Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Those Relatives (uncles/aunts), Family Friends: Where Are You Now? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Those Relatives (uncles/aunts), Family Friends: Where Are You Now? (387 Views)

Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!! / Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Those Relatives (uncles/aunts), Family Friends: Where Are You Now? by elisha820(m): 1:53am On Mar 01, 2018
Sometimes I wonder the relevance of some of my big uncles and aunts to me, cos all the do is just mouth actions. Advice is not the only duty (even friends, parents, siblings, religious house do that better), there's more to that.
Your advice or prayers won't buy me materials, won't pay my t.p to UMTH or Neuropsychiatry on weekly basis, won't do anything substantially.
If your presence is not felt now, it won't make any significance in the near future.
Truly, the economy is hard and things ain't easy, but time like this make your impact more felt and cherished.
There won't be any better time than now.

This ain't a hate speech, but a wake up call to you all, my beloved relatives. No one knows tomorrow, but you can better the future of your children, by what you do today, what you invest in today, and who you invest today.

If you are my Uncle/Aunt, family friend and you are reading this, or your Dad or Mum is my relative or family friend, tell him or her that Elisha, Emmanuel's son frowns at their silence when their voice needs to be heard loud and clear, when their charity needs to be felt. Not only to their children, but to others as well.

Thank you for your time.

(1) (Reply)

Oxfam, Civil Society Group Advocate For Gender Equality, Poverty Reduction / A Very Good Saturday Wedding / Anger Management – Understanding Anger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.