Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly (11684 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / Why Is My Car Radiator Bringing Out Hot Water? / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by AutoJoshNIG: 6:23am On Feb 27, 2018
That very day you purchased your car, it came with a responsibility. This responsibility is taking good care of your car so that it can serve you well.

You don’t have to wait for your car to totally spoil before you repair them. There are a lot of preventive maintenance practices you can take up. This will not only keep your car in good shape, it will as well save you some cash; maintenance cost is reduced.

A lot of people are more conversant with changing the oil, rotating the tyres, and replenishing fluids. There are more to maintenance like taking good care of the radiator. A lot of people don’t know much about radiator upkeep.

This post is to help you take proper care of your car radiator so it would last long and serve its purpose. There are steps you can take to help maintain a properly functioning radiator.

Having the knowledge of what you’re about to read now about radiator can help you save time, money and strength some time in the future.

Before we precede, what of the work of this radiator?
Radiator is a very key component of your car engine cooling system. This system in a whole keeps your engine from overheating. This process prevents internal components from melding together, melting, and above all, causing your car from malfunctioning.

We can say the cooling system of your car engine is very vital because failure to do its work, there might be engine failure. The radiators crucial role within the cooling system is regulating the temperature of the engine. It keeps the car from overheating amongst others.

What can you do to keep your radiator up and running in good shape?

Consider doing these; master these tips:

- Keep the coolant, or radiator fluid, filled at all times. You can as well use this coolant with a 50/50 water mix.
- Always ensure the radiator cap is tight at all time. If it’s not tight, the coolant chamber will not be pressurized as supposed.
- Have your radiator flushed once or twice each year. The frequency of this flushing varies with vehicle. For some cars, annual flushing is okay.

Flushing your radiator gets rid of particle buildup in it and it as well prevents clogging.

When you don’t flush your radiator as recommended, your radiator will start degrading and wearing down the cooling system. This will prevent it from functioning properly.

In a nutshell, don’t neglect the radiator upkeep of your car. It should be among your priorities in your car maintenance.

Did you learn a thing today? Don’t forget to like, rate and share.

https://autojosh.com/pay-attention-radiator-maintain-radiator-properly/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Nutase: 6:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Mo ti gbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by free2ryhme: 6:51am On Feb 27, 2018
AutoJoshNIG:
That very day you purchased your car, it came with a responsibility. This responsibility is taking good care of your car so that it can serve you well.

You don’t have to wait for your car to totally spoil before you repair them. There are a lot of preventive maintenance practices you can take up. This will not only keep your car in good shape, it will as well save you some cash; maintenance cost is reduced.

A lot of people are more conversant with changing the oil, rotating the tyres, and replenishing fluids. There are more to maintenance like taking good care of the radiator. A lot of people don’t know much about radiator upkeep.

This post is to help you take proper care of your car radiator so it would last long and serve its purpose. There are steps you can take to help maintain a properly functioning radiator.

Having the knowledge of what you’re about to read now about radiator can help you save time, money and strength some time in the future.

Radiator is a very key component of your car engine cooling system. This system in a whole keeps your engine from overheating. This process prevents internal components from melding together, melting, and above all, causing your car from malfunctioning.

We can say the cooling system of your car engine is very vital because failure to do its work, there might be engine failure. The radiators crucial role within the cooling system is regulating the temperature of the engine. It keeps the car from overheating amongst others.

- Keep the coolant, or radiator fluid, filled at all times. You can as well use this coolant with a 50/50 water mix.
- Always ensure the radiator cap is tight at all time. If it’s not tight, the coolant chamber will not be pressurized as supposed.
- Have your radiator flushed once or twice each year. The frequency of this flushing varies with vehicle. For some cars, annual flushing is okay.

Flushing your radiator gets rid of particle buildup in it and it as well prevents clogging.

When you don’t flush your radiator as recommended, your radiator will start degrading and wearing down the cooling system. This will prevent it from functioning properly.

In a nutshell, don’t neglect the radiator upkeep of your car. It should be among your priorities in your car maintenance.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

use better coolant that is all
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Spartanville(m): 6:51am On Feb 27, 2018
Good to know
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by handsomeyinka(m): 6:51am On Feb 27, 2018
I wonder when last those oshodi buses have flushed their radiators...Those vehicles strong die..

5 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by SoftP(m): 6:51am On Feb 27, 2018
Some local technicians will tell you, coolant is not used here in this part of the world" they advice u use water. Can someone pls explain better to me !

4 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Sweetcollins: 6:52am On Feb 27, 2018
Informative

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by cooldipo(m): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2018
Autojosh Mr Sabi grin

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by cinoedhunter: 6:55am On Feb 27, 2018
Flushing things abi .....

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by shortgun(m): 6:59am On Feb 27, 2018
most coolant in the market is nothing but water mixed with color, you buy color thinking its coolant and end up damaging ur car.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Turks: 7:01am On Feb 27, 2018
Good read. Another good one from autojosh

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Vicben(m): 7:04am On Feb 27, 2018
Noted

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by kingzjay(m): 7:13am On Feb 27, 2018
Quite informative!

