weight matters a lot

Light weight car light loads on engines

Heavy weight car heavy loads on engine reducing the overall horsepower

THAT'S WHY THE BIGGEST TRAILER ENGINES WITH V8 OR MORE PLUGS AND PISTON CAN NEVER OUT RUN A CAR WITH JUST THREE PLUGS ENGINES

Or I'M CARRYING 1 BAG OF CEMENT YOU'RE ARE CARRYING 2 BAGS OF CEMENT PLEASE WHO IS GOING TO MOVE FASTER?

6 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:43am On May 27, 2019
CocoaOla:
YOU MAY BE CORRECT BUT TECHNICALLY SPEAKING IN POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO MOST HONDA CIVIC ARE VERY LIGHT IN WEIGHT TO POWER RATIO , MOST CIVIC ARE LESS THAN 1100KG totall WEIGHT

Most V6 vechle are very heavy up 2100kg total weight with 200hp to 300hp. all wheel drive or 4 wheel drives put loads on engine reducing the horsepower so in conclusion some civic can be faster than some V6 cars
Weight matters a lot

A Civic with 1100kg curb weight. Hmmm.
The 2019 Civic Si weighs 1310kg and has 205 HP. 6.39kg/HP.
The 2008 Civic Si weighs 1335kg and has 197 HP. 6.77kg/HP

2009 Camry V6 XLE weighs 1594kg and has 268HP. 5.94kg/HP.
2009 Accord V6 weighs 1633kg and has 271HP. 6.02kg/HP.

I'm sorry to tell you, but there's no Civic--bar the Type R, perhaps--that has a better weight/power ratio than the mainstream V6 sedans. Let's not even talk about performance sedans like the BMW 335i, IS350, or Infiniti G.

As such, it's safe to say that the initial statement of a Civic being faster than V6's is false. A 2019 Civic Si may be faster than an Avalon with a 1mz, though, especially due to the turbo it has. But it definitely isn't faster than a Camry or Accord V6.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by thebigkendo(m): 11:44am On May 27, 2019
CocoaOla:

Weight matters a lot

THAT'S WHY THE BIGGEST TRAILER ENGINES WITH V8 OR MORE PLUGS AND PISTON CAN NEVER OUT RUN A CAR WITH JUST THREE PLUGS ENGINES

Lol..I am not in mood to lecture you sir

Ohh.. HeavenlyBang has done it

Modified

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by thebigkendo(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I'm sorry to tell you, but there's no Civic--bar the Type R, perhaps--that has a better weight/power ratio than the mainstream V6 sedans. Let's not even talk about performance sedans like the BMW 335i, IS350, or Infiniti G.

As such, it's safe to say that the initial statement of a Civic being faster than V6's is false. A 2019 Civic Si may be faster than an Avalon with a 1mz, though, especially due to the turbo it has. But it definitely isn't faster than a Camry or Accord V6.

You get power grin grin

Na so i just dey look my guy weh dey brag with him 2000 corolla

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2008 by CocoaOla: 11:52am On May 27, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I'M CARRYING 1 BAG OF CEMENT YOU'RE ARE CARRYING 2 BAGS OF CEMENT PLEASE WHO IS GOING TO MOVE FASTER?
Re: Honda Civic 2008 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2019
thebigkendo:

You get power grin grin

Na so i just dey look my guy weh dey brag with him 2000 corolla

I just get some excess time this morning. grin

CocoaOla:

I'M CARRYING 1 BAG OF CEMENT YOU'RE ARE CARRYING 2 BAGS OF CEMENT PLEASE WHO IS GOING TO MOVE FASTER?

Read all I posted again and ask yourself if this thing you just said makes a single iota of sense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day? / Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? / What Are The Steps To Take When Buying Car Online (new Or Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.