Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Help : I Don't Want To Make Another Career Mistake - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help : I Don't Want To Make Another Career Mistake (626 Views)

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / Career Mistake To Avoid If Your Love Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : I Don't Want To Make Another Career Mistake by lollmaolol(m): 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
Nairalanders,

Good evening to you all.

I'd like to seek your advise. I am currently working with company A, its barely two & half month into the job, I observed an obvious crack in the management's decision. They pay 75k per month. The ogas are extremely rude and they don't give a damn about employees' feeling and suggestions. My term of employment with them is permanent but on 6 months probation.

Dilemma: this other company B interviewed me for a temporary position that will last for 90 days (3 months) @ 75 k per month and i feel like taking it up. They called me to resume for training next week, the job has no guarantee of retention. I'm not sure if i should stay with the known devil or i try out a new angel.

I have made terrible career mistakes in the past when i resigned my job while awaiting an appointment letter. I don't want to fall into another emotional trauma. Kindly advise.
Re: Help : I Don't Want To Make Another Career Mistake by thesicilian: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
The new job doesn't seem to have any added advantages over your current place. If the pay is the same and there's no guarantee of retention after 3 months, please stay where you are and keep looking for a better place.
If your bosses do not care about your feelings and suggestions, swallow them and just do your job.
Either with time they get to value your inputs, or you get a much better job later where you can function at optimal capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Help : I Don't Want To Make Another Career Mistake by lollmaolol(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
thesicilian:
The new job doesn't seem to have any added advantages over your current place. If the pay is the same and there's no guarantee of retention after 3 months, please stay where you are and keep looking for a better place.
If your bosses do not care about your feelings and suggestions, swallow them and just do your job.
Either with time they get to value your inputs, or you get a much better job later where you can function at optimal capacity.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help : I Don't Want To Make Another Career Mistake by kalu61(m): 4:31am On Feb 27, 2018
stick with the former and make them see your value via your input.Just work hard and leave the rest.I'm job hunting,connect me at any opportunity pls

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Digest: What Ten Things Should I Do Everyday To Become Smarter? / 4 Businesses You Can Start With Less Than N5000 That Are Highly Profitable / Are You A Blogger ? Join The Bloggers Forum Lets Change Our Country Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.