Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt (772 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt by alexhandsomehma: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Throwback Photos of Majek Fashek's 1987 performance that shutdown Port Harcourt Stadium
This 1987 performance by legendary Nigerian musician, Majek Fashek still remains a talking point for music pundits till date.

History has it that Majek shut down the Port Harcourt stadium with an incredible performance of his monster hit song 'Send Down The Rain'. Shortly after he began performing, the gates of heavens were opened with a heavy downpour.

more details @ http://www.ritalori.com/throwback-photos-majek-fasheks-1987-performance-shutdown-port-harcourt-stadium/

Re: Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt by GudluckIBB(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2018
PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE
This is present day wizkid

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt by PheezyLee(m): 11:47am On Feb 23, 2018
So this inspired terry g to dey carry bell around?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
According to the legend Majek himself:

"The song is not a normal song; it is a spiritual hit song.
Timi Dakolo does not know how I suffered to get that
song. I fasted for seven days before I got that song. I
partook in three days ‘white’ fasting before the song
came to me. "
Re: Throwback Photos Of Majek Fashek's 1987 Performance That Shutdown Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
From a nairalander- holaralph:

A white fasting is a type fasting that He Majek will not eat anything oily, salty, sugarish, pepperish, he will not take anything that as taste at all and that type of fasting gives one spiritual power that with faith anything the person fasting ask GOD ALMIGHTY to do God will do it, that type of fasting with faith it quickly call God, Jesus christ and Holy spirit to action that's by the way...... I remember those days when He Majek launched and released that Song its nothing but spiritual song....... I was at the benson and hedges golden tone concert that's mid 90s where Majek Fashek was telling a fuji musician then that please I beg you in the name of God Go and perform because I don't want to perform before you, I won't mention that fuji Artist because am a sound engineer....... After Majek persuaded the fuji musician to sing He said Majek should go and sing what happened that and some other days made me to know that the song is highy spiritual......... As soon as Majek started singing huge rain strted pouring that was the end of the whole concert...... It as happened many times like that...... As a person I know Majek Fashek genesis A majek Fashek that as passed through C&S church must be a spiritual kind of person so what he said is nothing new to me it could be something new to. Some teenagers that are on Nairaland...........what happened to Majek is nothing but he derailing from his spirituality entering fully into the utmost world of enjoyment, that was what slammed Majek on the floor......... As for some nairaland kids that are commenting any how, most of you are yet to know what is called WORLD as in AYE ( what most of you know is football world and entertainment world ) so I can't blame you......... I rest my case

(1) (Reply)

Moments From The Burial Ceremony Of Actress Toyin Aimakhu’s Late Father / See What Actress Destiny Etiko Is Doing With A Tree / Kim Kardashian And Kanye West In Nigeria (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.