Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice (505 Views)

Construction Of Contemporary Terrace & Detached houseAt Lekki By MOORE / ESTATE LAND FOR SALE With C Of O. INSTALLMENTS UP TO 6 MONTHS / Buy 5plot And Get 1free At Ibeju Lekki By Ayhomes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice by tolex29(f): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2018
Please House, I was just introduced to someone who has a plot of land for sale at Ibeju-Lekki for N1.5million.
He is supposed to be a Christian, so I am supposed to well, trust him. However, I need your advice on how to proceed to protect myself because he is open to me paying in installments for a period of 2 years.
* How do how I protect myself from being defrauded?
* Do I request for receipts monthly?
* What documents should I request for pending the time I complete payment?
* What documents should I request for when I complete payment?
* What happens should this man die before the completion of payment?
* What other things can I do to make sure he keeps to his own side of the bargain, if I keep to mine

Will appreciate your sincere guidance and advice.
Re: I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice by Noya4Real(m): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Good day sir/ma.
You need to know the document the land has first, and ask for the survey coordinates /copy and chat it at Ikeja with the help of a Lawyer. If the name on the survey copy is different from the name of the person selling, don't pay please. Another option is that, if is just receipt for the family that sold the Land, you have to confirm from the family before you start to pay and try to prefect your paper on time.
Re: I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice by SteadyIncome11(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
I understand exactly how u feel. We have handled several cases. It is a very simple contact us on Whatsapp https:///send?phone=2348138092003&text=How%20do%20I%20handle%20safe%20instalment%20land%20payment?
Re: I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice by MrMcJay(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2018
tolex29:
Please House, I was just introduced to someone who has a plot of land for sale at Ibeju-Lekki for N1.5million.
He is supposed to be a Christian, so I am supposed to well, trust him. However, I need your advice on how to proceed to protect myself because he is open to me paying in installments for a period of 2 years.
* What other things can I do to make sure he keeps to his own side of the bargain, if I keep to mine

Will appreciate your sincere guidance and advice.

Get a registered surveyor to pick the physical coordinates of the land and chart it at the Surveyor-General's office to be sure it falls outside government acquisition. The seller's survey may be fraudulently done to show the land is free.
Thereafter, get a lawyer to conduct due diligence and verification of the land before you pay a Kobo.

You can request for receipts for each time paid whether weekly, monthly or quarterly. If obtaining a receipt is too cumbersome, pay by bank cash deposit and keep copies of the payment slip.

Ask your lawyer to prepare a Contract of Sale outlining the understanding between both parties.

Deed of Assignment, Contract of Sale, Full payment receipt.

Good question. If he dies, he's incapable of transferring title to you. Your money has entered voicemail. Whether your case can be remedied or not depends on how smart your lawyer is. That's why instalment payments are discouraged. One step to protect yourself is to ensure that the seller introduces you to representatives of the omoniles he bought from. Actually, there are several ways out. Talk to your lawyer about this.

* What other things can I do to make sure he keeps to his own side of the bargain, if I keep to mine?
Get your Contract of Sale executed by a Magistrate, Notary public or Commissioner of Oaths.

If you require further legal assistance, post your questions here or reach me on O8O6379O773

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Pay For A Plot Of Land At Lekki By Installments. I Need Advice by tolex29(f): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
Thank you so much. I will make sure I call you for further guidance. God bless you greatly

MrMcJay:

Get a registered surveyor to pick the physical coordinates of the land and chart it at the Surveyor-General's office to be sure it falls outside government acquisition. The seller's survey may be fraudulently done to show the land is free.
Thereafter, get a lawyer to conduct due diligence and verification of the land before you pay a Kobo.

You can request for receipts for each time paid whether weekly, monthly or quarterly. If obtaining a receipt is too cumbersome, pay by bank cash deposit and keep copies of the payment slip.

Ask your lawyer to prepare a Contract of Sale outlining the understanding between both parties.

Deed of Assignment, Contract of Sale, Full payment receipt.

Good question. If he dies, he's incapable of transferring title to you. Your money has entered voicemail. Whether your case can be remedied or not depends on how smart your lawyer is. That's why instalment payments are discouraged. One step to protect yourself is to ensure that the seller introduces you to representatives of the omoniles he bought from. Actually, there are several ways out. Talk to your lawyer about this.

* What other things can I do to make sure he keeps to his own side of the bargain, if I keep to mine?
Get your Contract of Sale executed by a Magistrate, Notary public or Commissioner of Oaths.

If you require further legal assistance, post your questions here or reach me on 08063790773

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Duplex in Chevron with 8 Months Plan / For Sale: Luxurious 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex / Land Documentation,legal Advisory,real Estate Agency,civil Engineering Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.