Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon (5384 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe / Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by voiceoftheupcom: 4:27am On Mar 01, 2018
FOREIGN EXCHANGE, CAUSE OF HAJJ FARES HIKE – NAHCON
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/02/foreign-exchange-cause-of-hajj-fares.html

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria says it is still computing cost of various components that make up the total package of the 2018 Hajj fares.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, The Executive Chairman of NAHCON, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammad, stated this at a one-day sensitisation and enlightenment campaign for 2018 Hajj pilgrims and Ulama, on Wednesday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the commission approved N1.5 million as the 2017 Hajj fares and fixed $800 as the Basic Travel Allowance for all pilgrims.
The approval followed the appearance and defence of the proposed fares by all the state pilgrims welfare boards and agencies.
However, the 2017 Hajj fare was not uniform across all the states, unlike in the previous years, for instance NAHCON approved N1, 544,894.16 for Nasarawa State; N1,525,483.30 for Niger and N1, 535,503.68 for Kaduna State.
Muhammad, however, said the commission had directed State Muslim Welfare Boards, Agencies and Commissions to collect deposit of the same amount paid in 2017, before NAHCON would finish computing the total fare for this year’s Hajj.
He assured that the commission would consult all stakeholders and relevant government agencies before agreeing at a cost of each component of the Hajj fare.
He said: “Right now, we are trying to compute the total cost of the 2018 hajj fares but before that we have directed state pilgrims boards to collect deposit of N1.5 million as paid during 2017 Hajj.
“If after computing the cost we arrive as N1.5 million that is all, but if it is lower or higher than the deposit collected we will explain to the public as usual.”
He said the U.S. dollars constituted 98 per cent component of the Hajj fare because NAHCON used dollars to pay for all services that would be rendered to pilgrims.
He appealed to Ulamas (Islamic clerics) to assist the commission in education intending pilgrims on new Saudi Arabian policies on Hajj and Umrah in order to bridge information gap.
The executive chairman said clerics had a role to play in ensuring hitch-free Hajj operation not only in the areas of education and enlightenment of intending pilgrims but also have a duty to ascertain their character and decency.
He said as part of measures to curtail incidences of absconding, NAHCON had introduced guarantorship and endorsement form by Jumma’at Imams to ascertain that any person traveling for Hajj would not abscond.
According him, it is only Jumma’at Imams that will sign and endorse the forms to stand as guarantors of intending pilgrims.
The NAHCON boss advised Imams to sign and endorse forms of persons who have no questionable characters, saying “If you stand as a guarantor of anybody that abscond you will be arrested”.
Muhammed said: “If you are not sure of the character of any intending pilgrims that comes to you to endorse his or her forms don’t approve it.
“Make sure you know somebody who knows him very well and who can attest to the fact that the person will come back because before you endorse his form.”

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by nony43(m): 7:10am On Mar 01, 2018
The way govt de take sponsor this Muslim Hajj, Christian pilgrims don't get half of it

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:10am On Mar 01, 2018
D
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by seankay(m): 7:12am On Mar 01, 2018
Waste of money.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by NaijaMutant(f): 7:14am On Mar 01, 2018
Foolishness in the high places

Imagine our daft governments from past till present continuously sponsoring religious tourism with our common wealth.

Who will sponsor our native doctors and chief priests to meet with the gods

Religion is personal, stop this waste of resources

15 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Nukilia: 7:16am On Mar 01, 2018
Who is going to stop this religious tourism embarked upon by Africans?

