Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

“I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija (628 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Isabel Dos Santos: Africa's Richest Woman Charged With Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by gbengapeter(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2018
Africa’s richest woman chief Mrs Folorunsho
Alakija has buttressed the popular saying
that
successful people have serious stories. The
wealthy woman took out time to inspire
people
who look up to her in a motivational post on
her
Instagram page.
The 67 year old woman who took over from
America’s Oprah Winfrey to become the
richest
black woman on earth has revealed that
contrary
to what many believe about her, she has no
university degree all because she came
from a
family where the female child was not
considered important for tertiary education.
In her post, Alakija also revealed that she
gave
her life to Christ 27 years ago and
experienced a
turn around for good…
It happened almost 27 years ago when I
gave my
life to Christ at the age of 40 and my life
has
not been the same ever since, I pray your
life
too, will experience a total turn around.
I was born almost 67 years ago, into a large
and
illustrious polygamous Muslim family as
number
8 out of 52 children through a father who
had 8
wives.
Meanwhile, Folorunsho left the shores of
Nigeria
to study abroad at the tender age of 7…
Even at that age, I knew I could not afford
to let
my family down cause I was seen as an
ambassador.
However, her dream to study law was not
fulfilled because her father did not believe in
investing in girls at that time.
Today, I have no university degree, but
God’s
glory lifted me up and I have received
numerous
Honorary Doctorate Degrees at home and
abroad.
According to Mrs Alakija, it took her more
than
two and half decades to put together all
that she
has now… I am not an overnight success.
She
said.
I have had to make sacrifices like everyone
else,
faced challenges but never given up.
The wealthy woman said encouraging many
who
believed wealth was delivered to her on a
platter

Source: http://www.peternewsonline.tk/2018/02/i-have-no-university-degree-africas.html?m=1

Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by eTECTIVe(m): 8:41am On Feb 22, 2018
U had d only degree dat matters in dis country, connections

1 Like

Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by zakim(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2018
chai! see beauty...
Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by Jayson1: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2018
You can't intimidate me with your money, I still prefer Dieziani Alison Madueke my beautiful sugar mummy. wink
Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by NosoChic: 8:47am On Feb 22, 2018
I'm sorry but what stops Nigerians who want to give inspirational talks for the young ones to come out and state in clear terms how they made it. In this case,along the lines of

....I was awarded an oil well from good relationships....and have grown a good business from it. I have used informal skills learnt in my fashion business. .......
Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by Partnerbiz(f): 9:03am On Feb 22, 2018
NosoChic:
I'm sorry but what stops Nigerians who want to give inspirational talks for the young ones to come out and state in clear terms how they made it. In this case,along the lines of

....I was awarded an oil well from good relationships....and have grown a good business from it. I have used informal skills learnt in my fashion business. .......

Leave all these people.
Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by ssikiru: 9:16am On Feb 22, 2018
having a degree or not....

determination matters in every aspect of life
if you believe that you'll make it..... with prayer + determination = you'll surely get there

1 Like

Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by Grabbeast: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2018
MILF

Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by Grabbeast: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2018
NosoChic:

Why are you jealous.
Why are you envious.
Why are you so pained.
Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by NosoChic: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2018
Grabbeast:

Why are you jealous.
Why are you envious.
Why are you so pained.

Far from it....I'm so many miles away from Nigeria that I really can't be bothered about her story. I have benefited so much from fact based and truthful inspirational stories abroad not all this our Once I was average then God did it for me and now I am wealthy.
Re: “I Have No University Degree” - Africa’s Richest Woman, Folorunsho Alakija by gbengapeter(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
MissyB3
OAM4J
Fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

A4 Paper Suppliers & Buyers- Market Price Needed / CBN: How Currency Deal With China‘ll Boost Nigeria’s Economy / Training On Business Writing Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.