Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Supernatural - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Supernatural (752 Views)

Simisola And Oranmiyan's Treasures (A Supernatural Fantasy) / Supernatural Story My Beast / Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supernatural by Sotonte1234: 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
SUPERNATURAL

I woke up from sleep panting and soaked in sweat. I had just had the most terrifying dream ever.

I hardly dream and when I do I almost never remember them at all, but this dream was vivid.

What was I going to do, how was I to tell my friend I had dreamt of her dying in a plane crash. No, it was just a dream. There was no way I was going to tell her that.

Monty was slated to travel to Spain the next day on an official duty, she had never travelled out of the country so this was going to be her first and she had prayed and worked her butt just to get this opportunity, there was no way I was going to ruin it by telling her about my dream.

After work, I went over to her place to help her pack, convincing myself that there was no use telling her, it was just a dream after all.

I greeted her mom as I went into her room where she was surrounded by heaps of clothes on her bed, on the floor, in fact her room was a total mess.

"Monty are you planning on going to live there forever? No be just one week?" I asked her

"Babe, no be everyday person dey travel comot for this country, if I fit live there self I no go mind."

"I no blame you, see your mouth like chewing stick." I said as I tried to crack her up but I was feeling nervous.

"Monty.."

"Yea babe."

"Do you believe in dreams?"

"I don't know, why do you ask?"

"Nothing, I just had this dream that a friend of mine was involved in an accident and I don't know whether to tell or not."

"All these dreams, I don't take them serious."

"Abi, let me help you with that." I said as I put the dream behind me. It was just a dream, nothing to take serious!

As soon as I got home I took a shower, ate and jumped on my bed, I slept off as I was just too tired.

It was dark when I woke up, I was panting and soaked in sweat just like yesterday, I had had the same dream about Monty.

Not again I thought. I usually don't dream how is it that I had the same dream two nights in a row and I remembered them clearly. I became scared to even get up from bed.

I knew I had to do something about this dream else I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to Monty.

Monty was slated to travel later in the evening. It was a weekend so I took the opportunity to meet with a friend whom I believed could help me.

I had met her in school, she had always said when she dreamt they usually come true so I had to tell her about mine.

I relayed the dream to her and told her they had occurred twice in a row, then she looked at me and said;

"If you love your friend, better tell her what you dreamt of, its better to be safe than sorry."

"But what if she doesn't believe me?" I asked worried

"At least you have done your part, its up to her."

I thought of what she said, this wasn't going to be an easy deal, Monty may think I don't want her to travel and see me as one bad belle.

I decided to take the risk, better safe than sorry like she said.

I immediately took off to Monty's place. She was packed and ready to leave for the airport. I helped her carry one of her bags as we headed for the car.

The driver drove her, her mom and I to the airport. Once she had secured her luggage at the check point, I pulled her aside and told her about the dream.

"Monty, I know this may sound weird but please don't take it the wrong way."

"What is it, hope there's no problem?" She asked

"No, noo. Monty, remember the dream I told you of, the one about a friend in an accident?"

"Yea, what about it?"

"Monty, it was you, I dreamt you were involved in a plane crash"

"God forbid." She said "Anita, don't tell me you take all these dreams serious."

"Monty, I had the same dream twice, at first I didn't see anything in it but after the second one I knew I couldn't keep it to myself."

"So what are you saying now, I should not travel?" She laughed "Babe, I will be fine, don't bother yourself, nothing is going to happen to me."

I hugged her tight before I watched her leave praying it wasn't our last...
Re: Supernatural by Cadec007(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
Following
Re: Supernatural by cyberprince8(m): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
Following
Re: Supernatural by Cadec007(m): 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
Still waiting for updates
Re: Supernatural by Oscilo1(m): 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Na wa ;DNa wa
Re: Supernatural by Sotonte1234: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
SUPERNATURAL (2)

All throughout the day I couldn't concentrate, I tried to find something to keep busy with at home but my mind kept on going back to my dream, the plane crash, Monty..

I all but kept back from scrolling through TV stations looking for news of any plane crash. I was so worked up I didn't realise when I dozed off.

I woke up from the couch as I stared at the TV screen and right there to my utter dismay was the breaking news.

A Swell View airplane had just crashed!

My heart was beating very fast as I stared on at the screen, I wasn't sure if it was the same plane Monty had boarded but I knew it was the same airline.

I picked up my phone and made a call through to Monty's mum but she wasn't picking up.

I went in to change in order to go to Monty's house, as I came out of my room I heard a knock on the door. I immediately went to find out who it was. On opening the door, my heart froze.

"Monty!!!" I screamed as I proceeded to hug her tight. "I thought you were.." I couldn't finish my sentence..

"Dead" She said as I released her.

"I saw the news of the plane crash.."

"I missed my flight, I remembered I forgot one of the documents I needed for the trip. Anita, can you imagine what would have happened if I had been on that plane?"

"I don't even want to imagine it." I said as I hugged her again.

"You were right Anita, your dream, the one you said you had, and I didn't listen to you." She said as she cried.

"Please don't cry Monty, we should be grateful you are alive, that's what matters."

"And here I was thinking you were jealous of me, I'm so sorry Anita, please forgive me."

"Monty, forget it, I'm not angry at you. I understand. What is important is that you are alive. What about your mum, does she know you are here?"

"No, not yet."

"Then we should go home, she must be worried" I said as I tried to locate her bags.

"Where are your bags?"

"Oh, I left them off somewhere, will go get them later."

"Oh, OK" I said. I wanted to ask her where she left them but I was too excited to see she was alive that I didn't bother.

We arrived at her place and to my surprise the door was wide open. I saw a few people gathered outside. As I stepped into the house, I saw even more people seated and some standing.

Then I saw Monty's mum on the floor crying.

"What is going on here?" I asked the woman standing beside me.

"You never hear?"

"Hear what?"

"Monty don die."

"What?!" I looked at her stupefied "Monty is not dead!"

I didn't know I had said it quite loud as it got the attention of Monty's mum.

She got up from the floor and came to meet me.

"What did you say?" She asked

"Monty is not dead, in fact we came here together." I said confidently.

"Where is she, where is my Monty?"

"She is here.." I said as I looked back.

Monty was no where around.

"Where is she?" I heard Monty's mum ask again.

"She..she was with me..." I stuttered. "She must be out front.." I said as I ran out to the gate. I looked out for the cab we came with but I couldn't find it, I searched around but still nothing. There was no sign of Monty.

I struggled to believe I had just been with a ghost. I looked over at Monty's mum feeling stupid and helpless.

Now I see why she didn't have any luggage..

How could this be, ghosts aren't suppose to be real. I must be dreaming, this can't be I thought as I screamed..

I got up with a jolt, my body quavering, my mouth shaking and my head on fire. It had all been a dream but it felt so real, all of it!

I was grateful for life, I couldn't imagine experiencing such a nightmare.

As I turned to get out of bed, my phone rang. I picked up the call as I heard the excitement of the caller at the other end.

"Anita, its me Monty, guess what?"

"What?" I asked not so excited

"My company just granted me an all expense paid trip to carry out a training in Spain, can you believe it! My dreams have come true Anita."

I was awestruck as I fell silent

This nightmare just began!
Re: Supernatural by Sotonte1234: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
Sorry it took this long to finish, been off for a while. Hope you enjoy it.
Re: Supernatural by Ann2012(f): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2018
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Ferocious (chapter One) / Messengers Of The Claypot / I Need A Good Creative Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.