8 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by oladele97: 7:17am On Mar 01, 2018
Some of them can easily use the N1.5m to boost their business or help their relative. But they won't, they have been hypnotized

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by free2ryhme: 7:18am On Mar 01, 2018
voiceoftheupcom:
FOREIGN EXCHANGE, CAUSE OF HAJJ FARES HIKE – NAHCON
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/02/foreign-exchange-cause-of-hajj-fares.html

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria says it is still computing cost of various components that make up the total package of the 2018 Hajj fares.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, The Executive Chairman of NAHCON, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammad, stated this at a one-day sensitisation and enlightenment campaign for 2018 Hajj pilgrims and Ulama, on Wednesday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the commission approved N1.5 million as the 2017 Hajj fares and fixed $800 as the Basic Travel Allowance for all pilgrims.
The approval followed the appearance and defence of the proposed fares by all the state pilgrims welfare boards and agencies.
However, the 2017 Hajj fare was not uniform across all the states, unlike in the previous years, for instance NAHCON approved N1, 544,894.16 for Nasarawa State; N1,525,483.30 for Niger and N1, 535,503.68 for Kaduna State.
Muhammad, however, said the commission had directed State Muslim Welfare Boards, Agencies and Commissions to collect deposit of the same amount paid in 2017, before NAHCON would finish computing the total fare for this year’s Hajj.
He assured that the commission would consult all stakeholders and relevant government agencies before agreeing at a cost of each component of the Hajj fare.
He said: “Right now, we are trying to compute the total cost of the 2018 hajj fares but before that we have directed state pilgrims boards to collect deposit of N1.5 million as paid during 2017 Hajj.
“If after computing the cost we arrive as N1.5 million that is all, but if it is lower or higher than the deposit collected we will explain to the public as usual.”
He said the U.S. dollars constituted 98 per cent component of the Hajj fare because NAHCON used dollars to pay for all services that would be rendered to pilgrims.
He appealed to Ulamas (Islamic clerics) to assist the commission in education intending pilgrims on new Saudi Arabian policies on Hajj and Umrah in order to bridge information gap.
The executive chairman said clerics had a role to play in ensuring hitch-free Hajj operation not only in the areas of education and enlightenment of intending pilgrims but also have a duty to ascertain their character and decency.
He said as part of measures to curtail incidences of absconding, NAHCON had introduced guarantorship and endorsement form by Jumma’at Imams to ascertain that any person traveling for Hajj would not abscond.
According him, it is only Jumma’at Imams that will sign and endorse the forms to stand as guarantors of intending pilgrims.
The NAHCON boss advised Imams to sign and endorse forms of persons who have no questionable characters, saying “If you stand as a guarantor of anybody that abscond you will be arrested”.
Muhammed said: “If you are not sure of the character of any intending pilgrims that comes to you to endorse his or her forms don’t approve it.
“Make sure you know somebody who knows him very well and who can attest to the fact that the person will come back because before you endorse his form.”

pilgrimage every year yet nothing has ever changed about their lives

they are taking advantage of the corruption in the system

see as they be like prisoners sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by bjayx: 7:20am On Mar 01, 2018
Who pilgrimage travel help

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2018
Using taxpayer funds to fund pilgrimage. What a scam!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 01, 2018
angry

This rubbish practices by our government has got to stop... Religious activities should be funded from interested individual pockets and not from government pockets.

Religion has always been a chain holding us back in this country... We're highly religious but less productive as a nation.
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by papi22(m): 7:28am On Mar 01, 2018
1.5m to saudi arabia

abeg if naija government wan organize tour to australia.. Like how much den go charge

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Shilohbliss(m): 7:31am On Mar 01, 2018
Why will the government continue to pay for people spiritual life, if any individual wants to go on pilgrimage it should be at cost and not the government. Look at the huge budget figures for a journey that will not improve the economy.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 01, 2018
I shock when d man wey do tiles for our house go mecca. Dis na man wey no get hin own house,car,and his kids dey go govt primary school. Some pple no just get sense

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by agarawu23(m): 7:36am On Mar 01, 2018
After spending almost 2m to visit the Holy land, most of them still come back to do evil even after seeing the wonders of God.

