Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin (1014 Views)

Help! My Experience With SARS Today! / S.africa-based Man Seen Being Assaulted By SARS, Today, At A Hotel In Ibadan / My Ugly Experience With SARS Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by TIDDOLL(m): 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
I Have had encounters with the Nigerian Police, most times at illegal checkpoints they set up along highways, but today it was totally different.
Ventured out to change my phone's battery, which has been a torture to my daily romance with my phone, getting to phone Phone Mart along Taiwo road I asked for the engineer, seeing is face I already knew he is the cankarworm type, asked how much he would help me change my battery ,then he uttered 4k. Collected my phone in an angry mood and went straight out, waved a bike, better I pay 3k at yemi's kiosk at Challenge than here, on getting to challenge, about lifting a leg off the bike, a green bus quickly took the spot in front of the bike.

Three Sars officers in their black ragged polo shirt, with no knowledge of gun handling approached me, "get into the bus one said"
I replied, why?? What is the problem??
We just want to ask you some questions
OK. To avoid embarrassement, I followed suit, telling them to take the lead as I followed with a Grin smile on my face.
I entered the bus, with apparently 2 officers already in, with the driver and the 3 who came out to usher me in,

And the drama started, one asked Me...
May we know you??
Where do you work?
Told them I just finished My Degree, awaiting Service, but an Intern at UVTH.
Different kind of unnecessary questions started dropping from their Visibly dry mouth.
Where are you from?
I replied... Kogi.
All this happened while the bus was in a traffic along union bank at post office
Immidiately my anger kicked in, I demanded to know why I have been apprehended illegally, what my offence is or are as it may be, In an angry manner I told them this is unruly, am I a criminal?? Do I look like one??
Then one replied, "them no dey write am for face".
Then I seemingly threanten them, brazingly, "you people will surely get yourself Into trouble today, I will make sure of that"....
Give me my phone, at least let me call someone that I have been arrested, Offcourse illegally!!
They refused me that.

With anger I gave a let out,
"what on earth is wrong with Nigeria, imagine, you people just picked me up for no reason just to Harras me"
Then the unruly fool sitting close to me shouted...

Shut up!! You think you are learned, see Ehhn...in Other countries, them they use computer track criminals, but here na we they do all the wahala, you no respect us, if you know shut up I go slap you!!
I gave a wicked laugh!!
Try am now i replied!!

Then I replied in the same manner, I have had opportunity to work with the National Park Rangers, who face much danger than you people and they aren't ill mannered like you policemen.

After all the heated minutes, exchanging words, the officer holding my phone, apparently disgusted with me not fidgeting, told me to get down and handed me my phone grumbling insultive words.
Oh my, I gave them the dose of all they said, Idiot and all... Told them I would make it a day's job to report them to their station....
In my own words...
" I will deal with you people".
In this few seconds, people already gathered asking questions..
Bro.. Wetin happen?
I could here murmurs, like na so them they do, Nigeria Don spoil finish.

Apparently, I wasn't their first victim. And I won't be the last, probably the next person will be beaten, manhandled, even killed. All thanks to the Federal Goverment of Nigeria!!

We make do of a mediocre police force,
What will it take to create a solid, civilised and law abiding police force!!!

What will it take to get Equipment and all logistics needed to have a World class and effective police force!!!
Until then...

The unlawful killings won't stop!!
Harassing civilians won't stop!!
And lots more
We need a Mordern Revolution in this country!!!
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by ifex370(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
TIDDOLL:
I Have had encounters with the Nigerian Police, most times at illegal checkpoints they set up along highways, but today it was totally different.
Ventured out to change my phone's battery, which has been a torture to my daily romance with my phone, getting to phone Phone Mart along Taiwo road I asked for the engineer, seeing is face I already knew he is the cankarworm type, asked how much he would help me change my battery ,then he uttered 4k. Collected my phone in an angry mood and went straight out, waved a bike, better I pay 3k at yemi's kiosk at Challenge than here, on getting to challenge, about lifting a leg off the bike, a green bus quickly took the spot in front of the bike.

