Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Alter Ego - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alter Ego (4073 Views)

New Release: The Alter / To Utter Is To Alter / My Alter -ego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
I finally put my lazy ass down and did some paper work. It's my first work going public. I hope y'all like it.

**ACKNOWLEDGEMENT**
Thank God for giving me a talent and the ability to improve on it. Special thanks to a friend, soft and gentle, meek and humble, but sassy at times, Miss Treasure. And a large thank you to all who will read this story. Peace.

NOTE: To all the gods of writing on this forum, abeg rational criticism is allowed.
And copying ain't allowed. seek permission first.
.ENJOY
COPYRIGHT - Mykell

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by michlins(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
PROLOGUE

"I warned you, didn't I? " He heard the voice ask
"if you had considered my offer, this wouldn't have happened " it said
"But I can't leave you to keep being subtle on making decisions "
"I own you now! "
"No you don't! " He spoke for the first time
"Hahahaha, we'll see about that" the voice replied sinisterly.
And then burning sensations crawled on his skin, leaving him screaming from the excruciating pain.
He had failed, it's over now.
Slowly He succumbed to the darkness enveloping him.
**BLACK OUT**

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Mizsylviah(f): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
CHAPTER ONE.
THE EFFECT.

Today wasn't any different from any other day Matthew Okorie had experienced since the beginning of the year. The new surrounding was still strange to him, he had no friends to lighten his mood and escape the boredom and the not-so-interesting school hostel.
He had just gained admission into the Ebonyi State University after spending over three years in a wild goose chase of another institution with an unimpressive result. Things would have been better, Matthew knew that but it wasn't anyone's fault but his that things were the way they were.
Matthew was in his early twenties, of average height, had broad shoulders and strong arms. Above all he was academically sound but one wouldn't say that judging from his current self.
He had been sitting outside the room he and his cousins, Chika and Victor lived. His thoughts, clouded with what he could possibly become at the end of his years in the university.
"You're a teacher"
he cringed when he remembered the words of a certain lecturer who had addressed the 100 level students last week. Matthew didn't like to admit that he was going to read a course he knew nothing of; English Education.
" Matt" his cousin, Chika broke into his thoughts.
"Have you eaten?" he asked
"No, I haven't but I will later" Matthew answered
"Alright then, am off to church. Just make sure you eat something sha" Chika said.
" okay brother " Matthew replied noticing that indeed his cousin was dressed for a function.
"Pray for me o" he said to Chika who had turned to leave
"I will" Chika replied smiling back at Matthew who had a forced smile on his face. He knew he wouldn't be truly happy for a long time.
Chika like Matthew was in his early twenties but older. He was God fearing and dedicated to his studies. He has a blinded left eye and a slurry way of speaking but none of these deficiencies deterred him from having a boldness that Matthew envied to the latter.
Unlike Chika, Matthew was very reserved. Not exactly an introvert but a quiet person; an attitude he adopted years ago.
Chika's brother, Victor was the exuberant one amongst the trio. He has had his share of an awful life filled with immorality but he changed recently. He gave his life to Christ but one wouldn't say he completely did because traces of his old life were around him but he carefully hid it from both his brother and his cousin or so he thought.

