Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,711 members, 7,955,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? (10338 Views)

List Of Nigeria University That Can Give You Admission Without Writing Jamb / Federal Universities That Will Offer You Admission With Low JAMB Score(120) / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by cdqyehyeh(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2018
unilorin putme60 jamb242 industrial chemistry
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by GrandMufti: 8:07am On Feb 28, 2018
handsomeclouds:

it is suffient but not adequate

Help yourself. Google 'necessary but not sufficient'
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 28, 2018
GrandMufti:

Help yourself. Google 'necessary but not sufficient'
grin A dictionary will help you
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Petdagr8t(m): 8:26am On Feb 28, 2018
My brother the answer is no, even if you scores 300 in jamb and same in putme with a good 'O' level results still you won't secure an admission in some Nigerian universities. I am a victim of this injustice in 2017 when I made an excellent scores in both exams but A.B.U Zaria failed to offer me the merited admission. In this country everything even admission has been politicized and compromised, oh! my God we need a remedy.
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by lonelydora: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2018
autotrader014:
Not in Nigeria.. if you like score 300, person wey score 150 with him cash go get admission and you wont.. grin

Your stand in PH?
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2018
tayebest:
Same scenario happens in ABU that I also write about. Nigeria education system needs thorough reshuffling! sad unfortunately the girl in question was not even given admission.

She left University of Ibadan which is just a few step from her doorstep to faraway north..What do u expect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by autotrader014(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2018
lonelydora:

Your stand in PH?

Yes bro

1 Like

Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by lonelydora: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2018
autotrader014:

Yes bro
Pm your address.
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by GrandMufti: 9:00am On Feb 28, 2018
handsomeclouds:

Don't do this to yourself brother
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by yugee4ambyngoddy: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2018
Do you want score high in Jamb? WhatsApp 07038178318
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by tayebest(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2018
olatunji21:

She left University of Ibadan which is just a few step from her doorstep to faraway north..What do u expect?

sometimes we just fell like staying far away from our family!

1 Like

Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Makz: 10:08am On Feb 28, 2018
GrandMufti:
It's necessary but not sufficient
are u an economist?
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by komekn(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2018
pinnket:
angry

Your high score will get you somewhere, but not a guarantee for a sure admission. Most schools still place much emphasis on their post-utme exams during admission processing...

The best combination so far is to get high jamb score + have money + knowing the right people... It works like magic.

So what's the whole point of taking JAMB with all things Nigerian it's a way of circumventing the process for reasons that have nothing to do with Fair-Play and merit.

Sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2018
I think you have to be an all rounder to seal your chances. A high UTME + pUTME score and a good O'level will get you in. Deficiency in any of the aforementioned could affect your chances.
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by GrandMufti: 11:07am On Feb 28, 2018
Makz:
are u an economist?

Yes sir smiley
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by autotrader014(m): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2018
lonelydora:

Pm your address.

Whatsapp me on 09056222781
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by newslifeop: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by webngnews: 11:37am On Feb 28, 2018
No
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Jemerson: 11:40am On Feb 28, 2018
handsomeclouds:

He is right. 'Necessary but not sufficient' is a terminology used in mathematical economics
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by mechanics(m): 11:40am On Feb 28, 2018
The system has changed now, your 0 level result, your jamb result and post UTME result, will qualify you for admission.
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Silumi(f): 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nothing in life guarantees anything
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jemerson:

He is right. 'Necessary but not sufficient' is a terminology used in mathematical economics
I didn't say he's wrong... I'm not wrong either... It's suffient but not adequate
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Isaolamide: 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Please who can get me sure material to prepare for unilorin post utme?
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Jemerson: 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
handsomeclouds:

I didn't say he's wrong... I'm not wrong either... It's suffient but not adequate

He said it's not sufficient. You said it's sufficient. There is no such thing as being sufficient and not adequate at the same time.

If it is true that if P then Q, then P is a sufficient condition for Q. Meaning that the truth of P is sufficient for/guarantees the truth of Q.

Now replace P with 'excelling in jamb' and

Q with 'gaining admission'

If you then say that passing jamb is sufficient, then it guarantees admission, which is wrong and not what you intended to write. So you are wrong. You should have said 'necessary but not adequate'
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Loogan(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
komekn:

So what's the whole point of taking JAMB with all things Nigerian it's a way of circumventing the process for reasons that have nothing to do with Fair-Play and merit.

Sad.
Don't stress trying to understand the system because the corruption is incomprehensible.
It's up to you and I to make a change.
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Engineermbugame(m): 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
Is 2018/2019 jamb form still on
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jemerson:

He said it's not sufficient. You said it's sufficient. There is no such thing as being sufficient and not adequate at the same time.

If it is true that if P then Q, then P is a sufficient condition for Q. Meaning that the truth of P is sufficient for/guarantees the truth of Q.

Now replace P with 'excelling in jamb' and

Q with 'gaining admission'

If you then say that passing jamb is sufficient, then it guarantees admission, which is wrong and not what you intended to write. So you are wrong. You should have said 'necessary but not adequate'
if yours is a terminology in maths... mine is a terminology in Law
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Oyemi24(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
I don't think high jamb score determines admission, I scored 268 my admission year, put medical rehab but I ended up with FST even with good olevel in unizik. They even said I gained admission because of my ethnicity
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Makz: 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
GrandMufti:

Yes sir smiley
I sensed it lol. Howdy my rational colleaque?
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Jemerson: 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Well I gave you the benefit of doubt at first. Sufficient and adequate mean the same thing.

handsomeclouds:

handsomeclouds:

handsomeclouds:

if yours is a terminology in maths... mine is a terminology in Law

It's not a question of 'if'. I stated it all along.

Jemerson:

Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Iammicboy(m): 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
Pls where can i download the invincible teacher book online
Re: Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 01, 2018
Jemerson:
Well I gave you the benefit of doubt at first. Sufficient and adequate mean the same thing.

It's not a question of 'if'. I stated it all along.

I still maintain they aren't... like I said it's a terminology in law

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Emerges Best Student In Ghanaian University / PLEASE HELP(UNILAG TRANSCRIPT): How Do I Get My Transcripts Processed / Funny Medical School Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.