Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? (2277 Views)

Iphone 11 Vs Iphone Xs Max: Which Offers More Value For Money? / Here Comes The Realme 9 5G In Europe, Know It’s Value/worth Now / Help, My Infinix Hot 8 Lite Is Acting Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,

Again, I'm here to seek comments before embarking on "Huawei Mate 10 Lite" adventure.
I have checked some reviews online and not sure if I am missing something.

Would appreciate your inputs (alternatives/pros&cons/...) before purchasing it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by fibonacci2526: 6:07am On Feb 27, 2018
GbengaOGA:
Hi Nairalanders,

Again, I'm here to seek comments before embarking on "Huawei Mate 10 Lite" adventure.
I have checked some reviews online and not sure if I am missing something.

Would appreciate your inputs (alternatives/pros&cons/...) before purchasing it.

Thanks in advance.

Why not take a look at the huawei honor 7x, same chipset and enjoy so many XDA support already except you are after the band 28 in the mate 10 lite.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Why not take a look at the huawei honor 7x, same chipset and enjoy so many XDA support already except you are after the band 28 in the mate 10 lite.

Thank you for your recommendation. I have checked both gadgets and below are the few points that discovered:

* Honor's 2nd camera is only 8MP compare to 13MP in MATE 10 Lite
* Honor has no usb on-the-go
* There is no Document editor in Honor, only document viewer
* I bet you agree that the band may be handy for faster internet
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by fibonacci2526: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Thank you for your recommendation. I have checked both gadgets and below are the few points that discovered:

It does support OTG, this is basic standard in most phones these days, you are really nitpicking re the document editor. Yes the band is good if Glo 4G is great in your Area. Have you been to YouTube to watch the selfie camera comparison between both? It is not about the numbers of MP most times, sensor and aperture play a great role.

3 Likes

Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by MarkWayne89: 11:07am On Feb 27, 2018
This is a great phone bro!

I have tested several Huawei phones and they work great. I must say they are the best phones after Samsung.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
MarkWayne89:
This is a great phone bro!

I have tested several Huawei phones and they work great. I must say they are the best phones after Samsung.

Since you said "after" Samsung, do you mean Samsung is better? Anyway, I am not a fan of Samsung owing to the fact that I once worked with LG Electronics in Nigeria smiley
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
fibonacci2526:

It does support OTG, this is basic standard in most phones these days, you are really nitpicking re the document editor. Yes the band is good if Glo 4G is great in your Area. Have you been to YouTube to watch the selfie camera comparison between both? It is not about the numbers of MP most times, sensor and aperture play a great role.

Well, for the band, it's no problem here as I live and work in Dubai.
Today, an Indian colleague informed me that the security level in Huawei is quite low compared to Samsung. I don't know how true that it is because they are both androids and prone to same categories of bugs.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by fibonacci2526: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Well, for the band, it's no problem here as I live and work in Dubai.
Today, an Indian colleague informed me that the security level in Huawei is quite low compared to Samsung. I don't know how true that it is because they are both androids and prone to same categories of bugs.

What does he mean by security level? They aren't cloud eccentric and does he mean security patches? In terms of security, you should be looking at Xiaomi as they have cloud services.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by henry007(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Download 3rd party apps for editing your docs.

1 Like

Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
fibonacci2526:

What does he mean by security level? They aren't cloud eccentric and does he mean security patches? In terms of security, you should be looking at Xiaomi as they have cloud services.

Huawei can easily be hacked, he said. I did not agree with him though.
Xiaomi? From which country? Never gave that a thought as I am a bit brand conscious... lol. Will check out some Xiaomi models and see.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
henry007:

Download 3rd party apps for editing your docs.

Trust me, this is one way to make your device vulnerable to attacks, I'm kinda skeptical on downloading stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by fibonacci2526: 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Huawei can easily be hacked, he said. I did not agree with him though.
Xiaomi? From which country? Never gave that a thought as I am a bit brand conscious... lol. Will check out some Xiaomi models and see.

Are you just hearing about Xiaomi? One of the biggest phone brands in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by charlesm91(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2018
I use a Huawei p10 lite. Great phone, smooth multitasking and after over 6 months, no lags or slow downs. Only their gpu which seems to be a let down for gaming freaks. The android skin overlay isn't to everyones taste but aside that it's a great phone. Huawei devices to me is second only to Samsung in the android world. Keeping an eye for HMD'S NOKIA resurgence.

1 Like

Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by MarkWayne89: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Since you said "after" Samsung, do you mean Samsung is better? Anyway, I am not a fan of Samsung owing to the fact that I once worked with LG Electronics in Nigeria smiley

smiley nice one. Wel, I think Samsung has some of the best smartphones at the moment. I mean, they have so many devices and models that it's a probability that some of them are actually good ones smiley
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Are you just hearing about Xiaomi? One of the biggest phone brands in the world.

Not just hearing about it but it's not popular in the market
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
charlesm91:
I use a Huawei p10 lite. Great phone, smooth multitasking and after over 6 months, no lags or slow downs. Only their gpu which seems to be a let down for gaming freaks. The android skin overlay isn't to everyones taste but aside that it's a great phone. Huawei devices to me is second only to Samsung in the android world. Keeping an eye for HMD'S NOKIA resurgence.

Thanks for sharing your experience
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
MarkWayne89:

smiley nice one. Wel, I think Samsung has some of the best smartphones at the moment. I mean, they have so many devices and models that it's a probability that some of them are actually good ones smiley

What would you say about Huawei phones, particularly Huawei Mate 10 Lite?
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by fibonacci2526: 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Maybe it isn't over there.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
Today, I purchased my Huawei Mate 10 Lite and hopefully it is value for money.
Thank you guys for your contributions, I do appreciate.
Cheers
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by fibonacci2526: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
GbengaOGA:
Cheers

Nice!
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by encryptjay(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Depends on the market you're talking about.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by sandammy(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
GbengaOGA:
Cheers
price please? Awaiting your personal review
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 4:15am On Mar 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Nice!
Thank you for your invaluable inputs
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 4:18am On Mar 08, 2018
encryptjay:

Depends on the market you're talking about.

Well, you may be right but which market do you think it is popular? Here in Dubai, it is not.
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by GbengaOGA(m): 4:23am On Mar 08, 2018
sandammy:

price please? Awaiting your personal review

Price approximately N117,000.00, though it comes with a gift of Philips hair shaver

First observation is the battery life, not shocked because someone already mentioned it above. lol
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by sandammy(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
GbengaOGA:

Price approximately N117,000.00, though it comes with a gift of Philips hair shaver

First observation is the battery life, not shocked because someone already mentioned it above. lol
N117,000.00? Hmmm...
Re: Going "Huawei Mate 10 Lite", Is It Value For Money? by franicool: 1:42am On Apr 01, 2018
@GbengaOga please where did you get your Huawei phone?

(1) (Reply)

Pix::Iphone SE 2020 / Sapa...sales / Get Blackberry Games, Blackberry Apps, Here Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.