Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS (24783 Views)

BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Power Cables In Delta (Video) / UNIUYO Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Vandalized Armored Cable (Photos) / Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2018
A staff of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Quadri Tairu Adewale has cried out for help following his condition which was reportedly caused by electrocution while on an official duty. The man who is married with two children alleged that officials of PHCN Ikeja zonal office in Alausa, Lagos are yet to do something reasonable to help him improve his condition.

He shared his story with Seun Oloketuyi who posted it online.

Read below;

I humbly seek for assistance and help after the unfortunate accident of electrocution and the maltreatment meted out to me by the management of PHCN ikeja zonal office Alausa. Am Quadri Tairu Adewale by name and i hailed from epe LG in L/state ,i attended both my primary and secondary education all in epe before an admission to study elect/electronic in olabisi onobanjo university (OOU ) and am married with two kids.

I joined NEPA in 2001 through a program by FG called RCM as contract staff and was latter disengaged after unbundling of NEPA to PHCN,but was fortunate to gained an admission into OOU by 2004 during unbundling policy and left for school immediately.

However, i was due for industrial training (I.T ) by 2008 and applied for same at PHCN ojodu district, i was accepted was posted to magodo service center for the said training, thus while working OFFICIALLY with the staffs PHCN at magodo i got electrocuted on 5 May 2008,and was admitted into lagos state teaching hospital (LASUTH) where i went through four different operations.

I lost both my arms due to that unfortunate accident and was in LASUTH for 13 months and 6 days before i was discharged and all expenses pay by PHCN.

I was flown for further medical evaluations abroad (India ) and for prosthetic surgery when the presidency got involved after it was published in daily newspaper (THE SUN ) on 14 April 2009, to be honest i came back more disappointed with huge fraud that took place in India. Nonetheless i still engaged with management of PHCN (ikeja zonal office) on way forward, committees were set up ,till date nothing has been done even with their committees reports with different recommendations,hence all efforts to seek and get PHCN ikeja zonal office to my plight proved abortive.

I therefore appeal to well meaning Nigerians to please support these agendas which are :
1. Medical rehabilitation which includes provision of more reliable prosthesis. And
2. Empowerment to take care of my family as presently we rely on charity which is not sustainable.

I hope this my appeal will be handled with passion and urgency needed as my life is rusting away and my hopes of better lives crumbling as well ,thank you as you step in to save a hopeless soul and as i pray for you blessings from almighty God .

Yours Faithfully,
Quadri T.A

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/phcn-staff-loses-arms-electrocuted-official-duty-photos.html

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by midehi2(f): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2018
Some are sacrificing their lives, body & soul for this country, while some are using demonic powers (snake, monkey, elephant) to steal from the country

17 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by heendrix(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2018
So sorry bro embarassed atleast you wount have to be involved in a fight or punch anymore

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by madridguy(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2018
Subhanalah

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by alienvirus: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2018
This is a true story. I know this guy very well. He was a close friend while in school.

It was a very sad day for me when I heard the story and I reached out to him. He responded and we exchanged pleasantries .

Anyway kindly help if you are in position to do that.

Gracias.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Brooke60(f): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2018
EPE ti poju fun eyin Nepa abi PHCN ni

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by carzola(m): 11:26am On Feb 27, 2018
Working with no insurance cover

Working with out necessary precautions

Tomorrow they will Start begging the
General public for funds.

But I know my ogun he ready to
Fire.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by pejuakinab: 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
Funkeee!
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
madridguy:
Subhanalah

Indeed.
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by nairavsdollars(f): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
sorry ooo evil men do now lives with them
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by hezy4real01(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
Eya pele.... You go hear say them pay am 500k naw after much pressure sef
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Yinxies(f): 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
midehi2:
Some are sacrificing their lives, body & soul for this country, while some are using demonic powers (snake, monkey, elephant) to steal from the country
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Oh no, so sad.
The government should EVERYTHING for him to enjoy the remaining years he's got in this life.
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Iseoluwani: 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
alienvirus:
This is a true story. I know this guy very well. He was a close friend while in school.

It was a very sad day for me when I heard the story and I reached out to him. He responded and we exchanged pleasantries .

Anyway kindly help if you are in position to do that.

Gracias.

