Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Brother Was Just Assaulted In His PPA - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Brother Was Just Assaulted In His PPA (746 Views)

Corper Who Was Assaulted By Female Soldier In Calabar Returns To Lagos (Video) / Ezeiruaku Ifenyinwa The Youth Corper assaulted in Calabar Arrives Lagos (video) / 26-Year-Old Kano Corps Member Dies While Returning To His PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Was Just Assaulted In His PPA by riqblaze(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Guys I'm bringing this here because I know I'll get unbiased opinion, devoid of emotions.

So it turns out my younger brother who is serving in Coastline Seafarers Academy a kind of Maritime Polytechnic in Delta state has not been paid by his PPA since July 2017. Fast forward to 2018, the Corp members there are reminding the school about their outstanding pay, especially as they will be passing out in April. Apparently the school is not happy about this and has been having issues with them. Today, my brother just called me that some of the school personnel ordered some students to beat him up over some issues with a door. I don't have the full information about everything and so will not want to take hasty action.

I asked him what he has done about it and he confirmed that he has called his LGI and informed her and she has said she will take it up with the rector. I have also asked him to go and report it to the nearest police station, not like they will do anything about it, but just for record purposes.

This is what I intend doing further.

1. Call the LGI about it and pile pressure on her so the school will do the right thing

2. Ask him to leave that place immediately and go home for now until it's safe to return there

3. Send an official complaint to the school, NYSC and the Nigeria police, follow up on social media and Nairaland if need be.

4. Follow this up to ensure those involved in this are brought to book and it's safe for him to return there.

What's your opinion guys?
Re: My Brother Was Just Assaulted In His PPA by EweduAfonja(f): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
MODS won't push this to front page cuz it's not BB Naija...
Re: My Brother Was Just Assaulted In His PPA by pizzylee(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
Be sure there is nothing going on BTW ur broda n person that assaulted him then go on with ur intentions
Re: My Brother Was Just Assaulted In His PPA by riqblaze(m): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
Update

He has left there now and is currently in a safe place. I have also spoken to the LGI and she said she had even officially sent a letter to the school on Thursday, stating her plans to remove them from there because of the unpaid debt and that she's surprised she's just hearing this. She says she is currently not in Delta state but in Benin and that upon resumption on Monday, she will go with a team of police men to the school to arrest those involved in the fracas. She also says she's pulling them out finally never to return there and will follow up to make sure they are paid all they are owed.

She was quite reassuring and I have decided to let matters lie for now. I will call her again on Monday to get the feedback.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Member Crushes By A Train While Walking With Earpiece (pictures) / Apply For Nigerian Bottling Company Youth Empowered Workshop 2018 / Oyo State Batch C 2019 (stream 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.