Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine (19150 Views)

Innoson Develops Multi-level Car Park In Anambra To Meet Demand- PICS & VIDEO / The 7.3-liter Ford "Godzilla" V-8 For Super Duty / Mazda's Breakthrough Makes Sparkless Petrol Engine As Efficient As Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Automotive1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X__JTmVJ9ug

The biggest problem with the internal combustion engine is that most of the energy generated by combustion is wasted as heat rather than converted propulsion for the vehicle.

The Toyota's new Dynamic Force Engine has made a breakthrough in thermal efficiency in being 40% as a conventional engine and 41% efficient in hybrid form . Most internal combustion engines are only 20 percent thermally efficient.

In addition to heat, the various systems required to run the engine all take energy that could potentially be put to use propelling the vehicle.

In the Dynamic Force Engine, the sides of the pistons have been polished to a smooth mirror surface to reduce friction, with narrow grooves cross cut in it to improve scuff resistance.

The cylinder head has been designed with a high-efficiency intake port. A high-power ignition coil is used to burn every last droplet of gas from the multi-hole direct injector.

But Toyota didn't just focus on efficiency and improved fuel economy. Another major benefit of this engine is its enhanced torque. Not only does it produce more torque than the modern equivalent 2.0-liter engine, it begins generating that torque at a lower engine rpm.

Toyota claims it will introduce 17 different versions of nine different engines, 10 versions of four transmissions and 10 versions of six hybrid systems by the end of 2021.

Toyota will start outfitting its vehicles with these new tech, but didn't specify which models. Toyota said Europe, Japan, China and the US will all benefit from this new tech, and that it hopes to have these parts installed in 80% of new Toyota and Lexus vehicles by the end of 2023.

Do you think this new engine breakthrough from TOYOTA and that of Mazda will save the internal combustion engine i.e petrol and diesel cars?

Source https://autojosh.com/toyota-develops-worlds-thermally-efficient-2-0-liter-petrol-engine/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Aldebaran(m): 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
If dis engine can be twice as efficient as the conventional engine ,then I'm impressed cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by sultaan(m): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
From Tesla? No

Electric cars are the future in tandem with solar or nuclear power. It might be a century from now, but fossil fuel will go away

9 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Inception(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
The end of the V6 is finally here for the Camry... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by sultaan(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
Inception:
The end of the V6 is finally here for the Camry... embarassed

Toyota is almost the only car maker with V6 mid size sedan, all others are using turbocharged 4 cylinder engines. Toyota has no turbo in their mainstream models

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Hahnemann: 7:22am On Mar 04, 2018
I don't even understand all this grammer, na wah o

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:32am On Mar 04, 2018
sultaan:
From Tesla? No

Electric cars are the future in tandem with solar or nuclear power. It might be a century from now, but fossil fuel will go away

Meanwhile some goats are prospecting for oil in Chad Basin.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by RealGucci: 7:38am On Mar 04, 2018
whem will black man have sense
if white men can create 2.0 litre engjne
white men keep advancing
dev new technologies
black man keeps stealing and flying abroad to stash funds

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:39am On Mar 04, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

you are the goat. What exportable product is you and your father creating that brings foreign exchange into the country?

You criticize everything. Yet, if the government bans foreign imports, you go still cry say dem wan kill u..

Idiot.
If I hear u talk there again, I will...

15 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by kingreign(m): 7:41am On Mar 04, 2018
Aldebaran:
If dis engine can be twice as efficient as the conventional engine ,then I'm impressed cheesy
I just hope the electric water pump won't fail like that of BMW E90 3 series?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 04, 2018
Very nice

1 Like

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2018
RealGucci:
whem will black man have sense
if white men can create 2.0 litre engjne
white men keep advancing
dev new technologies
black man keeps stealing and flying abroad to stash funds

That's the irony we see.. Black man don't ever think only to chase women and make babies up and down.

The only dream I observed about the black man is that after finishing school,they pray for a job after that they get married and have children after that build house buy cars steal money and go for vacation... No thinking on how to advance!

14 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Chochovini: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
you are the goat. What exportable product is you and your father creating that brings foreign exchange into the country?

You criticize everything. Yet, if the government bans foreign imports, you go still cry say dem wan kill u..

Idiot.
If I hear u talk there again, I will...
Hey, where u? Come complete ur comment o, no keep us in suspence o. Ehen, go on, u will WHAT?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Kalman(m): 7:46am On Mar 04, 2018
A day with a Nigerian Mechanic... it will become the most thermally inefficient.
Trust me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by RealGucci: 7:48am On Mar 04, 2018
nor be lie o
Rolly83:

That's the irony we see.. Black man don't ever think only to chase women and make babies up and down.

The only dream I observed about the black man is that after finishing school,they pray for a job after that they get married and have children after that build house buy cars steal money and go for vacation... No thinking on how to advance!
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2018
GDI plus regular fuel injection.

A variable thermostat,

An electric water pump.

In the near future there will be no room for anyone who cannot read a repair manual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:57am On Mar 04, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

bro i feel your pain but seriously what the correlation here. toyota is a private company developing a car engine and Nigeria is a country that feels oil in the chad basin will create the necessary energy security that is needed to gather resources necessary to propel us to growth and development (assuming they have the best intentions for the coubtry) so please what are you angry about?

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by victorazy(m): 8:01am On Mar 04, 2018
no need radiator?
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by victorazy(m): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2018
RealGucci:
whem will black man have sense if white men can create 2.0 litre engjne white men keep advancing dev new technologies black man keeps stealing and flying abroad to stash funds
they only know how to dance and sex
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by 1x2x3: 8:08am On Mar 04, 2018
Making sense but I don't understand.
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 04, 2018
Interesting development.

Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2018
Rolly83:

and the only skill they advance at is at staying long during sex and how many women they conquered

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by RealGucci: 8:13am On Mar 04, 2018
d thing just tire me
Rolly83:

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by kenodrill: 8:33am On Mar 04, 2018
sultaan:
From Tesla? No

Bros are you a memory Guage Eng.?
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Macgreat(m): 8:53am On Mar 04, 2018
I like
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by shortgun(m): 8:53am On Mar 04, 2018
sultaan:

Toyota is almost the only car maker with V6 mid size sedan, all others are using turbocharged 4 cylinder engines. Toyota has no turbo in their mainstream models
You are wrong.
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

A variable thermostat,

An electric water pump.

In the near future there will be no room for anyone who cannot read a repair manual.
Lies... we'd just install a pencil engine

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 04, 2018
WinningSun:

and the only skill they advance at is at staying long during sex and how many women they conquered
Google *Lewis Howard Latimer
Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2018
Rolly83:

The first step to developing is to regionalise Nigeria. To enable positive and productive competition between the regions

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine by Inception(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

A variable thermostat,

An electric water pump.

The combination of GDI and MPI has been Toyota's solution to the malady of GDI engine. (2GR- FSE)
More like the best of both worlds in one engine.

This engine will definitely be a success based on this...

(1) (2) (Reply)

NMDPRA Confirms Supply Of Petrol With Methanol Above Specification / Japanese Government Expresses Interest In Nigeria’s Auto Industry / Michael Schumacher's Ferrari F2001 Sold For N2.8 Billion (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.