Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo (12094 Views)

Rihanna Stuns In Sexy Embellished Bikini For Crop Over Parade In Barbados (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by BajanGoingHome: 1:37pm On May 09, 2018
A lot of ignorance earlier in the thread. Barbados is a majority igbo descent island. Language to certain cultural things point to Igbo. Is the truth now. Trinidad, Grenada, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Dominican republic are examples of Yoruba islands.

1 Like

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Olu317(m): 11:14pm On May 10, 2018
BajanGoingHome:
A lot of ignorance earlier in the thread. Barbados is a majority igbo descent island. Language to certain cultural things point to Igbo. Is the truth now. Trinidad, Grenada, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Dominican republic are examples of Yoruba islands.
You didn't mention Puerto Rico,Brazil,Cuba, Colombia etc ? You Will be amazed reading about the genetic composition of these people.
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by BajanGoingHome: 1:24am On May 11, 2018
Olu317:
You didn't mention Puerto Rico,Brazil,Cuba, Colombia etc ? You Will be amazed reading about the genetic composition of these people.

I mentioned Cuba and Puerto Rico. Latin America is more Yoruba to be more general

1 Like

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Olu317(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2018
BajanGoingHome:

I mentioned Cuba and Puerto Rico. Latin America is more Yoruba to be more general
My mistake on the ones you didn't mention. Great effort .

All the best.
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
Ngozibotic:
As an Nnewi babe....
I am taught to tell the truth
the only carribean country that has Igbos...
Is Haiti... cry cry
The poorest country in the world..
Chukwu Okike Abiama o
No dear, we have Igbos of large stock in the United States of slave arrivals, especially at the Yankee north of Maryland, Virgina, and other states, we also have Haiti yes, and Barbados as said, and a large stock in Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, and also parts of Canada in Nova Scotia.

2 Likes

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by ericuzor(m): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2021
astrodome:
Hehehe! Before you know it Rihanna's grandpa is Igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you very correct Rihanna now claims to be igbo

3 Likes

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by SlayerForever: 9:05am On Aug 13, 2021
Look at how bastards born from a thousand fathers were insulting the Igbo race here. And it finally turns out the op and others who cited similarities were very correct.

Igbo hate is a big problem in Nigeria and I one day hope to return this favour to the other tribes in full measure.

5 Likes

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by SlayerForever: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2021
Lalasticlala. This is connected to the Rihanna claim. FP.

2 Likes

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by obiekunie01: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2021
astrodome:
Hehehe! Before you know it Rihanna's grandpa is Igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Three years later, Prophesy fulfilled.

you too much bros!

But why are afonjas always committing suicide on Igbo matter

We dont give a fuk about them but just mention igbo and they will flock all over like ijiji!

Na waooo!!! angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by bomb24: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2021
SlayerForever:
Look at how bastards born from a thousand fathers were insulting the Igbo race here. And it finally turns out the op and others who cited similarities were very correct.

Igbo hate is a big problem in Nigeria and I one day hope to return this favour to the other tribes in full measure one day.

the alimi slaves are filled with envy and hate but we will continue flogging them until their cone heads takes a perfect shape.
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by victons(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2021
Nowenuse:
Does this mean Rihanna is Igbo? grin
QED
cry
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by King3urna(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2021
Ngozibotic:
As an Nnewi babe....
I am taught to tell the truth
the only carribean country that has Igbos...
Is Haiti... cry cry
The poorest country in the world..
Chukwu Okike Abiama o

Do you know what your saying at all
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Davoneskay(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2021
SlayerForever:

Igbo hate is a big problem in Nigeria and I one day hope to return this favour to the other tribes in full measure one day.

You don't need it. I'm Yoruba but I see myself and others irrespective of race, religion or status as human first. Those who hate on other tribes are mostly mentalily deranged and spiritually not okay. Let love guide you in all your dealings.

2 Likes

Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by chiefobdk(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
astrodome:
as Rihanna don use her mouth confirm she is Igbo. How e dey pain you
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Philipponzaghi: 2:59am On Aug 26, 2021
chiefobdk:
as Rihanna don use her mouth confirm she is Igbo. How e dey pain you

That was fake news debunked.

Rihanna never claimed that.
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Niflheim(m): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
After claiming Jerusalem, Chigozie wants to tell us that Rihanna is Igbo?!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

So desperate and shameless!!!
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by bigcasava1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
heendrix:
and what if it's overwhelmingly igbo is it worth creating a thread for? we all know their duties there either drugs or selling orkirika
like hushipopi
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Originalsly: 1:45am On Jun 11, 2023
Unbelievable! One word used in Barbadian colloquial speech is traced to Igbo origin and OP has concluded that the majority of Barbadians are Igbo. Aren't there other words that can be traced to other tribes?... then what? It is most likely any Barbadian is a mixture of tribes because of the practice of slave owners to mix tribes for security reasons and worse.... slaves were bred like animals. There were studs ... young strong men of "good stock" who were used to impregnate women of "good stock" ... regardless of tribe or relationship... where it was not uncommon for a guy to impregnate his own mother .. (origin of the term [i]mother effer)[/i]. So over the years the purity of the tribes was greatly reduced. Similar to Brazil ... predominantly Black at the end of slavery... and Whites were enticed to come to Brazil from Europe to settle but on the condition that they impregnate the Blacks .... to raise the colour profile of the majority to a lighter shade.

And here we are .... Africans... wondering why we are not "progressing " like other people. How can we when our motto seems to be

Divided we stand united we fall.
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by Probz(m): 5:08am On Sep 20, 2023
astrodome:

He might as well be though.
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by fadal(m): 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
RIHANAS COUNTRY
Re: Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo by goldsmith007: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
Colloquially Barbadians refer to their home island as "Bim" or other nicknames associated with Barbados includes "Bimshire". The origin is uncertain but several theories exist. The National Cultural https://thephysioroom.co/ Foundation of Barbados says that "Bim" was a word commonly used by slaves and that it derives from the Igbo term bém from bé mụ́ meaning 'my home, kindred, kind',[20] the Igbo phoneme /e/ in the Igbo orthography is very close to [ ɪ ].[21] The name could have arisen due to the relatively large percentage of enslaved Igbo people from modern-day southeastern Nigeria arriving in Barbados in the 18th century

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland / Osole Owo Tutu / Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.