Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

I Can Prove That Your Brain Is Not Smarter Than An Ant - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Can Prove That Your Brain Is Not Smarter Than An Ant (424 Views)

Just For Fun: An Ant Joke � / Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity / If You Can Prove This, Then I Will Resign – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Can Prove That Your Brain Is Not Smarter Than An Ant by nonfab22: 5:42am On Feb 22, 2018
I have spent a good part of my life trying to appreciate the beauty of animals and how they’ve meticulously planned their lives.

You might think it is impossible for ants to outsmart you, but wisdom taught me that there is a high dimension of life hacks that some seemingly unimportant creatures have adopted which have made their lives.

Whether it is red ants, fire ants, carpenter ants, weaver ants or any of the 14,000 species of ants, ants remain those tiny creatures we’ve all known over the years that can make your skin sore when bitten. And trust me, they’re way smarter than a whole lot of humans.

1. They’ve got the “sixth sense”

I know you might have seen a lot of Hollywood animated movies on talking ants with globe-like eyes. Well, the truth is that most ants are blind. But they’ve got the sixth sense.

Not technically the “sixth sense” per se, but they have a heightened sense of smell, and antennae that helps them to feel things around them.

Without an intelligent sense of sight, these tiny creatures have well mastered their terrains and can detect food, obstacles and enemies on the way.

If you have keenly observed the red ants, you’ll notice they walk across a defined pathway without missing their ways. This is achieved using their antennae.

Most humans who are vision impaired or who have one form of disability or the other have settled for begging or worse still, feel they can never amount to anything tangible in life.

But these tiny creatures keep teaching us that even though the creator made them vision impaired, they still have lots of smart ways to get things done.

The secret is to find a way even in the most difficult of times. If you keep seeing you insufficiency and disability, surely, you can never get any result.

2. They are hyper-organized

An entire ant colony starts with a single reproductive female ant known as the queen. Through her, other members of the colony including the female workers and soldiers are born. The most remarkable thing about the organization of ants is that no one tells the other what to do.

There is no central control department that dishes orders. And like you’ve known, they don’t have functional eyes. But these guys achieve great results without having supervisors over them.

They know what to do and when to do it. Procrastination doesn’t exist in their lexicon and their efficiency is thought provoking. Call it stereotyped, but you cannot deny that their system is totally organized.

Being smart entails using minimum resources to get best results while avoiding every form of loss whatsoever. If you need someone to Wait on you before you take important actions in your life, then you are certainly not as smart as an ant.

Ants are literally the best time managers and they don’t waste resources. Once an opportunity for food opens up somewhere, the scouts will smell it and go for inspection. When they return with tangible intelligence, the necessary number of ants that are needed to move the food will immediately leave to pick it up.

Click to read more https://notemast.com/may-sound-unbelievable-ants-probably-smarter/
For them, complacency and negligence is a crime.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Brain-damaged Baby Isaiah Haastrup Dies After Doctors Withdraw Life Su / High Definition (hd) Picture Quality - Tel: +234802 528 1998, 0807 795 7358, / Dana Airline Must Be Band From Operating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.