Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? (1197 Views)

How Much Is Gotv Decoder? / Is Gotv Signal Perfectly Working In Your Area....? / Is GOTV A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by cbngov01(m): 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
Dear Mods,

I don't know if this is the right place but I sincerely plead that this is moved to FP as I have seen issues of this sort resolved based on the reach of naira land.

Sometime in January, I received the message "Congrats, you just got February subscription on us! Renew IUC 4613135825 with N1,900 before your subscription expires, 24 Jan to get activated . T&Cs apply." As I usually do once I get messages from gotv on expiration, I subscribed but bearing in mind the promo message, I felt I should keep the msg instead of deleting as o usually do.

Fast forward to Saturday 24th February and I put on my TV to watch premier league preview and highlights. Lo and behold, I had been deactivated!I went straight to the message to reconfirmed after which I called gotv on their line which is not toll free~08039044688 where I spoke with a CSO for over 10mins. He assured that it'll be resolved within 24hours. He also stated they were open from 9am to 9pm everyday and I should call if there were still issues. On sunday night, I called but it was not connecting after which I went online got their email yet mails sent were not delivering.

On Monday I called twice and was assured that it I been looked into but as I type, the service have not been restored. My engagement with them on Twitter only yielded a holding response since.The painful thing is why cajole me into a promo when you know you will not fulfil your end of the bargain. With or without the promo, I've been paying for over three years despite barely watching it due to the nature of my work.

I will appreciate of this can be moved to the promised land where it can be seen. This will enable me to know if the promo is truly enjoyed by others and is not a farce or ice just been shortchanged

Cc lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by NwaAmaikpe: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
shocked

You paid and got what you paid for.
They promised you a free month, they changed their mind.
You are in Naija.
There is no consumer right,
There is no accountability.
Get used to it and let them be,

But if you must hold them accountable, start with Buhari who promised us change then gave us chains.

I like your moniker, but remember the CBN would never spend so much energy haggling on petty things worth 1,900.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by alex81(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Gotv promo is scam. Believe them at ur own peril.

Bought a new pack, told me it came with a month subscription (boldly written on d pack sef)..
After installation I no c anything.

I think d guy below me works for gotv. Dey are here to defend themselves grin
Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by braimeddy: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
So na because of 1 month free sub u get all the time to type this? This energy u used to type this stuff is more than the 1900 sub. Just go and subscribe after all its just 1900 naira

1 Like

Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by stepo707: 7:24am On Mar 02, 2018
I got one month free though and it will expire mar14.but mine was 4months uninterrupted subscription since October
Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by YINKS89(m): 7:39am On Mar 02, 2018
U got d message all wrong u re to subscribe first for d sub to take effect.
Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by Victorakats(m): 7:54am On Mar 02, 2018
Lol.. I can imagine how painful this would be for you.
Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by cbngov01(m): 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You paid and got what you paid for.
They promised you a free month, they changed their mind.
You are in Naija.
There is no consumer right,
There is no accountability.
Get used to it and let them be,

But if you must hold them accountable, start with Buhari who promised us change then gave us chains.

I like your moniker, but remember the CBN would never spend so much energy haggling on petty things worth 1,900.

Lol...This man.I guess u are right....There is no consumer right.the more reason y no one can be held accountable
Re: Is Gotv Promo A Lie Or It Truly Exists.? by cbngov01(m): 1:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
YINKS89:
U got d message all wrong u re to subscribe first for d sub to take effect.

I subscribed before due date....Didn't get it all wrong.its scam!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hollywood Vs Bollywood / Aba Gets An International Film Festival This December / Watch Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.