Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote (11348 Views)

Nnewi: Nigeria’s Self-made Industrial Hub / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by 9Ebisco: 6:35am On Feb 23, 2018
Dangote Foods, comprising of Dangote Flour Mills, Dangote Sugar Refinery and NASCON Allied Industries yesterday in Lagos rewarded a total of 77 customers who distinguished themselves in 2017.

At the award night, 11 winners emerged from each of the geopolitical regions while the balance was in the national category. A total of 23 distributors won awards from Dangote Sugar Refinery, 27 from Dangote Flour Mills and 27 from NASCON Allied Industries.

Speaking at the 2018 Customer Celebration and Distributor Awards Night , Aliko Dangote, President/Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Industries Limited, said that the event was organised in appreciation of customers for making Dangote food products a house hold name in Nigeria.

He said: “We are gathered here in honour of our customers and distributors who have distinguished themselves in the distribution of our food products range and also to thank all the staff at DFM, NASCON and Dangote Sugar for their contribution.”

He added, “we are a major player in the food sector where our business units; Dangote Flour Mills, Dangote Sugar Refinery and NASCON Allied Industries are clear leaders in their respective fields. We are firm believers in the vast economic potential of Nigeria. This has informed our desire to invest massively in some states across the country. Our target is to ensure that Nigeria becomes self-sufficient in all the sectors where we play.”

Giving an update on the strides of the Group in the food sector, Dangote stated: “In the Sugar sector, we developed a sugar backward integration project plan targeted at the production of 1.5MT/PA from various sites across Nigeria, in the next 10 years and we are acquiring about 150,000 hectares for sugar plantation in Adamawa, Taraba, Nasarawa, Kwara, Kogi and Niger States. We signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Nasarawa State Government for the construction of an integrated sugar complex located at Tunga.”

He said that this will generate over 100,000 employment opportunities from all the sugar projects, saying that: “We will establish integrated sugar mills within these locations, generate electricity, and produce animal feeds from bagasse and molasses.” For Dangote Flour Mills, he said, “we have a three-point growth plan, to focus on sustaining high product quality, improving customer engagement and strengthening supply chain capabilities.

“We introduced new improved pasta product called ‘Excellente’ which comes with a new taste and in new packs. Our flour has remained the bakers’ choice and toast of many confectionary companies. We are currently conducting tests to evaluate the suitability of our soils in Nigeria in the cultivation of wheat.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/i-will-make-nigeria-self-sufficient-in.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Lukgaf(m): 6:40am On Feb 23, 2018
With this expensive rice and cement. We dey look

15 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by pat077: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2018
U are capable

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Edopesin: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2018
Only For Suger And Flour Which One Is 'Foods'

Quote Your Ancestors

9 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by livinus009(m): 6:40am On Feb 23, 2018
We know you can do It because you're the only who can make it happen

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Pavore9: 6:41am On Feb 23, 2018
He is more believable than Buhari.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Eazi1(m): 6:41am On Feb 23, 2018
plz do what u say dn't listed to bubu nd others....it's nw dat bubu will be threating hm with tax payment

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by nairalanduseles: 6:41am On Feb 23, 2018
na so abi u will make more money from Nigerians.......f..cking greedy cunt

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Samusu(m): 6:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Dangote my guy

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by davibid: 6:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Very soon We'll have Ministry of Dangote in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Peterpanny: 6:42am On Feb 23, 2018
abeg before making food sufficient try and employ reasonable and responsible drivers not all these devilish senseless abbookkiissss that drive with stupid and Reckless abandon.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Primusinterpares(m): 6:42am On Feb 23, 2018
This is someone that talks with a mental plan and a possible and workable plan on achieving it...

Thumbs up man...

His gain...
more people will be employed...
he will still smile to the bank...

if only we have like at least 10 dangotes in Nigeria...

10 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Pavore9: 6:43am On Feb 23, 2018
nairalanduseles:

Who is stopping you from producing food and sell to Nigerians?

9 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:43am On Feb 23, 2018
I want to b like dangote

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Sealeddeal(m): 6:43am On Feb 23, 2018
Story
Na your money you dey find
Na so you made Nigeria sufficient in Cement production, yet no benefit to Nigerians in terms of pricing,it's even worse.

26 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2018
Please sir, don't add Noddles because your noodles are the worst of products I ever tasted.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by LastSurvivor11: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2018
With this ur indomie and floor abi?

And with this ur monopoly arrangements with every government right?
Like it or not, dangote has deliberately put Nigeria in this mess by conspiring with the government to discourage every form competition in his brand. Egypt ibeto cement with OBJ etc..

Btw Nigeria will never be self sufficient in food production until government decides to protect farmers half of the way they are protecting fulanis that is killing the farmers..
Thank you..

5 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by rxmusa(m): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2018
President Buhari is working! Providing an enable environment for Nigerian self-sufficiency

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by nairalanduseles: 6:45am On Feb 23, 2018
Pavore9:

Who is stopping you from producing food and sell to Nigerians?

how can small entrepreneurs ever grow when the big ones always chase them out with their govt backing and funds

8 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by rickyrex(m): 6:45am On Feb 23, 2018
The man dangote is a through business man.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Jackyboy: 6:45am On Feb 23, 2018
The one u want sell us or the one u want teach us how to grow. Self-first businessman like u!b
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by pweshdodo(m): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2018
Nothing comes for free in Nigeria..meet one to one with the richest man in Africa, download the app and register with 1000 naira..kosofe grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2018
nairalanduseles:
shut that thing u call mouth. What is wrong in believing in your country and investing in it? Do u know how many million people are earning their livelihood through dangote?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by xmanco42: 6:46am On Feb 23, 2018
TEACHER: who is the president of Nigeria
CHILDREN: Aliko Dangote
TEACHER*

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by BafanaBafana: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Man wey sabi. This man was born for business.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Pavore9: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2018
nairalanduseles:

how can small entrepreneurs ever grow when the big ones always chase them out with their govt backing and funds

In Agriculture, there is always a space for anyone who is commitedly interested, trust me on this. From cultivation, processing, packaging, distribution, marketing etc you can fit in somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Chrisbeks: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Oga dangote. More power to your elbow o
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by id4sho(m): 6:48am On Feb 23, 2018
REAL DEVELOPER not YEYE DEVELOPERS ,
ALIKO DANGOTE, tiri gbosa 4 U.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by dust144(m): 6:49am On Feb 23, 2018
God will keep you alive and healthy.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Quality20(m): 6:50am On Feb 23, 2018
yes ipob region need food badly Mr dangote. That's how they will b loading food stuffs frm d north every time they travel down east frm d north. Even grinding tomatoes and taking it south- can't u guys farm or is d land so eroded down east?

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Pavore9: 6:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Quality20:
yes ipob region need food badly Mr dangote. That's how they will b loading food stuffs frm d north every time they travel down east frm d north. Even grinding tomatoes and taking it south- can't u guys farm or is d land so eroded down east?

Why drag a region into your ranting?

3 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 23, 2018
Primusinterpares:
This is someone that talks with a mental plan and a possible and workable plan on achieving it...

Thumbs up man...

His gain...
more people will be employed...
he will still smile to the bank...

if only we have like at least 10 dangotes in Nigeria...

That's where the challenge lies. The factors in place put others at a disadvantage, so the field isn't level.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Company, Shenzhen Lemi To Establish Battery Factory In Nigeria / For Those Interested In Shoe And Palm Slippers Making(pics) / Business Name Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.