"Thank God ooo!! "
"Heeeey Nwam (my child) " Mrs Godwin exclaimed for the umpteenth time and looked at her daughter, Favour who was smiling sheepishly.
"so all those women in the market will stop calling me mama Favour and start calling me mummy teecha (teacher) or mummy Americana" she said imagining the reality of her words.
"Yes mummy " Favour replied still smiling sheepishly.
The woman had not stopped gesticulating and showering her with praises.
Favour was happy but this wasn't what she bargained for. She wanted to read English, true but not under the faculty of education. she had expected her family, especially her mother to react negatively to the course she was going to read but to her utmost surprise, they were all happy.
Her dad, Mr Godwin was a journalist and his job kept him away from his family but he was always able to make up for his absence.
Mrs Godwin owned a boutique in the market and was doing very well.
Favour had a younger brother, Felix. He was In Sss2 and he was quite heady.
"See, I will prepare your best meal today o" Mrs Godwin said to her daughter
"wow! thank you mummy! " Favour said hugging her mom.
"But remember that my school fees has not been paid and school had resumed two weeks ago" Favour stated
"Ehnnnn Nwam, what is ya father hia for?" Mrs Godwin asked comically and Favour laughed.
"let me go to the market now, so that I can get some things and cook for you eh" Mrs Godwin said standing up from the chair she had been sitting on.
"ok mom" Favour replied
Mrs Godwin smiled and walked to the door but stopped abruptly in reaction to a sharp pain in her head and she placed a hand there and let out a gasp.
"Mom, are you ok?" Favour asked, her voiced laced with concern but her mom didn't reply.
"Mom? "
Mrs Godwin slumped and fell to the floor with a faint thud from impact.
"Mummy!! " Favour screamed in horror.

.....She wanna gimme tonight o
rara... ororo...
she say she wanna gimme tonight o ola la la
rara... ororo....
The song of R2bees which featured Wizkid blared through the speakers of the school shuttle in which Matthew boarded to school that morning. He loved the song but the lyrical content was trash. He was sure that the producers were the machines behind the hit.
"Transformer park!! " the bus conductor announced
"e dey o! " Matthew replied and the driver parked by the bus stop for him to highlight from the bus.
The morning was fresh and soothing as usual. Students were within and outside the school. Some sitting in the snack shops, some mounting bikes to unknown destinations, some scurrying into the school ;signifying their lateness and some walking casually to class; this was the group Matthew fell in. His lectures would begin exactly an hour from the time he arrived that morning. He got to class and settled in the second bench from the pulpit which lecturers lectured from. He brought out his note to do a scan on previous lectures and almost immediately his phone rang; It was his Dad.
"Hello sir, good morning " Matthew greeted after he picked the call.
"Morning Matt,how are you?" Mr Johnson asked
"am fine, sir"
"and how're you coping in school?
"am adapting sir" Matthew said truthfully and his father let out a short laugh, his deep voice vibrating through the phone.
"Alright then, I just called to inform you that I will transfer your school fees into your account today"
"oh, thank you sir" Matthew said
"Matt? "
"Sir? "
"Be careful with that money"
Matthew chuckled and said "I will sir"
"Your mother sends her greetings, call her later " Mr Johnson said
"Ok Dad"
"I have you go now, call you later"
"bye sir" Matthew replied, hung up and put the phone in his bag.
The class had begun to get filled but only a few sat on the bench Matthew sat. Then, a neatly dressed man, holding a brief case walked into the class and like locusts on rampage students rushed into the class to avoid being locked out of the class by the neatly dressed man who was obviously a lecturer.
"Please can I sit with you? " Matthew heard a soft voice ask and turned to where it came from. Matthew's jaw dropped in awe of what he beheld before him.
It was a girl, a breathtaking beauty. She had a perfectly oval shaped face, doe eyes, a pointed nose and thin lips. Her hair was made into long braids which were packed together at the back of her head and fell down her back and stopped on her waist line.
"Please shift na let me sit" she said pleadingly, kicking Matthew out of his trance.
He just realized that he had been gawking at the creature before him, with an open mouth too.
"urrr... sorry" he said obviously embarrassed by his action and he stood to allow her sit and then sat after she did. She brought a notebook out of her bag and was still digging her bag for something. Matthew took a quick glance at the book and read out the name written on the front; Favour Godwin. He smiled to himself. This school just got interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
I call on the gods of writing on nairaland
Abeg epp me sheck my work.
I don't know how to call but abeg called and uncalled please do read. Thank you. �
Souloho19, my aunty Shewrites, horror writer aka ghostwriter, rachelfst, and a host of others with my amiable readers.
Gbosa for una.
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mizsylviah:
Following
Thank you just keep following like that
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
michlins:
Following
am pleased, keep following God bless ya
Re: Alter Ego by ghostwritter(m): 10:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
Kendrickmykell:
I call on the gods of writing on nairaland
Abeg epp me sheck my work.
I don't know how to call but abeg called and uncalled please do read. Thank you. �
Souloho19, my aunty Shewrites, horror writer aka ghostwriter, rachelfst, and a host of others with my amiable readers.
Gbosa for una.
nice one, try and space your work and pls don't give me that regular, everyday, unrealistic, boring undergraduate love tale. I want something ghénghéncious, bring up that unexpected and unpredictable conflict. Ride on, I've got ma eyes on ya!

