Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How To Learn Any Programming Language Quickly - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Learn Any Programming Language Quickly (1154 Views)

Request For Any Programming Courses Let Me Provide Them For Yu / The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? / Learn Any Programming Language At Your Convenient Time- Beginner To Advance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Learn Any Programming Language Quickly by orcl200(m): 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
A lot of programming newbies are faced with the common question (which language do i learn first and how do i start). base on many years of programming, i will suggest you figure out your area of specialization, I mean, are you interested in web app, desktop app, mobile app, game, hardware embedded programs and so on. your answer will determine which programming language to learn, because each programming language has their strength and weakness, therefore you must select a programming language that has the full capacity to handle your choice of application.

Note: because all programming languages have some features like (variable, operator, statement, condition, loops etc ) in common steps listed below may be helpful:

1. Learn Language basics
a. Variable type
b. Operators
c. Basic input and output
d. Basic program structure

2. Learn data structure / containers
a. Dictionary
b. Set
c. List
d. Array

3. Learn basic file I/O
a. How to read a file in
b. How to write a file out
c. This goes from simple reading of a text file to database

4. Learn some basic Networking with your language
a. Making HTTP requests with your language
i. learn how to GET, POST, DELETE e.t.c
ii. how to set your requests properly
iii. how to handle responses and status codes.
b. Learn some SOCKET programming in your language.

5. Learn Object Oriented / Functional programming paradigm tools
a. For Object Oriented, you need to learn how to use CLASSES, INHERITANCE, POLYMORPHISM e.t.c
b. For Functional programming, you need to learn how your language uses BLOCKS or LAMBDAS, how function pointers or callback works.

6. Learn how to build project in your language
a. e.g in C++ you'll have to learn how to build static libraries, shared libraries, how o link your applications properly.

7. Learn Extra goodies in any language of your choice
a. e.g Ruby has a lot of cool methods on enumerated types, JAVA has a lot of libraries to make your life easy e.t.c

Breaking down your learning this way will aid your focus and concentration.
Welcome to the world of programming.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Website Designer & Developer!! / Why Do Topics From The Programming Section Never Make FP??? / C++ Coding: Manipulating The Good Ole Rule Of Three.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.