Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

From Agriculture To Information Technology - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / From Agriculture To Information Technology (471 Views)

Register For International Postgraduate Diploma In Information Technology / Why Information Technology Should Be Used Address Security Challenges In Nigeria / Information Technology And Human Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Agriculture To Information Technology by Demaj: 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
Dear nairalanders,
This is my first time I'm posting on NL. I just felt someone might be encouraged.
I graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University with Bsc. Agric but today I find myself in the IT Industy. It all started during 400 level (farm year) and I thought to myself if I have a career in Agriculture..(of course I do) and I also asked myself how many agricultural industries will be able to pay good salaries. So I decided to enrol for evening Cisco (CCNA) class at classic computers (SUB building) even though I didn't finish the study.
..fast forward to after NYSC, I got a job with a telecom firm (Ericsson) as a graduate training and I was trained in GSM, WCDMA and LTE network. I became an FME (field maintenance engineer) and I was going to different Base station around Lagos troubleshooting and maintaining the Telco equipment but I didn't like the job because FME are treated badly, and also the risk of the job is so high..I remember I was around LASU doing my normal work and I heard gun shots...(I ran for my dear life)...after I left Telecoms...I have gathered enough money..so I decided to write CCNA (Routing and switching, Data Center) exams and I passed both exams.

I saw a job advert in an IT services firm, I applied and I got the job because of the CCNA DC certification. I didn't know that the IT firm has won a contract for a major DC configuration involving Nexus switches and UCS etc. As per OAU graduate (we sabi book)..I read about the device and I successfully deployed it and even for other companies.

Today I have CCNP, MCSA, MCSE etc. I hope to seat for the "Almighty CCIE" exam next year and I am also learning python programming for software defined networking.....Don't look down on yourself because of your course of study at the university..Be passionate about what you do...

In the course of my journey, I did voluntary jobs with startup tech companies for free.....just recently I applied for AWS cloud support engineer (Networking)...I didn't passed the interview because of my little knowledge about scripting but I am not gonna give up...

cc: lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: From Agriculture To Information Technology by ugreat(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nice one bro. This is encouraging
Re: From Agriculture To Information Technology by Demaj: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
ugreat:
Nice one bro. This is encouraging

Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

The Science Agenda To Exterminate Blacks / Please, I Want To Sue Airtel Nigeria / Facts You Didn't Know About The Recent Lunar Eclipse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.