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
ghostwritter:

nice one, try and space your work and pls don't give me that regular, everyday, unrealistic, boring undergraduate love tale. I want something ghénghéncious, bring up that unexpected and unpredictable conflict. Ride on, I've got ma eyes on ya!
Trust me when I say you don't know what's coming , boss. Thank you for your comment. I am honoured.
Re: Alter Ego by souloho19(m): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2018
I'm following bro, nice start. School just got interesting indeed hehehe

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
CHAPTER TWO
THE CAUSE

CENTURIES AGO.... WEST AFRICA.

He sat in the dreaded dungeon feets under the ground damned to thick darkness and loneliness. Anyone in this condition would have been drowned in regrets but He wasn't having the slightest feeling of remorse; He loved his current state. It fueled his quest for revenge.
He remembered that day his quest began like it were yesterday.
A hundred and thirty one days before now, he was royalty in it's purest form. Loved by all and lived for all. He was the sweetheart of the entire Village until that day. That day that changed his life forever.
It was the Thanksgiving day. The day everyone thanked the gods for the plentiuos and bountiful harvest. And all the villagers had gathered before the high rise palace with their offerings of fruits and animals. He was all smiles and greeted everyone he saw, making rib-cracking jokes as he was known for. In a minute, he noticed something was amiss. His mother, who was to perform a certain function that day wasn't there. This was quite usual. He decided to check her chamber and wriggled his way out of the midst of the people.
He had gotten to the door of his mother's chamber and reached for the edge to push it open but stopped and listened. He heard a familiar voice coming from within the room reciting some unfamiliar words. He thought it was the village physician so with an unsuspecting mind he barged into the room.
He froze.
His eyes in a split second had seen more than it could carry. His breathing now was labored, his heart pounded ferociously against his rib cage, his knees got wobbly and his under eye vein bulging from his eyelids.
His mother was sprawled on her bed, a dagger poking out of her skull, the person he thought was the physician was his brother and his brother's lover was also present. She held a golden cup in her hands, filled to the brim with blood. Nobody needed to tell him that his mother's blood was what graced the cup.
"You're too late, brother. The ritual is complete " his brother said.
"Let's kill him now!, He has seen us" his brother's lover shouted.
" No, let's leave him to his fate" his brother replied and with that He and his lover vanished into thin air..
It took him sometime to recover a bit and he ran to his mother's side. He held her head in his arms, sobbing from the depths of his heart.
"my... son.. is that.. you? " she asked in a feeble voice.
"It's me mother. " he answered
she coughed, blood flowing out of her mouth.
"I ...don't.. have much.. time" she said
"I will get help mother" he said amidst tears.
" Touch.. my.. blood.. and rub it.. on... your forehead" his mother ordered weakly
"No Mother!, I will not do such" he rebuked
"My son, listen to.. me. its the only way ..to..avenge for..me"
He slowly touched the side of her head, felt the warm blood and brought it to his forehead.
"My... son.. " she said and let out her ghost.
"Moth.... " he was about speaking when the royal guards rushed into the room and surrounded him.
Then his brother came in after them.
"The traitor! seize him!! " his brother commanded and the guards accosted him, lifting him up from his kneeling position.
"Take him to the dungeons, until he is ready for the trial " his brother said in a tone of finality before walking out of the room.
He looked at his mother again and let himself go. He was going to kill the brother he once loved and that was his quest in honour of his mother.
Now, days have passed since the incident and since then he hasn't seen the rays of the sun or felt it on his skin. Those days were gone. Dead and gone. He only lived now for revenge.
