Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,648 members, 7,958,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Iphone X Will Probably Never Witness Its First Birthday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone X Will Probably Never Witness Its First Birthday (735 Views)

Checkout N13.6 Million Naira Rebranded Iphone X, Will You Buy It? / Iphone X Will Be Available In These Countries. Why Is Nigeria Omitted? / The Iphone X Will Have An A11 Processor With Six Cores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone X Will Probably Never Witness Its First Birthday by TechShrewd: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
f you’ve been contemplating whether to buy an iPhone X, you may have just been given an option.

On Friday, the king of Apple analysts, his majesty Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, predicted Apple will soon be discontinuing the iPhone X, according to a recent AppleInsider report.

That’s right: Apple is due to kill off its most expensive iPhone after the summer, right when the next generation of iPhones is due and less than a year after its debut (it didn’t go on sale until Nov. 3).

In his note, Kuo appeared to imply the move was a response to weak demand, particularly in China, where smartphone buyers are said to be more skeptical of the infamous “notch.” He later clarified in a follow-up note that the iPhone X was being put out to pasture early to prevent any potential “cannibalization” of the new iPhone line that’s planned for the fall, according to MacRumors.

Either way, the rumor comes as quite a surprise. Everyone knows Apple releases new iPhone models every year, but it would be unusual if it discontinued a newer model only a year after its launch. The company usually keeps making and selling older iPhones year after year, just at reduced cost. For example, you can buy a brand new iPhone 7 or even an iPhone 6S, directly from Apple today.
When Kuo’s initial prediction made headlines, it was mischaracterized in the blogosphere as

Apple “canceling” the iPhone X, as if it were cutting off production immediately and flipping an iPhone X sign on the door of the Apple Store to read “permanently out of stock.” That’s obviously not happening, but it still might make you wonder: Does the premature end of life (if Apple is indeed killing the iPhone X in Sept. — remember, this is technically a supply chain rumor) mean the company has lost confidence in its top-of-the-line iPhone?

A couple of months back Kuo made what is now considered the best prediction about exactly how the 2018 iPhone lines will shake out in the wake of the iPhone X. Instead of just one phone with an edge-to-edge screen, there would be three. Two “premium” models, a 5.8-inch and larger 6.5-inch design, starting at roughly the iPhone X’s current price point (starts at $999), and a 6.1-inch iPhone with a price closer to the current iPhone 8 Plus ($799).

You can already start to see the problem. If Apple keeps the iPhone X around by knocking $150 off the price, it starts to get a little too close to that new 6.1-inch model. In fact, it would probably put Apple in the awkward position of pricing last year’s phone higher than its newer (but non-premium) iPhones.
To Read More Visit http://techshrewd.com.ng/iphone-x-will-probably-never-witness-first-birthday/

Re: Iphone X Will Probably Never Witness Its First Birthday by princemillla(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Let me just use my money buy one plot of land jeje
Re: Iphone X Will Probably Never Witness Its First Birthday by Omololu2121: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
princemillla:
Let me just use my money buy one plot of land jeje
nah inside bush you go buy the land o,make you kuku invest your money on something else
Re: Iphone X Will Probably Never Witness Its First Birthday by princemillla(m): 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Omololu2121:
nah inside bush you go buy the land o,make you kuku invest your money on something else

Where u dey live now was once a bush..... so nothing like bush wen wen u are investing in real estate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

sold / How To Pay Online Bill Using Your Verve ATM Card <<read More>> / I Need Grandtheft/ Gangster City Of Rio For My Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.