Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,360 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

* True Confession Brings Freedom * - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / * True Confession Brings Freedom * (244 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG" / Stephanie Otobo’s Lawyer Speaks On Her Confession Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

* True Confession Brings Freedom * by udopee(f): 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
*** CONFESSION, THE SECRET TO PRAYERS THAT BRINGS REVIVAL/CHANGE ***

Confession is a very important element in prayers, not just for those praying the sinner’s prayer for salvation, but for Christians in studying biblical accounts of reconciliation and making peace with Almighty God of Creation. When we make confession to God, we are not practicing charity, “NO.” We are only catering to our enlightened self interest. It cuts grief by half, and bitterness of heart.

Examples abound in the scripture such as;
 When Isaiah cried out, “I am undone” (Isaiah 6:5), that was when a live coal was taken from the altar and put on his lips. He proceeded to write one of the greatest books ever written.
 When David confessed his sin, the Lord had mercy on him. David found pardon and restoration when he said to God, “I acknowledge my transgressions and my sin is ever before me… (Psalm 51:3-4).
 Also, God heard wicked Ahab, husband of the notorious Jezebel when he humbled himself before God. (1 King 21:27-29).

The Scripture encourages confession of sins in the book of Romans 10:9-10, " That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

When Christians are broken over their sins and willing to confess and forsake them, revival reaches its greatest power and purity. Many of the world’s greatest revivals occurred when people mourned before God, confessed and forsake their sins. When we bare our souls before God, we can expect to see our prayers answered.

Furthermore, the devil who is the accuser of the brethren, one way for Christians to stay one step ahead of him is to confess their sins so that the devil will not have a chance to accuse them, thereby stealing or diverting their blessings from them…SHALOM!!!

# THOSE WHO CONFESSED THEIR SINS AND FAILURES HAD THE MOST POWER WITH GOD #

(1) (Reply)

Your Decision In The Race Of Life / The Key To God's Redemptive Mission / Signs Of The End Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.