The locks to the cell came undone and two royal guards walked in. He smiled for the first time in days. Royal guards.. he was still seen as a royal one.
"It's time to meet the king he requests your presence" one guard said.
"Move outside " the other guard commanded.
He slowly stood and did as he was told.
He was brought before the king in the village court. All the villagers were present, the council of cheifs and the king himself.
"Why did you do it? " the king asked Him
He slowly lifted up his head to look at the king; his father.
"I did nothing" he answered unperturbed by the look on his father's face.
"Sacrilege! " one of the chiefs shouted
The prince laughed and said "Sacrilege, you say. like asking your daughter to lie with you, chief Kotoko? "
The villagers let out series of gasps and murmured. The chief was visibly embarrassed and lost for words.
"Do not try to wave your case into oblivion " the king said "why did you kill my queen?!" a visibly angry king asked.
That was usual of the king. The prince had noticed that the king hadn't sent for him till today and the king was rich in wisdom; he never jumps into conclusion on a case without thorough questioning and investigation. And then he remembered. His eyes widened in realization. His brother and his brother's lover, had been practicing magic and it was forbidden in the land. His brother was several steps ahead of him and he feared that he quest might end today without an accomplishment.
"Answer me!! " the king shouted
The prince stood still and never spoke.
" Fine, since you've lost your tongue, I will now pass judgement" the king said and the villagers murmured.
"I sentence you to death by the stone for the murder of the Queen "
No this can't be. the prince thought to himself. His quest has ended. The villagers were sad. They didn't know what or who to believe but the king could never be questioned.
The guards took the prince outside the court and made a circle around him. Bags of stones were given to each of them. A guard brought a stone out and the prince saw that it was gold. He smiled bitterly. He is still a royal.
The first stone hit him square on his chest leaving his rib broken. He screamed.
One by one the guards stoned him. Blood gushed out of his body and his bones were breaking to bits, cracking and bending. He lifted his head when the soldiers stopped stoning him and saw afar, his father, his chiefs and his unruly brother.
"I.. forgive.. you.. fa..ther." he stuttered And with that a guard threw a stone and it hit the prince's head.
****BLACK OUT*****

2 Likes

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
souloho19:
I'm following bro, nice start. School just got interesting indeed hehehe
I am honoured. Thanks a Milli

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by ogyunging(m): 1:39am On Feb 26, 2018
Interesting... *following*

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 7:50am On Feb 26, 2018
ogyunging:
Interesting... *following*
Thank ya. Keep following like that.
Re: Alter Ego by cinoedhunter: 6:46am On Feb 27, 2018
angryno be film be this ? shocked
Re: Alter Ego by 1stladdy(f): 7:13am On Feb 27, 2018
Nice One. I'm Following
Re: Alter Ego by mobimuc9ja(m): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] I'm following the story
Re: Alter Ego by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
Following no go dull this thread with slow updates biko tongue
Re: Alter Ego by alterego17: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hmmmm...just followed
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:30am On Feb 28, 2018
cinoedhunter:
angryno be film be this ? shocked
No sir. Pure imagination. Thank you.
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:30am On Feb 28, 2018
lilkrix:
Following no go dull this thread with slow updates biko tongue
I go try.
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 11:31am On Feb 28, 2018
alterego17:
Hmmmm...just followed
Keep following.
Re: Alter Ego by Emeralddan(f): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
these looks promising.

