Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things (28028 Views)

If You Want To Be Successful Financially, Avoid These Things / Lady Lists Her Achievements After Leaving Medical School At 28 Years / 7 Things You Should Stop Doing When You Are Broke (don't Have Money) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by RegalLady: 11:31am On Feb 26, 2018
[img]https://3.bp..com/-Cjr9pa4nneQ/WpPgkC7-U0I/AAAAAAAAAPo/oovs7eo43nk43VLrtzHDE9rV7MkmDK4CQCLcBGAs/s1600/stop-doing-that-nigeria.png[/img]

As we approach the new month that marks the first quarter of the year, it important that you review how you’ve fared in the first two months of the year. Nigeria Online Business has put together a few tips on things you should to stop doing this year if you really want a fabulous year. We hope you learn (or you’re reminded) of these things.

Stop procrastinating
Do you remember how you were full of hopes as 2017 drew to a close and 2018 came into view? What about all the plans you had for the New Year and how you were excited about the possibilities that lie ahead of you?

The much talked about 2018 is here and it’s already moving swiftly. In a matter of days, one-sixth of the year would be gone. Stop pushing your dreams into the future. What is it that you have planned to achieve? Remind yourself that you need to start working towards them. Do you want to apply for a professional course? Are you planning to start a new business or learn new skills? There’s no better time to begin than now. Just quit procrastinating already!

Stop complaining about your life

Let’s face it: life is full of problems. We all have problems; they may just be in different phases and sizes. Complaining is like a natural programming of, we, Nigerians as we tend to complain about everything. We believe that life has been unfair to us and therefore hold it as our right to vent.

Nobody is against you venting your frustrations but the burning question is: “when you’re done complaining, does anything change?” Your answer is a good one.

Ponder on this for a second: if you can change something about your life, why complain about it? On the other hand, if you can’t change something about your life, why complain about it? You should really channel the energy you use in complaining into something more productive. Complaining doesn’t automatically result in a change in experience.

Stop expecting people to help

You’re on your own; stop expecting someone to share the responsibility for your life. People are content with carrying the load of their responsibilities and don’t need to add your luggage to theirs.

You must remember that you’re absolutely responsible for your life. If it would be or not; it’s entirely up to you. That family member that you think has the power to make you smile; that long time friend you believe should remember your friendship now that fortune has smiled on him; forget them both and move on.

As a poet once said which former American President re-echoed in his speech, “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for and there’s no one else coming.” Face your life and hustle till you succeed. Nothing feels better than a success well deserved.

Stop wasting your time on social media

We spend too much time on the social media. It has effectively created a way not just to be a part of our day but also to become an addiction.

In a world where there are many social media platforms, it’s easy to get carried away and waste so much time on them. The average individual is on at least three social media platforms and two instant messaging platforms. If that individual spends one hour each on these platforms, that would equal 5 productive hours gulped down by his favourite platforms.

Those 5 hours can fetch you extra income if you decided to learn a new business model. It can help you get a better job if you spent it hunting. It can help you become a better person if you spent it acquiring new skills. It can help you expand your influence if you spent it forming new relationships. Stop wasting so much time on the social media.

Stop missing opportunities

In as much as we often crave for opportunities, the sad thing is that we often miss them.

Missing an opportunity does not only mean refusal to act; it also means...

More: http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/02/do-you-want-fantastic-achievements-this.html

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by adekhingz(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
True. You are right.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by timmydahpeace(f): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Well
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Good thread......

Procrastination : The thief of time!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by olak4gold(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Good
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by xtophy(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Do all those without money... all na wash...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by SirKriz(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
OP, you are on point. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Mzperry(f): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by dimexy247(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jeez! I almost made ftc today but thanks to my messed up network.

I know all these before. Next?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Akalia(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by sustainus(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
nice one
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
grin
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Claumy2(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
E don teeh wey I read this kind thing from nairaland..

Good post..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by adekhingz(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
xtophy:
Do all those without money... all na wash...

TAke this and go make the money. REceive it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Partaker(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hmmm! Nice One, But That Of Social Media Though, Can't Just Do Without It

1 Like

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by phoromighty(m): 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
in summary
Stop Negativity...they r up to 200,000,000+ things to stop
that's all

1 Like

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by phoromighty(m): 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
in summary
Stop Negativity...they r up to 200,000,000+ things to stop
that's all
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Godsplan1: 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Wasting time on social media??

U know How much ge boys don make??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by SooCute(m): 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
I dont really know how to talk to some fokks.....especially ladies (my babe)...

Social networks have stolen priceless valuables from people...TIME!

Infact its a reflex action these days!
I am never against it but the rate they indulge in it as if life depends on it is crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Achillesdam500(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Op but nobody is lazy if opportunities are enormous
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by doingood: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
What about masturbation

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by midehi2(f): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
yea but not too correct
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by dheolexaone(f): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Nice one OP.

God bless u
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by engrjacuzzi: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
very true....
every time I make use of the word "I go.. " I end up doing nothing. procrastination is bad.
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Kylekent59: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Especially

Stop expecting people to help you.
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
All true
Re: Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things by Kylekent59: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ekasco1:
Most importantly STOP PLAYING BET9JA if you want to succeed

But that 19 years old boy who won 80 million is better than you.

When it comes to gaming leave people alone

The angle at which you see life is different from the angle at which others see it also.

This is 9 and someone else is seeing it as 6

This is M and someone else is seeing it as W.

Use wisdom if you understand what I have written above

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See An Unimaginable Way A School Teacher Gets Additional Income. / Young Lady Celebrates Her Barrister Father After Being Called To Bar. Photos / My Horrible Experience At A Military Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.