Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,176 members, 7,864,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

From Homeless To Celebrity PR Agent In Just Two Years: The Kiki Ayers Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / From Homeless To Celebrity PR Agent In Just Two Years: The Kiki Ayers Story (533 Views)

"From Homeless Boy To House Owner" - Bisi Alimi & Husband Get 2nd London Home / Viral Photo Turns 13-year-old Beggar To Celebrity / Apostle Suleman Finally Rescues Nollywood Actor, Lari Williams From Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Homeless To Celebrity PR Agent In Just Two Years: The Kiki Ayers Story by Stacyskills: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
For a few months in early 2016, Kiki Ayers had nowhere to live. The first-generation college graduate decided to take charge of her destiny, launching her own PR business from the bathroom of the hotel lobby where she was sleeping at the time. Six months later and without a support team, she had built Ayers Publicity into a six-figure company. Two years later, Ayers has done events for Russell Simmons, Sean "Diddy" Combs and Jamie Foxx, while her client list includes Haha Davis and Robert Riley. Ayers herself has appeared on the cover of The Connect Magazine and been featured in Black Enterprise, The Source, Life of Currencyand The Huffington Post.

“I’m defined by my life purpose,” Ayers says. “I genuinely love to help people. With PR, I can help the most overlooked, talented and hardworking people get the recognition they deserve. So many women in all industries don’t get the credit they should, and so many people of color don’t get their stories told in prestigious publications. I take pride in changing that.”

At the age of 16, Ayers was homeless, living in the family car with her mother, brother and sister. Yet in spite of her difficult circumstances, she enrolled in college as a first-generation student and later transferred to Howard University. While there, she was inspired by many amazing guest speakers, above all the entrepreneurs. But at the time, Ayers only wanted to work in the entertainment industry on the production side of things.

Once Ayers graduated, she took jobs at BET, MTV, BBC and with Sean “Diddy” Combs. But she felt uninspired. Each job was the same. “My imagination wasn’t matching the reality, so I lacked inner peace,” Ayers says. “Working for someone else wasn’t for me because though I had a nice income, I didn’t have freedom. If your work is your life and you hate your work, then you essentially hate your life.”
She left her job and became homeless, going from an apartment in a high-rise loft to sleeping in hostels and on friends’ couches. One night when she had no money and nowhere to stay, Ayers ended up in a hotel lobby. But instead of checking in, she walked into the bathroom – and spent the night on the floor.
“I kept thinking to myself, ‘How did I get here?’ Then I asked myself, ‘What can I do to make money while still doing what I love?’” Ayers says. “That’s when I got the idea and, more importantly, the motivation to start Ayers Publicity. You’d be surprised at what you can accomplish even when you have nothing to begin with.

There's no limit to what you can achieve. For more latest Gists and Motivations visit, www.skillsgists..com.ng.
Re: From Homeless To Celebrity PR Agent In Just Two Years: The Kiki Ayers Story by Stacyskills: 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
just keep moving
Re: From Homeless To Celebrity PR Agent In Just Two Years: The Kiki Ayers Story by Stacyskills: 1:21am On Feb 27, 2018
motivate!!!
Re: From Homeless To Celebrity PR Agent In Just Two Years: The Kiki Ayers Story by Stacyskills: 12:23am On Feb 28, 2018
Motivation!!

(1) (Reply)

Pink-haired Kim And Kourtney Kardashian Hits Japan / Sexual Activity In The #bbnaija House, Setting A Bad Example Or Keeping It Real? / Tobi Begs Big Brother To Give Cee-c A Box Chocolate #bbnaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.