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Chapter 3
MYSTERIOUS MISERY

The crowd kept casting pitiful stares at the gore before them. The police tapes around the scene obstructing them from taking a closer look. Everyone in town knew how much the cults and gangs loved to kill their victim; a careless hacking, slashing and sinking of blades in the flesh of their victims leaving quite a mess, but this. This was different. It was a depiction of something dark.
The victim in question was a boy, he was obviously dressed for a party; a black leather jacket over a red vest, shiny black trousers and a red all stars shoe. There was a deep cut on the left side of his head, his mouth was open, and his eyes were open too with flies buzzing around and on them. And there was the creepy thing about this murder, the inscription on the victim's forehead which has never been seen before.
Detective Adebayo stood, gazing intently at the body on the ground before him. He hated the murderer, whoever the person might be from the time he set his eyes on the victim's body on a refuse dump a distance from the school hostels. He was used to cult killings and he solved them without stress but it was clear that this new case might just be stiff-necked. He knew that, but hoped otherwise.

"The people say cult murder and I say the same" Adebayo heard a feminine voice say behind him. Looking behind, he was met by the figure of Pamela Uzor; the forensic scientist attached to him or rather the one he chose after she proven her efficiency beyond measurable doubt in a previous case. Pamela was the perfect definition of a beauty and a brain.

"What have you got, Pam? " Adebayo asked.

"All mutilations made on the body were made using a knife, a small knife and judging from the deep piercing on his head, I can say it was a dagger" she replied handing over a file to the detective.

"Sullivan Umunike Oke, born on the second of January, 1999." Adebayo read out from the file.
Pamela nodded affirmatively and said " He was just nineteen, I feel for his parents"

"Were there witnesses?" Adebayo asked.

"Nop" she replied
"But, there was a girl. She wasn't present at the time of the crime but she was the one who found the body"
"And who is this girl? " the detective inquired.
"His girlfriend" Pamela replied
"where is she?"
"At the office"
"Let's head back there immediately " said Adebayo
"Sir yes sir! " Pamela replied giving the Detective a mock salute making him shake his head. She was one crazy chic.

*****___________*********_______________*****

Favour sat on one of the benches of the school's love garden under a tree. She loved the way the evening breeze brushed her skin making her feel relieved. She was happy and she was grateful to Gid for making it so. Her mother had been comatose some weeks ago courtesy of the seizure she had. The doctors couldn't find a sickness on her and this made her father conclude that it was a spiritual attack. He called his pastor and together they prayed for his wife. Her mother didn't come to and her father persuaded her to go to school, which she did reluctantly. And then she met the guy. That guy. His name was Matthew, the guy she met one her first day in class. He made subtle jokes and loud commentaries that made the class roar in laughter. She couldn't stop herself from laughing too, he was just hilarious and soon they became friends, good friends or so she thought. He had told her that her mother will be fine and surprisingly, her mom is currently sound. Maybe her father's prayers worked or maybe it was Matthew's words that did the magic, she couldn't say.

"Ice cream? " a male's baritone voice snapped her back to reality.
She looked up to see Matthew holding two cones of ice cream.

"It's vanilla, your favorite" he said and she jumped up from the bench like it was hot and grabbed a cone from him making him laugh. She eyed him and began her feast on the ice cream.

"What are you doing here, alone?" Matthew said laying emphasis on the word 'alone'.

"Just observing nature and I was about leaving " Favour answered picking up her bag from the bench.

"Alright then, let me walk you to the gate" he offered
"No wahala, I could use some company" she said and together they walked to the school gate.

"I loved that poetry class we had today" Matthew said.
"Me too" Favour replied "The Lecturer knows how to carry the class along"
"She sure does" Matt said
"Eh hen, did you hear about the body that was found around that Plateau hostel?" Favour asked

"I did o, why will anyone kill someone just like that" Matthew asked rhetorically.

