Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Sleep Apnea - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Apnea (858 Views)

How To Stop Snoring, Sleep Apnea And Other Sleep Problems / Ways To Overcome Sleep Apnea Issues / CPAP Machine For Management Of Sleep Apnea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Apnea by kassano22(m): 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,
This is mainly for doctors in the house. I was just wondering what is the percentage of Nigerians suffering from sleep apnea in Nigeria? Are there sleep study centers in the country? Is there anyone currently using the sleep apnea machine?
Your contributions would be highly appreciated.
Re: Sleep Apnea by kassano22(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
Na wah ooo so nobody knows anything about sleep apnea?
It's really a silent killer
Re: Sleep Apnea by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
kassano22:
Na wah ooo so nobody knows anything about sleep apnea?
It's really a silent killer

A lot of people don't understand their conditions, people hardly work on themselves. Anyways Sleep deprivation is really troubling, not only does it affect one's health,physiologically we are affected as it affects eating habit, ability to concentrate.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Apnea by kassano22(m): 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
chocberry:

Very true, people need need more awareness on this

A lot of people don't understand their conditions, people hardly work on themselves. Anyways Sleep deprivation is really troubling, not only does it affect one's health,physiologically we are affected as it affects eating habit, ability to concentrate.
Re: Sleep Apnea by oxypress: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
sleep apnea and hbot:
Sheybi you asked for comments from NL doctors? The fact is that all of them are very busy. But they have the knowledge and have written papers on it before. You can find one of them which answers some of your questions here:
www.panafrican-med-journal.com/content/article/11/75/full/

The most important issue is how do you treat them?

There are different ways doctors treat them which includes the breathing machine you wrote about.
But is it effective? May be yes or may be no.

But the main problem is most people will only turn up with the complications of cardiovascular disease, brain damage, neurodegenerative dysorders, psychosocial dysorders or death.
So in the Nigerian environment most of the time we are treating the complications and not the sleep apnea dysorder.

If you really want to treat the sleep paralysis the c-pap device may not be enough. Just add hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot) and you are on your way to total healing and restoration and revitalisation. HBOT increases oxygen concentration in ever organ of the body. It creats a healing effect. It greatly improoves sleep... and many more. To know more about hbot google: 'hbot or hbot and sleep apnea', for the stats you are looking for google: 'sleep apnea nigeria'.
HBOT Providers.
Re: Sleep Apnea by EagleScribes: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
kassano22:
Hello Nairalanders,
This is mainly for doctors in the house. I was just wondering what is the percentage of Nigerians suffering from sleep apnea in Nigeria? Are there sleep study centers in the country? Is there anyone currently using the sleep apnea machine?
Your contributions would be highly appreciated.

A high percentage of Nigerians are suffering from sleep apnea. It is one of the easiest ways to shorten one's life span. Unfortunately, most people don't know about it or rather, they don't really care until it becomes an acute medical condition.

I don't know about the sleep apnea machines, but I know about some items that can be used to bring about effective sleep without side effects
Re: Sleep Apnea by kassano22(m): 3:45am On Mar 09, 2018
Please which items?

A high percentage of Nigerians are suffering from sleep apnea. It is one of the easiest ways to shorten one's life span. Unfortunately, most people don't know about it or rather, they don't really care until it becomes an acute medical condition.

I don't know about the sleep apnea machines, but I know about some items that can be used to bring about effective sleep without side effects [/quote]
Re: Sleep Apnea by EagleScribes: 7:35am On Mar 09, 2018
kassano22:
Please which items?

I don't know about the sleep apnea machines, but I know about some items that can be used to bring about effective sleep without side effects

Natural supplements that enhance quality sleep and without side effects

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Health Benefits Of Cloves / Black Soot In Port Harcourt Is Killing Me Slowly. / 10 Cancer Causing Food You Have To Stop Eating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.