Govt should stop sponsoring this hajj Cos they aren't giving the right people who are TRUE believers. They play politics with it and waste state funds on evil people.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2018
ha
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by kabawa(m): 7:39am On Mar 01, 2018
Alhamdulillah, those hypocrite up there saying tax payers money is used to sponsor hajj pilgrims need to have their brains examined before they enter market.
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by kabawa(m): 7:45am On Mar 01, 2018
free2ryhme:

pilgrimage every year yet nothing has ever changed about their lives

they are taking advantage of the corruption in the system

see as they be like prisoners sef undecided

You are calling people who can afford 1.5m for pilgrimage prisoners?
I vet if you have half of that amount your condition would've been better. I'll need to see the pictures of your par***s to compare
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by free2ryhme: 7:50am On Mar 01, 2018
kabawa:

You are calling people who can afford 1.5m for pilgrimage prisoners?
I vet if you have half of that amount your condition would've been better. I'll need to see the pictures of your par***s to compare

they can afford it and still live in mud houses

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by carinmom(f): 8:28am On Mar 01, 2018
I don't understand how people are screaming government sponsorship, who told you guys that its the government that sponsors every pilgrim? I've been to hajj myself and no bloody govt sponsored me, I sponsored myself.
Those that are sponsored are mostly the ones that are close relatives or friends of govt officials. So pls stop having the myopic view that every pilgrim is sponsored with taxpayer's money because that's not true.

*modified*

I understand that the govt do actually subsidize pilgrimage, enough of the mentions pls.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by texazzpete(m): 8:58am On Mar 01, 2018
kabawa:
Alhamdulillah, those hypocrite up there saying tax payers money is used to sponsor hajj pilgrims need to have their brains examined before they enter market.

Ah. You’re either one of those benefitting from this daft subsidy or an official who steals money from the fund.

Either way, you display severe intellectual poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by texazzpete(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2018
carinmom:
I don't understand how people are screaming government sponsorship, who told you guys that its the government that sponsors every pilgrim? I've been to hajj myself and no bloody govt sponsored me, I sponsored myself.
Those that are sponsored are mostly the ones that are close relatives or friends of govt officials. So pls stop having the myopic view that every pilgrim is sponsored with taxpayer's money because that's not true.

Don’t be silly. Everyone knows that lots of pilgrims sponsor their own journey. That is the scenario everyone wants. But there's also no denying that lots of pilgrims either travel on Govt subsidy, or have their Forex subsidized to ridiculous levels.

I mean, it's in the Budget...billions of Naira set aside for pilgrimage...the vast majority of which is expended on Hajj. Where do those billions come from? The moon?

You're literally making up an argument nobody has put forward just to argue about it and deflect from real criticism of the waste of state resources on what should be a personal spiritual pilgrimage.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 01, 2018
grin
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by jonadaft: 10:18am On Mar 01, 2018
nony43:
The way govt de take sponsor this Muslim Hajj, Christian pilgrims don't get half of it
What is Christian pilgrimage?

Copy oshi

The places you people are even doing pilgrimage to,
They don't like you
They hate you
They hate dark-skinned people
They are racist
They hate Christians
They hate Jesus
The population of Christians in Israel is not even up to 5%.
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Shafiiimran99: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2018
carinmom:
My sister it is true. Our govt do subsidize hajj which totally haram as far as islam is concern but those evil people we call scholars or cleric today have made haram to be halal.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by redsun(m): 11:36am On Mar 01, 2018
Taliban government wasting tax payers resources on morons. I thought they said hajj is for those that can afford it,why should the government waste people's money on deluded adventures?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Opoki(m): 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
Lol, funny how our government sponsor this religion tourism but could not subsidize or make fx available at an affordable rate!
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by bolinjkezzy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
carinmom:
It is true, government partially sponsor pilgrim with the special exchange rate given to those embarking on the pilgrims (tourism)
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by bolinjkezzy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
carinmom:
It is true, government partially sponsor pilgrim with the special exchange rate given to those embarking on the pilgrim(tourism)
Re: Foreign Exchange, Cause Of Hajj Fares Hike – Nahcon by Viktor1983(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
Why should the government have a hand in people's personal spiritual/religious affairs?
Only folks who can afford Hajj should go, look at how these holy lands are fleecing y'all.
Religion is evil.

(1) (Reply)

5 Lies About Making Money Online That You Have Been Told / Can Anybody Tell Me What Is The Best And Worst Paying Jobs In Nigeria. / What Can 50k Naira Buy And Sell In The Market For Profit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.