Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard (925 Views)

Elephant Stops Trucks To Steal Sugarcane (Video) / Artificial Intelligence Can Now Steal Your Passwords With 100% Accuracy / Robots Promise To Not Steal Jobs & Rebel Against Humans At Robot Conference - PX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 27, 2018
Someone sent me this and I am wondering

Good evening everyone. Listen up everyone. I have a tip of a security advice for us all. If your gsm number is connected to your bank transactions, whether it's in use or not I advise you right now to set a PIN on the SIM card. Not the phone.
I just realized someone can wipe off your cash just with your SIM card. Thank me later. ...Java
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by Afonjashapmouth: 7:06am On Feb 27, 2018
Heard this is possible from a pal yesterday but I didn't push the conversation further, please folks stay woke
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by shortgun(m): 7:11am On Feb 27, 2018
not possible
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by AnodaIT(m): 7:23am On Feb 27, 2018
If they have your sim card along with your atm card or the card details vis the 16 digit number, ccv and card pin, they can drain your account
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by MostBanned: 7:27am On Feb 27, 2018
Yes it's very possible.....if they get hold of your BVN, all they just need is to clone your simcard and deactivate it from receiving alerts while your account is wiped

NB : if your sim card (phone number) is connected to your bank account, they can get your BVN by just dialing a code
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by shortgun(m): 7:35am On Feb 27, 2018
MostBanned:
Yes it's very possible.....if they get hold of your BVN, all they just need is to clone your simcard and deactivate it from receiving alerts while your account is wiped

NB : if your sim card (phone number) is connected to your bank account, they can get your BVN by just dialing a code
unless they can also clone your face what you are saying doesn't make sense.
if this was possible everybody's account will be empty by now.
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by MostBanned: 7:40am On Feb 27, 2018
shortgun:

unless they can also clone your face what you are saying doesn't make sense.
if this was possible everybody's account will be empty by now.

They don't target accounts with small funds

Hackers are in town
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by AnodaIT(m): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2018
MostBanned:

Oga no one can do anything with BVN

BVN is for records and not to initiate any transaction on your account
Re: Could Someone Steal Money In My Account With Simcard by IdeyFindWife: 10:38am On Feb 27, 2018
All forms of e-crimes like this should be expected as we progress more and more as a cashless society. It's only a natural development.

(1) (Reply)

Is There No Working Airtel Free Browsing Cheat Available / Check Out What China Are Planning To Do Next. It Will Shock You / Hp Envy 13m-bd0023dx i7 11th Gen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.