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Platinumay(m): 7:16am On Feb 27, 2018
Good lessons here, did a terrible mistake few weeks ago, didn't know my radiator cover wasn't in place the last time I put water in the radiator, it was sitting on top of the engine while the radiator remain uncovered, the water signal on the dashboard was showing low water level, I neglected it thinking I still put water recently, I drove it like that from ajah to ikeja and got the gasket burnt, they change gasket it didn't still work, water keeps entering the engine, I had to replace a complete engine. I have spent over 200k, the car is still with the mechanic as am typing this. If I had just opened the bonnet and checked, I would have saved my self all this wahala. Let's be observant of our cars pls.

12 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by shortgun(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2018
Platinumay:
Good lessons here, did a terrible mistake few weeks ago, didn't know my radiator cover wasn't in place the last time I put water in the radiator, it was sitting on top of the engine while the radiator remain uncovered, the water signal on the dashboard was showing low water level, I neglected it thinking I still put water recently, I drove it like that from ajah to ikeja and got the gasket burnt, they change gasket it didn't still work, water keeps entering the engine, I had to replace a complete engine. I have spent over 200k, the car is still with the mechanic as am typing this. If I had just opened the bonnet and checked, I would have saved my self all this wahala. Let's be observant of our cars pls.
people like u should not own a car, you are careless. How can u ignore warning lights?
I feel like punching u right now.

7 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by femi4: 7:32am On Feb 27, 2018
SoftP:
Some local technicians will tell you, coolant is not used here in this part of the world" they advice u use water. Can someone pls explain better to me !
Coolant contains antifreeze and since we don't have freezing condition in this part of the world, they ll tell you that you don't need it.

But coolant also contain antitrust, to save your radiator from getting rusty, you need a coolant

6 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by femi4: 7:36am On Feb 27, 2018
Platinumay:
Guy, no near car again

4 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 27, 2018
shortgun:

people like u should not own a car, you are careless. How can u ignore warning lights?k
I feel like punching u right now.
His car has already punched him 200k grin

5 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 27, 2018
femi4:
Guy, no near car again

LOL
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Dottore: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by fergieboy: 8:07am On Feb 27, 2018
grin
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by RealGucci: 8:07am On Feb 27, 2018
baba i dey refil
tho i feel ssy e dey leak
but coolant.
nanababa.
make ai go dey pour soap with acid and colour say na coolant.
too many fake coolants
fake batteries
fake engile oils
wtf
anything wey not be follow come baba na spoil.
coolant go cool all your funds .
dagbo don too many
everything in dis shiithoole is fakke.
u buy engine oil in the day
it turns grease at night
knockin my gen .
inverter blows my phone chargers
wen nepa comes its between 1hp to below
if i no get stab u go swear for dem.
then by month end
they say my bill is 30k
ac wey i get i no fit use am well.
men shiiithoole men

4 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Dottore: 8:16am On Feb 27, 2018
Platinumay:

Which one be water signal again. Can u take a photo of the device or the car abeg. What's the name of the car. Do you really have a car or did u just make up this story.

I only know of Engine Temperature gauge. Radiator doesn't have a gasket the top cylinder of the engine does. If the top cylinder is bad you can replace it without necessarily replacing the whole engine.

Reminds me of someone who said his car is Toyota Xtrail Limited and is 4wheel drive. Another argued that all SUVs that are manual transmission are 4wheel drive while the ones that are automatic are front wheel Drive. Of course they both have powerful SUV and talking from experience.

Nairalanders sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by shortgun(m): 9:31am On Feb 27, 2018
Dottore:

Which one be water signal again. Can u take a photo of the device or the car abeg. What's the name of the car. Do you really have a car or did u just make up this story.

I only know of Engine Temperature gauge. Radiator doesn't have a gasket the top cylinder of the engine does. If the top cylinder is bad you can replace it without necessarily replacing the whole engine.

Reminds me of someone who said his car is Toyota Xtrail Limited and is 4wheel drive. Another argued that all SUVs that are manual transmission are 4wheel drive while the ones that are automatic are front wheel Drive. Of course they both have powerful SUV and talking from experience.

Nairalanders sha.
some cars come with coolant level indicator aside the temperature gauge. it will tell u when ur coolant level is low.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by Olusegunjaye(m): 10:29am On Feb 27, 2018
RealGucci:
baba i dey refil
tho i feel ssy e dey leak
but coolant.
nanababa.
make ai go dey pour soap with acid and colour say na coolant.
too many fake coolants
fake batteries
fake engile oils
wtf
anything wey not be follow come baba na spoil.
coolant go cool all your funds .
dagbo don too many
everything in dis shiithoole is fakke.
u buy engine oil in the day
it turns grease at night
knockin my gen .
inverter blows my phone chargers
wen nepa comes its between 1hp to below
if i no get stab u go swear for dem.
then by month end
they say my bill is 30k
ac wey i get i no fit use am well.
men shiiithoole men

sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by chnovpaul(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Dottore:

Nairalanders sha.

I use a Volvo S80, and the car does writes a message on the dashboard "Coolant Low, Stop Engine". At that point, you know you just need to stop and go look.

My point is, don't assume that because you haven't seen something, it doesn't exist.

6 Likes

Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by deebrownneymar: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2018
AutoJoshNIG:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Thanks. I picked 2 important points.
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by DidiLove1: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
Please, what's the difference between a single cell and double cell radiator?
Re: Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly by miqos02(m): 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lovely

Pls how do you "flush" radiator ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Used Cars We Can Buy With 300k / Antics Of Local Mechanics / Symptoms Of Bad Or Failing Brake Pads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.