Three Sars officers in their black ragged polo shirt, with no knowledge of gun handling approached me, "get into the bus one said"
I replied, why?? What is the problem??
We just want to ask you some questions
OK. To avoid embarrassement, I followed suit, telling them to take the lead as I followed with a Grin smile on my face.
I entered the bus, with apparently 2 officers already in, with the driver and the 3 who came out to usher me in,

And the drama started, one asked Me...
May we know you??
Where do you work?
Told them I just finished My Degree, awaiting Service, but an Intern at UVTH.
Different kind of unnecessary questions started dropping from their Visibly dry mouth.
Where are you from?
I replied... Kogi.
All this happened while the bus was in a traffic along union bank at post office
Immidiately my anger kicked in, I demanded to know why I have been apprehended illegally, what my offence is or are as it may be, In an angry manner I told them this is unruly, am I a criminal?? Do I look like one??
Then one replied, "them no dey write am for face".
Then I seemingly threanten them, brazingly, "you people will surely get yourself Into trouble today, I will make sure of that"....
Give me my phone, at least let me call someone that I have been arrested, Offcourse illegally!!
They refused me that.

With anger I gave a let out,
"what on earth is wrong with Nigeria, imagine, you people just picked me up for no reason just to Harras me"
Then the unruly fool sitting close to me shouted...

Shut up!! You think you are learned, see Ehhn...in Other countries, them they use computer track criminals, but here na we they do all the wahala, you no respect us, if you know shut up I go slap you!!
I gave a wicked laugh!!
Try am now i replied!!

Then I replied in the same manner, I have had opportunity to work with the National Park Rangers, who face much danger than you people and they aren't ill mannered like you policemen.

After all the heated minutes, exchanging words, the officer holding my phone, apparently disgusted with me not fidgeting, told me to get down and handed me my phone grumbling insultive words.
Oh my, I gave them the dose of all they said, Idiot and all... Told them I would make it a day's job to report them to their station....
In my own words...
" I will deal with you people".
In this few seconds, people already gathered asking questions..
Bro.. Wetin happen?
I could here murmurs, like na so them they do, Nigeria Don spoil finish.

Apparently, I wasn't their first victim. And I won't be the last, probably the next person will be beaten, manhandled, even killed. All thanks to the Federal Goverment of Nigeria!!

We make do of a mediocre police force,
What will it take to create a solid, civilised and law abiding police force!!!

What will it take to get Equipment and all logistics needed to have a World class and effective police force!!!
Until then...

The unlawful killings won't stop!!
Harassing civilians won't stop!!
And lots more
We need a Mordern Revolution in this country!!!

God bless you.. We will change this country for Good.. In Gods name we will
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by TIDDOLL(m): 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
Amen bro, Amen!!
ifex370:

God bless you.. We will change this country for Good.. In Gods name we will
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by Brightyone: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2018
I am fed up with this country. SARS and their wahala again
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by TIDDOLL(m): 8:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
I tell u bro, if I didn't give a stern rejection to their approach.... Dem go just they reason person anyhow
Brightyone:
I am fed up with this country. SARS and their wahala again
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by 2special(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2018
guess how l save numbers on my phone..the first number you will see...ASP Adebayo ASP Ibrahim Col Jimoh...etc Well they know the meaning Of ASP or Col...but have never have any encounter with them.
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by Bomoobacom(m): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
Baba this ones still dey play cool nah.......for osogbo here the mata dn turn full time job for them.....with der new buses(No more korope patrol) like dos assassin buses for hollywood movies wey no dy get window.......anybody dm pick no dy go freely
Re: My Experience With Sars Today In Ilorin by TIDDOLL(m): 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
Bomoobacom:
Baba this ones still dey play cool nah.......for osogbo here the mata dn turn full time job for them.....with der new buses(No more korope patrol) like dos assassin buses for hollywood movies wey no dy get window.......anybody dm pick no dy go freely
angry
I swear bro... Wahala dey diz naija...
Shii was real dat day..
Go dey give u full gist later!!

(1) (Reply)

“we Killed A Lot Of People When I Was In Pdp”-orji Uzor Kalu / Armed Robbers Regain Freedom After Being Arrested In Anambra. Photo / Photos: 4 Year Old Girl Seen Drinking Star Radler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.