Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,337 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. (652 Views)

How Can I Begin My E-trade Business / >> Pls Help - How Can I Remove This Virus From My Pc / Help! How Do I Kill Bitdefender On My System?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. by mondob2k(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2010
I am a graduate and am interested in computer tecnhnolgy especially networking. I av heard of COMPTIA N+ and CCNA. Is N+ a prerequisite for CCNA. What do I stand to gain by undergoing N+? Is possession of a laptop a must? Thanks for clearing my doubts.
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. by lastpage: 2:08am On May 09, 2010
Possession of a system IS A MUST (Could be a Desktop but a Laptop is better; buy a fairly used Intel Pentium 4 minimum, if money is an issue)
N+ is not a pre-requisite for CCNA (infact, l consider it a waste of time and resources)

Now, depending on your level of I.T at this moment:
If you are computer literate, l will say get the E-book and READ; get the video tutorials and study;
Take a lot of practice questions (on the job experience can also help fast-track your competency) and when you're a bit comfortable (you will never be totally comfortable) register for the part one of the exams at a VUE/Prometric center
Its better you take it in two streams.

On the other hand, if you are not that good with Computers (At least be able to install O.S and troubleshoot hardware), l will suggest you take the A+ Certification route first before dabbling into CCNA.
And you cant use the A+ qualification, along the line, to get work experience.

Wish you luck, its easier than you think, GO FOR IT.
Cheers
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. by koseepaaro(m): 10:40pm On May 12, 2010
Hi friend.

My own advice for you is to first of all buy a personal computer (In my own case, desktop computer is better for this) which you will be using to practice what they are teaching you and go for A+ course. Say, the one that will run for about four or six months. After you finish the A+ course, then you can now register for any network course of your choice.

Since you have already gone for A+, you must have been thought various computer parts and how they function, how to assemble a computer, how to install Operating System (OS) and application programs, how to troubleshoot computer problem and basic computer network. And since you've known all these, it will be very easy for you to understand anything they might be teaching you in a network class.

I wish you good luck.
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. by koseepaaro(m): 10:45pm On May 12, 2010
Hi friend.

My own advice for you is to first of all buy a personal computer (In my own case, desktop computer is better for this) which you will be using to practice what they are teaching you and go for A+ course. Say, the one that will run for about four or six months. After you finish the A+ course, then you can now register for any network course of your choice.

Since you have already gone for A+, you must have been thought various computer parts and how they function, how to assemble a computer, how to install Operating System (OS) and application programs, how to troubleshoot computer problem and basic computer network. And since you've known all these, it will be very easy for you to understand anything they might be teaching you in a network class.

I wish you good luck.
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Begin A Career In Netwoking. by koseepaaro(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2010
Hi friend.

I wish you good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Learn Peachtrea Accounting In Ibadan / Hot To Place A Sport Bet Without Losing (free Report) / Please, Which Isp Is The Best For Residential Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.