"I really don't know. I even heard he was a student of this school, in 200 level" she replied
"Nawa o. I heard he was killed by cultists" He said
"I don't think so"
"That's how they do nah "
"Don't jump into conclusions yet"
"wetin consign me? their own done too much" Matthew said.
"Do you know that the person in question was actually among the boys that ransacked Oga Titus' logde?" Favour asked
"Ehn! " Matthew said in surprise, stopped in his tracks with his mouth ajar.
"You mean the boys that raped those girls in the logde? " He asked
"Yes, lets go jor" she answered laughing and pulling him along with his mouth still open.

********_______________***--*******______________**********

A14. That was the name of the hostel Matthew stayed. He often wondered why the landlord chose such name to brand his hostel. It sounded lame to him. He got to his room and found it locked, signifying the absence of his cousins. He unlocked the door with his own key and let himself in. He collapsed on the bed, threw his bag to a corner and exhaled. He loved today. Well, his days have been happy and it points down to one person; Favour. He was attracted to her in ways he never imagined. He loved her soothing, soft voice that hits his eardrum like rose petals falling to the ground, her golden skin and her touch. He remembered the day he was consoling her over her mother's condition, he took hold of a hand and he was stuttering from that part of the conversation but later comported himself. Matthew laughed as he reminisced. He stood up from the bed to check himself out in the mirror on the wall opposite the bed as it was his custom to do so.
He got in front of the mirror but something didn't seem right. He stood still trying to ascertain what he beheld in the mirror. And then, the realization hit him like the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. His eyes widened in shock, his body was stiff, and his mouth was dry.
There was a figure in the mirror, it was his reflection. It was sitting on the bed instead of being at the opposite side of the mirror. Matthew looked behind him to see if someone was there on the bed but there was no one and he returned his gaze to the mirror but this time his reflection was in front of him in the mirror then the unimaginable happened.
"Hello Matt, I have waited a long time to meet you" his reflection spoke.
Matthew couldn't believe it, this was too much. He fell to the floor and passed out.
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
Typing is really tiring but make una no vex o. I will try to keep the story running. Thank you for reading. Rational criticism is allowed. Make me better. Ciao.
Re: Alter Ego by souloho19(m): 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Kendrickmykell:
Typing is really tiring but make una no vex o. I will try to keep the story running. Thank you for reading. Rational criticism is allowed. Make me better. Ciao.

Keep it up bro, haven't read the recent updates yet but would definitely say something when I do

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
souloho19:

Keep it up bro, haven't read the recent updates yet but would definitely say something when I do
Thanks brother I'm honoured by your words.

1 Like

Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
CHAPTER 4.

REVELATIONS

"Matthew" the voice sounded like it was a distance away.

"Matthew! " this time it was sharp, precise and close, making Matthew jolt out of his unconscious state. He was breathing fast like an athlete who just completed a hundred meter sprint race.

"Guy, are you OK? " his cousin Victor asked looking confused about his reaction.

"wetin dey chase you for dream? you dey sleep since 4 when I come back reach now way be 7 I come day worry"..
"Bros, na hunger." Matthew said scratching his head.

"Hunger ke?" Victor asked rheterotically.
"Rice way Chika cook day pot na".
"I no check pot" Matthew revealed.
"go chop no off for here" Victor said,sat on the only chair in the room and engaged himself with his phone..

Matthew stood up from the bed and came to face the mirror. It came back to him. The event of that evening. Only that he wasn't so sure now.
"Was it a dream? " he thought
"maybe" .
With that he left to the kitchen.

The End Sars campaign was a popular trend on the media. Nigerians had agreed on the motion that the police force should be reformed into a better one. The movement was a loud one and the Federal government couldn't turn a blind eye on the issue.
.This birthed the Nigerian Crime Investigation Agency, a part of the of the police force where only the best could work to make the country safe.
The NCIA is where Detective Adebayo Enitan worked. Trained at the Police Academy, posted to Kaduna and drafted to Ebonyi as a detective, as a result of his exquisite skills in the field..

