Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

This Man Scammed Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Man Scammed Me (5143 Views)

A Nairalander Just Scammed Me / Mobilecart34 Scammed Me 60k / I Just Got Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Man Scammed Me by Kunbolmay: 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
I met this man who claimed to sell data at cheap prices in a BBN group on WhatsApp. I then sent him a message telling him I needed data of 14GB for 3k and 1.5GB for N700.

I paid a total amount of N3,700 to him with the bank details 7782811162 diamond bank ADEKUNLE JOHN.

He confirmed that he saw the credit alert of my payment to him but failed to credit my numbers with the agreed data. He claimed the network was bad that's why he couldn't do so. I made the payment on Saturday and he blocked me on sunday after a long fruitless chat with him asking him to at least refund my money.

These are screenshots of our chat. Beware of this scammer.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Kunbolmay: 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
The scammer's face. Cc lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Ekiseme(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
Shịt happens, move on

Next time look for more reliable guys here.

And how are you sure that's his picture? No go pour sand for another person garri o.

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by crestedaguiyi: 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
HAHAHAHAHAH

okainye arurala , see his face

pls, continue to share this pix until he cries for help

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by 1zynnvn(m): 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
lol, you want to buy 14 gig with 3k abi( MTN for that matter), thunda faya you and your scammer friend there

and by the way that's probably not the scammer's picture, which scammer will use his real picture to scam people, except all those small Yoruba codeine newbie scammers aka work spoilers grin grin

17 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by MrBONE2(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
The Oups Hayyaf fall for cheap scam like a little sisi grin

2 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by KendrickAyomide: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
hahahahahaha... Na your greed kill you

3 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
14GB for 3k and you believe it. which means you can as well believe that earthworm swallowed 36million naira

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Forceup(f): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
Haba, 14Gb for 3k??

Fear God na..

All these scammers leverage on the greed of Nigerians..

I buy data from some persons on nl here and they deliver..

Sorry for your loss sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man Scammed Me by bedspread: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
14GB WITH 3k? BROSSSS IT IS NOT FAIR NA......... you wan Crash Mtn

6 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Goodnuel: 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
Don't fall for scammers, use reliable reseller... 14Gb for just 3k is way too cheap.. Don't let the greed pull you next time.

BTW, you can use us next time.. We r reliable..

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by OneCorner: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
which man?
Re: This Man Scammed Me by youngsahito(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
greedy fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man Scammed Me by ibnquasale(m): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
We have a long way to go in this country.

Had a similar case onr time like that, called GTbank to reversed the transaction since its an "in-house" transaction, but they said I should beg the person to send the fund back to me. I felt so bad because the bank said they can't and won't do anything despite the fact that they have all the details of the scammer.

Aint we running institutions that are encouraging scamming?

3 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Uyi168: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
1zynnvn:
lol, you want to buy 14 gig with 3k abi( MTN for that matter), thunda faya you and your scammer friend there

and by the way that's probably not the scammer's picture, which scammer will use his real picture to scam people, except all those small Yoruba codeine newbie scammers aka work spoilers grin grin
..Too much sense will nt kee u

2 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Goodnuel: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
ibnquasale:

Had a similar case onr time like that, called GTbank to reversed the transaction since its an "in-house" transaction, but they said I should beg the person to send the fund back to me. I felt so bad because the bank said they can't and won't do anything despite the fact that they have all the details of the scammer.

I don't think the bank has the right to do that, you just accused him, they don't know if it's true or not.. I think you first have to go to the police and lodge a complaint first before the bank can freeze the account...

6 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by obi4eze(m): 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
grin grin grin Imagine...
14G for 3K

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by ibnquasale(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
Goodnuel:
I don't think the bank has the right to do that, you just accused him, they don't know if it's true or not.. I think you first have to go to the police and lodge a complaint first before the bank can freeze the account...

I sent money through my bank account to the person, and within 30 minutes, I complained that the transaction was fraudulent, and they said they can't do anything.... What's difficult is blocking the fund? The same thing I asked the CS guy, and he said I should fill a form, etc. Mind you I made the call around 11pm on a Sunday...

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by RomanReigns: 1:27am On Feb 27, 2018
Can you imagine. 14gb for 3k? Not even GLO the grand masters of iddiotic data can give such offer!

OP, I have an MTN Mast for sale. 7k.

It will power your whole village and street. I know you must be an aboki. Once you buy the mast from me, your whole street will nickname you Ranka Dede Data!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Goodnuel: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2018
ibnquasale:

I sent money through my bank account to the person, and within 30 minutes, I complained that the transaction was fraudulent, and they said they can't do anything.... What's difficult is blocking the fund? The same thing I asked the CS guy, and he said I should fill a form, etc. Mind you I made the call around 11pm on a Sunday...
It's what am saying too... Say they did block the fund because you said so, it therefore means that anyone can block anyone's funds at will.. Like I can pay you for a service and then turn around to tell my bank its fraudulent without any proof, then they just block your funds, just like that?? I think there are processes to follow, and this involves two persons, only you can't have the say..

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Emily22(m): 9:49am On Feb 27, 2018
Awoof dey run belle cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by odysey: 10:14am On Feb 27, 2018
Kunbolmay:
I met this man who claimed to sell data at cheap prices in a BBN group on WhatsApp. I then sent him a message telling him I needed data of 14GB for 3k and 1.5GB for N700.

I paid a total amount of N3,700 to him with the bank details 7782811162 diamond bank ADEKUNLE JOHN.

He confirmed that he saw the credit alert of my payment to him but failed to credit my numbers with the agreed data. He claimed the network was bad that's why he couldn't do so. I made the payment on Saturday and he blocked me on sunday after a long fruitless chat with him asking him to at least refund my money.

These are screenshots of our chat. Beware of this scammer.

don't let it go

email the Cpc or efcc

he'll be compelled to pay back, his account blocked and may serve jail time. At no cost they'll take up the matter especially Cpc just keep the whats app discussion and pop handy.

Leaving him be encourages him to continue.

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by Kygoo(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2018
shocked

14GB for 3K? You wan scam MTN, scammer wan scam you

As Vector said, scam is scamming the scam nowadays

3 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by odysey: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2018
ibnquasale:

The bank is not authorized by law to reverse transactions that's where icpc efcc etc comes in

3 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by 1zynnvn(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2018
Uyi168:
..Too much sense will nt kee u

Asin eeh my brain sef dey pain me
Re: This Man Scammed Me by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 27, 2018
You're the thief not the seller because a person in his or her right senses knows you can't get 14gb for 3k.

3 Likes

Re: This Man Scammed Me by kevoh(m): 11:35am On Feb 27, 2018
Fine the OP goofed but why is the attention still on him and not the scammer? Anyone can be scammed even the smartest of us!

Kunbolmay, have you raised the alarm in that BBN group? This is necessary to prevent more people in the group being scammed.

Kindly, drop his full number so I can add him to my scammers list on my fone, the one in the picture is not complete.

1 Like

Re: This Man Scammed Me by ibnquasale(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
Goodnuel:

Well, regulation like this tend to encourage people to scam. We tend to like unnecessary bureaucracy. How you ever used paypal or other abroad based payment system? The more reason why they are still very much relevant... and are having issues given naija full access to their services
Re: This Man Scammed Me by Uyi168: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
1zynnvn:

Asin eeh my brain sef dey pain me
Oil dy ur head

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Camon CX Vs Iphone 6 Plus: Camera Comparison / What Happen To Mtn Data4me / Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung Galaxy S8+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.