Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? (1110 Views)

Ever Re-read Your Posts And Felt Embarassed? / Another Reason....magazines Don't Belong In The Bathroom..... / Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by gracious(f): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2005
watz up y'all
well i guess the topic is clear enough but just incase, have u guys ever felt like u don't belong? it could be to a group of friends, school, job ? u know wat i'm saying?
for example, when i was in high skool, we happened to move to a new area and i had to change my skool. my new skool was rreally like... ..... dah lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed!!!! i just felt i did not belong to the skool. the pple, the activities, everything, i just didn't connect . what about u guys share your experience with us. grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by nike4luv(f): 12:28am On Dec 28, 2005
yea, everyone feels like they dont belong when they get to a new place, it depends

when i first got to the uk: i felt like i was the only black, even though i came with my family, the discrimination made it worse, made me want to go back home.

my first school: if u are at another country, different from yours, where everyone is different, u kind of find yourself invisible, especially if you are new, people start asking you questions, some annoying some inquisitive and you just feel soo uncomfortable, {especially if your name is the longest in the school} embarassed

second schhol: not very cool, they kind of take you for granted, since you are not one of them and all and they want to know some stuff to rope u into things u are not used to

but the thing is, i always pulled through no matter what cheesy
Re: Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by Outkast(f): 5:28am On Jan 07, 2006
Ironically, I think my name says it all, don't you? lol

Well yeah, like nike said,school was a drag for me, I had to show the ignorant that yes, I might be African, I might be new, but I'll come here and reap the goodness from your land.
There was this yoruba guy that just moved and he had a funy accent, so they'd use him to classify me, they ask stupid questions like do you live with lions, do y'all have roads. Actually had to bring pics to show them. Made me look like a fighter because I was always fighting one person.

Everyone feels that way. Even when I just joined NL, it was like, alright, they're fixed relationships here, no need. We might pretend it doesn't bother us, but it does.
Re: Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by IB7(f): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2006
I am feeling it at the moment.

IB
Re: Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by Rolly: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2006
yeah i know.

When i first got the the states, i felt like running back home. i didnt feel as if i belonged but because i knew i came here for a reason, i had to start talking to my self like telling me that "i love me", " theres no one else like me", and words of encouragement like that but i still feel the tingling sensation of not belonging sometimes cheesy cheesy

But it's all gud wink
Re: Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by Rolly: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2006
@ I.B,

cheer up girl wink kiss kiss
Re: Ever Felt Like You Don't Belong? by babwilms(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2006
Yes i feel like i dont belong here everytime in Europe, we are just too different sets of people expecially our way of thinking. I have never suffer from racism before but my mind is not always here in this environment eventhough i have spent almost half of my life in the UK.

Here in europe you get to see all sort of nonsense (homo-sexual marriages, divorce rate is high, women kicking their husband out of the house, not been able to smack your kid, women given too much power expecially when it comes to divorce) and some stupid laws they pass that i have never heard off in nigeria and it just wants me to go back to nigeria after my degree. I just dont belong her, its just too different from my rich nigerian culture and society.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Holiday? / New On Nairaland And Wants Female Friends In And Outside Nigeria / Chevron Test Format For Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.