.The elevator pinged and opened it's doors to let Adebayo out. He walked with an aura of dignity responding to salutes from the junior officers. He stopped at a door which read "Interrogation room"..
" Evening sir, she is ready" said a junior detective who stood by the door.

"Thank you, Emerald" said Adebayo before letting himself into the room. .
There was a table at the center of the room, two chairs at opposite ends of it and a girl sat on one..
Her eyes were swollen from crying and she was sniffing at intervals.
"Good Evening" Adebayo said while taking the other seat.
"Good evening,sir" the girl replied.
"I understand that you're not in a very good shape but I have some questions for you to answer and we will be done in no time. Are we good? " .

"yes" she replied.

"OK then. What's your name? " asked Adebayo.

"Magret, but everyone calls me Maggie " she said

"Who was Sullivan to you? ".

"He was my boyfriend"

"Was he in a fracas with anyone before he died? "

"I really do not know but he once said that his friend Big G was not happy with him for not relating withyy him or the gang anymore"
"So sullivan was a former gang member?" Adebayo asked taking out a pen and a note to scribble on it.
"Yes" Maggie replied
"What gang? "

" The Doms" she revealed
"How did you find Sullivan's body? " the detective asked.
"He planned a night out for us. I was getting ready when he called to tell me that he was on his way to my hostel. I waited for him but the never came. I tried his phone a few times, he wasn't picking so I slept off. Early this morning by 6:00 am, I wanted to go to his hostel which wasn't far, to know why he didn't come as promised only for me to get to the dump before his street and see his cold body lying on the ground. I alerted the neighborhood and a call was put to the police who came to take me away from the scene and taped the scene. I can't still believe that he is gone" by now Maggie was already crying again with her face in her palms..

.The detective stood up, putting his note and pen in his pocket..

"Am sorry for your loss Maggie, it could have been anyone " he said before exiting the room leaving a weeping Maggie behind.
"Emerald? " Adebayo called the detective who stood by the door.
"Sir" he answered

"Make sure that she gets home safe. More importantly, I want you to round up squad and keep tabs on this guy, Big G and everyone he hangs out with. Bring them in when you can, that's our lead" Said Adebayo.

"Yes sir. " the junior detective replied and made his way into the interrogation room.
"Time for a drink" Adebayo said to himself before turning towards the Elevator.
"Not so fast ,officer" said a feminine voice behind him.
"Pam?" he said turning around to meet her.
"yours truly" she replied

"What do have for me? Dinner at your place? " he said with a smirk.

"Come off it detective am getting married" she said smiling at him. .
Adebayo's heart sank..
"Someone wants to see you" she said quickly.
"he claims to know what happened because its related to a case he has been working on"
"Who is this guy? " asked Adebayo.
"He is a Pastor. He was a classmate of mine in high school" Pam replied.

"Wow. And you guys have been in touch since then? "
"Yes" she replied with a giggle
"How is that possible? " He asked.
"let's say, we had history" she said..

"OK, let's go" said the detective and they walked towards the elevator.
"I forgot to ask, where is this Pastor? " asked Adebayo while the elevator's doors opened to let them in.
"Enugu" Pam said smiling knowingly, Adebayo's jaw dropped and the Elevator closed.

......to be continued...... shortly...
Re: Alter Ego by Dranoid: 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Welcome back

Still following

Bro, I fear this your 'shortly' oooo.

Looking at the time stamps, I hope you will not take another sabbatical again
Re: Alter Ego by Kendrickmykell(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2018
Dranoid:
Welcome back

Still following

Bro, I fear this your 'shortly' oooo.

Looking at the time stamps, I hope you will not take another sabbatical again

My bro you no go just vex abeg.
Balancing my schedule is tough, but I'm back now. frequent updates in sight. I hope you get glued to my page. lol.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / My Father My Worst Enemy / The Bright Night..!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.