U can help him by RT THIS ON YOUR FB WALL. IT WILL HELP IN CONNECTING YOUR ALMA MATER N COLLEAGUES TO HELP OUT PLS

PLS DONT STOP AT JUST MAKING COMMENT ALONE

8 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by marvin906(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
eyah..
sorry ooo..
na so you for just go like faraday undecided undecided

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Tunasco4u(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
Oh Lord of mercy
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by lovingyouhun: 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jesus Christ!! I hope the Govt will compensate him ooooo, wish him quick recovery
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by visijo(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
Eyah.. Curse of the land
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Iseoluwani: 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2018
heendrix:
So sorry bro embarassed atleast you wount have to be involved in a fight or punch anymore

Dont mock him pls

Not everything is a joke

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by MorataFC: 12:38pm On Feb 27, 2018
God have mercy
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by jonadaft: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
Eya...

When your hobby is PUTTING OFF THE LIGHT...

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Groovenaija360(m): 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
heendrix:

grin grin
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Tjohnnay: 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ok

U nor fit cut light again na

Nepa na very wicked ppl dm nor dey gv us light for lag here
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by maxiuc(m): 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
NEPA staff Sabi chop curse

If light no shock them na juju go catch them
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by YelloweWest: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
angry

Pls how much was he compensated with

If na abroad the guy dome hammer
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Tjohnnay: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
heendrix:

Na dat wn? Abi na how him wn take cut light
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Toktee(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
carzola:
Working with no insurance cover

Working with out necessary precautions

Tomorrow they will Start begging the
General public for funds.

But I know my ogun he ready to
Fire.
Is your brain malfunctioning?
Don't you read where he said he was there as IT?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by jamesbridget13(f): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Its sad
Re: PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
A staff of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Quadri Tairu Adewale has cried out for help following his condition which was reportedly caused by electrocution while on an official duty. The man who is married with two children alleged that officials of PHCN Ikeja zonal office in Alausa, Lagos are yet to do something reasonable to help him improve his condition.

He shared his story with Seun Oloketuyi who posted it online.

Read below;

I humbly seek for assistance and help after the unfortunate accident of electrocution and the maltreatment meted out to me by the management of PHCN ikeja zonal office Alausa. Am Quadri Tairu Adewale by name and i hailed from epe LG in L/state ,i attended both my primary and secondary education all in epe before an admission to study elect/electronic in olabisi onobanjo university (OOU ) and am married with two kids.

I joined NEPA in 2001 through a program by FG called RCM as contract staff and was latter disengaged after unbundling of NEPA to PHCN,but was fortunate to gained an admission into OOU by 2004 during unbundling policy and left for school immediately.

However, i was due for industrial training (I.T ) by 2008 and applied for same at PHCN ojodu district, i was accepted was posted to magodo service center for the said training, thus while working OFFICIALLY with the staffs PHCN at magodo i got electrocuted on 5 May 2008,and was admitted into lagos state teaching hospital (LASUTH) where i went through four different operations.

I lost both my arms due to that unfortunate accident and was in LASUTH for 13 months and 6 days before i was discharged and all expenses pay by PHCN.

I was flown for further medical evaluations abroad (India ) and for prosthetic surgery when the presidency got involved after it was published in daily newspaper (THE SUN ) on 14 April 2009, to be honest i came back more disappointed with" huge fraud " that took place in India. Nonetheless i still engaged with management of PHCN (ikeja zonal office) on way forward, committees were set up ,till date nothing has been done even with their committees reports with different recommendations,hence all efforts to seek and get PHCN ikeja zonal office to my plight proved abortive.

I therefore appeal to well meaning Nigerians to please support these agendas which are :
1. Medical rehabilitation which includes provision of more reliable prosthesis. And
2. Empowerment to take care of my family as presently we rely on charity which is not sustainable.

I hope this my appeal will be handled with passion and urgency needed as my life is rusting away and my hopes of better lives crumbling as well ,thank you as you step in to save a hopeless soul and as i pray for you blessings from almighty God .

Yours Faithfully,
Quadri T.A

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/phcn-staff-loses-arms-electrocuted-official-duty-photos.html
so sad gej govt was a fraud

(1) (2) (Reply)

Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. / Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake / 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.