Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,480 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco (535 Views)

Wizkid's Soco Emerges As The Most Searched Term In Nigeria - Google / DOWNLOAD MP3: Davido – Flora My Flawa / Davido – "Flora My Flawa" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco by mantosa(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2018
After the sizzling bromance which the two music superstars exhibited at their concerts in December 2017, the duo has continued to prove to critics that indeed all issues have been settled and infact we might be looking forward to a muisical collaboration between the two very soon. The latest affirmation of admiration for each other was Wizkid’s performance at the London concert of Davido which was held in February 2018.

This same February, the two acts dropped their first official singles of 2018 and here is what we think about their starting solo musical efforts for the year 2018.

DAVIDO – FLORA MY FLAWA (produced by Fresh)

DMW ‘s captain and If crooner, Davido kickstarted the year with a couple of singles as a featured artist like DJ E-cool’s Ada, Larry Gaaga’s Doe, Soft’s Tattoo remix and DMW all-star single titled “Mind”. His first official single of the year is the highlife inspired “Flora My Flawa“ produced by DMW’s in-house producer – Fresh.

Davido takes us back to the days of pure old skool vibes and love songs, dropping flows and lines reminiscent of what DMW’s artist Yonda would have done on the same beat. He serenades his lover with delightful wordplays and lines like “My baby na bomb, she blow me oo, was your father a soldier?, my baby na gold, my baby too dope, was your mother a dealer?” He also makes reference to artist 9ice when he said “My baby is sweet, my baby is 9ice, my baby lapomeji.”

With a catchy hook and one liner where listeners can chant ‘if nothing last forever oh, me and you go by nothing forever oo’; excellent delivery and flows plus well thought out lyrics which was crowned with an exciting owambe beat by Fresh, Flora my flawa is sure an excellent effort from Davido and a very efficient diversification from the pon-pon sound which dominated Davido’s music offerings in 2017.

This song goes further to show Davido’s versatility and talent and is one tune that will sure get everyone, both the old and young grooving. Davido has scored another hit with Flora my Flawa and his back to the basics campaign has no doubt been yielding fruits.

Rating- 4/5

WIZKID – SOCO (produced by Northboi)

After dropping the smash hit ‘Manya’ in late 2017, Wizkid resumed business in 2018 with a single titled ‘Soco’ off his forth coming ‘Made in Lagos‘ EP from his record label – Starboy Entertainment. Wizkid has been hyping Soco for weeks before the song was released and didn’t go a day without tweeting something about the song leaving fans in high spirit and expectant of what Baba nla was going to drop this time around.

Eventually, Soco was released and featured relatively new names like his newly signed artist Terri, producer of Tekno’s hit single Mama by the name Spotless and Aristokrat records artist – Ceeza Milli. The tune which was produced by Northboi, another relatively new producer is said to be the first single off the ‘Made in Lagos’ EP.

It can be assumed that Wizkid was merely testing waters by the release of this single. He wanted to show the world his new signing and affiliates by probably releasing ‘Soco’ as a warmup single to his other 2018 offerings.

Soco falls flat on the hype and anticipation which was generated for the song. Fans were expecting another Ojuelegba or something more appealing which is typical of the Wizkid we know.

With an exceptional verse from Spotless and quite appealing hook from Wizkid laced on a simple beat by Northboi, Soco comes out as an average effort from the BET international act of the year 2017. Terry and Ceeza also came prepared but Soco is not just it for most music listeners and Wizkid lovers or perhaps, an average track which didn’t live up to the heavy hype. We look forward to other musical offerings Wizkid has lined up for 2018 but Soco?

Rating- 2.5/5

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/review-davidos-flora-flawa-wizkids-soco/

cc

Lalasticlala
Re: Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco by LifeIsGuhd(f): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2018
Why are you calling lalasticlala?

Without mincing words... you are a f**l tongue
Re: Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco by kpakungu001(m): 8:48am On Feb 27, 2018
Very sentimental judgement and review...how will you rate #soco 2.5/5. They are both dope songs.
Re: Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco by BLUEFLAME123: 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2018
HELLO, ARE U AN UPCOMING ARTIST, TALENTED AND GIFTED, THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO GET SIGNED INTO BLUEFLAME RECORD. CALL MR PHILLIP OGUNGBE 08159655377 FOR MORE MORE INFORMATION.. GOOD LUCK
Re: Review: Davido’s Flora My Flawa And Wizkid’s Soco by dacoolestkc(m): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
lol flora na flower is that one song-trash.
Wizkid- soco all the way and whether you like it or not Eledumare go bless you with money..op say amen

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO : Shawa Shawa – DJ Neptune Ft Olamide, Larry Gaaga, CDQ & Slimcase / Dj Ambo - Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? / Jim Iyke Finally Gets ‘married’ (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.