Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! (602 Views)

Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) / #bbnaija : Teddy A And Bambam At The Multichoice Office / Fans Slam B-Red For Claiming To Be A "Poor" Boy Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! by HubertHarold: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
THERE ARE TOO MANY SCAMMERS ONLINE CLAIMING TO BE MULTICHOICE NIGERIA, BEWARE!

I tried paying for my DSTV subscription online last weekend and I discovered that a particular channel was not open for me to view. I knew my subscription automatically gives me access to watch the channel but it just couldn't come up. So, I had to call Multichoice customer care agent to help out. While attending to something else, I asked my cousin to help look out for DSTV customer care contact details, so as usual he tried "Googling it" and he stumbled on these: (check the picture attached below)

On dialing the first number, True Caller revealed the name as DSTV Scammer. The line rang severally but nobody answered the call. Then I tried the next one...this one does not have any information on True Caller but this scammer seems to be ready for business. He quickly answered the call and got my complaint, then he told me that I am not the first to call with same complaint. He said it is weekend so they are experiencing some challenges with their network. He later said that since I made payment on the same day, my money would be reversed to my account but for quick and automatic reset, I would be required to send the subscription fee to a certain account which he would forward to me shortly after the call drops.

I am not a learner, for asking that I should send money to an account, I knew he is a clown...I literally laughed out loud and ended the call. It is not my first time of calling and speaking to an agent at Multichoice call center. It was just my first time of trying to reach them via another means.

So, here is my advice for anyone trying to call Multichoice call center for issues relating to DSTV or GOTV subscription:

1. Instead of searching for DSTV/GOTV customer care number, search for DSTV/GOTV toll-free numbers.
2. Never pay into any private account from contacts online apart from the official payment platforms integrated on DSTV/GOTV official website. If you are not subscribing online, you can walk into the office of a certified agent around you and make payment.
3. Call any of these numbers to speak with an agent at Multichoice call centre: 9Mobile: 09090630333, Airtel: 07080630333, MTN: 08149860333 and GLO: 08113630333.

Some words for Multichoice Nigeria

1. Apart from calls, Multichoice can make the process easier for both DSTV and GOTV subscribers by creating a platform where subscribers can activate their account or communicate with a customer care agent via chat which is cost effective and convenient for some subscribers. GTBank and some other banks have already broken boundaries using this medium.

2. Your short code (USSD) platform for activation of subscription is a very good option. But why monetize it? Why do I have to pay 30 naira for activation when I have already paid for subscription? There are some other companies doing this service free of charge or at least let us pay the normal 4 naira for SMS charges.

3. It is funny how Multichoice Nigeria gives us a platform that operates 24/7 (round the clock) without the capacity to provide a 24/7 customer care support. Why do I have to wait till certain time before I can speak with the customer care agent?

4. There is a need for Multichoice to start working on offline payment through USSD. Recently I read that there is a company already offering this solution for merchants...I heard that GNLD has been using their payment platform for some while now. It is as easy as paying for subscription and renting movies at Box Office with USSD (i.e. without the need of internet). You may have to look up https://www.ogaranya.com/ for further information.

5. Multichoice Nigeria can help to save existing and prospective clients from scammers by putting a disclaimer message on its website, adverts and publications.

I am not a PHD holder or a professor...I am just a brand inspector.

http://brandinspector..com.ng/2018/02/there-are-too-many-scammers-online.html

Re: There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! by DanielJones: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Thank you so much for this OP.
Re: There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! by DanielJones: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
HubertHarold:

THERE ARE TOO MANY SCAMMERS ONLINE CLAIMING TO BE MULTICHOICE NIGERIA, BEWARE!

I tried paying for my DSTV subscription online last weekend and I discovered that a particular channel was not open for me to view. I knew my subscription automatically gives me access to watch the channel but it just couldn't come up. So, I had to call Multichoice customer care agent to help out. While attending to something else, I asked my cousin to help look out for DSTV customer care contact details, so as usual he tried "Googling it" and he stumbled on these: (check the picture attached below)

On dialing the first number, True Caller revealed the name as DSTV Scammer. The line rang severally but nobody answered the call. Then I tried the next one...this one does not have any information on True Caller but this scammer seems to be ready for business. He quickly answered the call and got my complaint, then he told me that I am not the first to call with same complaint. He said it is weekend so they are experiencing some challenges with their network. He later said that since I made payment on the same day, my money would be reversed to my account but for quick and automatic reset, I would be required to send the subscription fee to a certain account which he would forward to me shortly after the call drops.

I am not a learner, for asking that I should send money to an account, I knew he is a clown...I literally laughed out loud and ended the call. It is not my first time of calling and speaking to an agent at Multichoice call center. It was just my first time of trying to reach them via another means.

So, here is my advice for anyone trying to call Multichoice call center for issues relating to DSTV or GOTV subscription:

1. Instead of searching for DSTV/GOTV customer care number, search for DSTV/GOTV toll-free numbers.
2. Never pay into any private account from contacts online apart from the official payment platforms integrated on DSTV/GOTV official website. If you are not subscribing online, you can walk into the office of a certified agent around you and make payment.
3. Call any of these numbers to speak with an agent at Multichoice call centre: 9Mobile: 09090630333, Airtel: 07080630333, MTN: 08149860333 and GLO: 08113630333.

Some words for Multichoice Nigeria

1. Apart from calls, Multichoice can make the process easier for both DSTV and GOTV subscribers by creating a platform where subscribers can activate their account or communicate with a customer care agent via chat which is cost effective and convenient for some subscribers. GTBank and some other banks have already broken boundaries using this medium.

2. Your short code (USSD) platform for activation of subscription is a very good option. But why monetize it? Why do I have to pay 30 naira for activation when I have already paid for subscription? There are some other companies doing this service free of charge or at least let us pay the normal 4 naira for SMS charges.

3. It is funny how Multichoice Nigeria gives us a platform that operates 24/7 (round the clock) without the capacity to provide a 24/7 customer care support. Why do I have to wait till certain time before I can speak with the customer care agent?

4. There is a need for Multichoice to start working on offline payment through USSD. Recently I read that there is a company already offering this solution for merchants...I heard that GNLD has been using their payment platform for some while now. It is as easy as paying for subscription and renting movies at Box Office with USSD (i.e. without the need of internet). You may have to look up https://www.ogaranya.com/ for further information.

5. Multichoice Nigeria can help to save existing and prospective clients from scammers by putting a disclaimer message on its website, adverts and publications.

I am not a PHD holder or a professor...I am just a brand inspector.

http://brandinspector..com.ng/2018/02/there-are-too-many-scammers-online.html

Tell them, they really need to do something about these.
Re: There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! by HubertHarold: 10:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! by budiliscious(f): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
HubertHarold:
Hmmm...Multichoice Nigeria really need to step up their game. The market will soon be competitive.

(1) (Reply)

YBNL Olamide Science Student Video - Download / The site that Cause argument / Davido Cry As He Remember His Good Friend Tagbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.