Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Corps Member Donates Borehole Hotoro Community - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Donates Borehole Hotoro Community (429 Views)

More Dividend Of Osun Hall Of Fame As Ceo Fortunate Donates Borehole To Nysc / NYSC Member Donates 10 Months Allowance As Scholarship To Student (pix) / Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corps Member Donates Borehole Hotoro Community by ArewaWatch: 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
A National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Mercy Okoduwa has donated a hand pump borehole to Hotoro Mahauta Community in Nassarawa local government area of Kano state.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-yN3R1dIlqXQ/WpaDTnOTJFI/AAAAAAAABaA/tUE6ZUSZaBAFEfHeUEBCPUbuf1d7ibIpwCLcBGAs/s320/nysc.jpg[/img]

Speaking at the commissioning of the borehole, Mercy said she was initially planned to drill the borehole at Nassarawa local government’s coppers lodge in Gwagwarwa quarters.

She said, “I have made four attempts to construct the borehole but I could not actualize my dream for some reasons. One of the reasons was that feasibility survey indicated that there is no adequate water in the area. Some NYSC officials advised me not to give up and therefore I started looking for another community in need of water and in the process, I discovered that Mahauta community is one of them.”

On his part, the NYSC State Coordinator, Alhaji Baba Ladan represented by Director of Community Development Service (CDS), Mrs Sarah Kure, commended Mercy for the gesture, saying the project was significant because “water is life”.

Ladan explained that the corps member had enhanced the health status of the community by providing them with a source of portable drinking water.

“The management of NYSC also thanked all those that supported Mercy in executing this project because without their support she could not achieve her goal. The NYSC in Kano is willing to support any corps member that wants to execute a project that would impact on the lives of people,” she said.

The coordinator urged members of the benefiting community to ensure maintenance of the facility and appealed to other corps members to emulate Mercy by making impact on the lives of the community they were serving.

He also called on the people of Kano state to render financial and moral supports to any corps member that was willing to carry out humanitarian projects in the state.

Source: http://www.arewawatch.com/2018/02/corps-member-donates-borehole-hotoro.html

cc
seun
lalasticlala
CrazyMan
yokiti
Ogbeche77

(1) (Reply)

List Of Undergraduate Internships Available For Application / Parade (video) / 50% Discount For All - Don't Miss This Opportunity - It Is Real!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.