Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? (623 Views)

How To Pray—is The Lord’s Prayer The Best Way? / Is Is Reciting The Lord’s Prayer The Only Way To Pray? / Is Prayer Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
I'm not exactly religious neither do I go to the church as often as my parents would like. I'm pained everytime people pray for Nigeria. It's like praying for your TV remote to work knowing there's no battery inside.

I was born into the Catholic faith and as far as I can remember there are two specific prayers we pray for this nation at mass;

1. Prayer for Nigeria in distress
All powerful and merciful Father, You are the God of
Justice, Love and Peace. You rule over all the Nations
on earth. Power and Might are in Your hands and No
one can withstand You.
We present Our country Nigeria before You. We praise
and thank You for You are the source of all We have
and are. We are sorry for all the sins We have
committed and for the good deeds We failed to do. In
Your Loving forgiveness, keep Us safe from the
punishments We deserve. Lord, We are weighed down
not only by uncertainties, but also by moral, economic
and political problems.
Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn
to you. God of infinite goodness, Our strength in
adversity, Our health in weakness, Our comfort in
sorrow, Be merciful to Us Your people. Spare this
Nation Nigeria from chaos, anarchy and doom. Bless
Us with your kingdom of Justice, Love and Peace.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

2. Prayer against Bribery and Corruption
Father in heaven, you always provide for all your creatures, so that all may live as you have willed. You have blessed our country Nigeria with rich human and natural resources to be used in your honor and glory and for the well being of every Nigerian.

We are deeply sorry for the wrong use of these your gifts and blessings through acts of injustice, bribery and corruption, as a result of which our people are hungry, sick, ignorant, and defenseless. Father, you alone can heal us and our nation of this sickness.

We beg you to touch our lives and the lives of our leaders, so that we may all realize the evil of bribery and corruption and work hard to eliminate it. Raise up for us God-fearing people and leaders who care for us and who will lead us in the path of peace, prosperity and progress. We ask this through Jesus Christ our
Lord. Amen.

I know these prayers by heart and so do millions of Nigerian catholic faithfuls. I have therefore come to the conclusion that prayers cannot solve Nigeria's problems. Pray for yourself and your family.
Re: Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by DivinelyBlessed: 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Pastors and so called men of God have squeezed the Nigerian people's head

1 Like

Re: Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by dingbang(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
Going to vote for the right candidate without favor is

1 Like

Re: Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
NO!!!
Prayer won't do a thing for our god-forsaken country.

1 Like

Re: Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by soliq55(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
No. Prayer isn't the solution for our country, better governance, organization, transparency accountability and stewardship are.

If prayer is the cure for Nigeria, the country would be better by now. Albert Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting is different results.

2 Likes

Re: Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by liverpoolfc4life(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2022
Prayers and sabotage cannot work
Re: Is Prayer The Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Everyone practicing The Ten Commandments will change Nigeria for the better.

(1) (Reply)

How To Conquer Controlling Powers, Part 2 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/05/18 / Watch Ada Ehi's New & Official Video For "Cheta", Download Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.