Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Bitch Of A Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bitch Of A Life (508 Views)

When Karma Is Not A Bitch / 16 Notes On How To End A Life By Akachi Chukwuemeka. UNN Suicidal Student / Karma Is A Bitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bitch Of A Life by folabounce: 10:05am On Mar 03, 2018
its a short story, i hope someone likes it and maybe i would start something bigger here too. I am a fan of evry great writer on here.

It was a lovely saturday morning, woke up with the usual 'life is a bitch' thought, but like i always do i shrugged the feeling off, managed to get off my bed, wore my cloths and resumed my usual saturday level things.
Saturday is my favourite day of the week and i had two favourite places i always ensured i visited. The first and also the highlight of the day is the betshop, its not actually about the fact that i wake up every saturday morning living the possibilty of winning millions but end up most times sleeping a broke guy but its mostly about the sight of this calmly made damsel at the betshop that brings joy to my heart. She is funny, smart and cute. I have a thing for cute faces, i have this awkward definition of cuteness in my head and it has successfully negated whatever i used to think beauty was. She is so playful and always laughing or smiling even when flirting with her. She never frowns or nag at customer's comments even the stupid ones, she is thought to be the 'animashaun' kind of girl but i feel she is only free spirited, seeing her every saturday brings me enough joy that always do last all through the following week. Honestly but also sadly we have never had a reason to talk, being the introvert that i am coupled with my unreasonable shyness, i do find it difficult to even say hi to her, i have also never gone to her side of the counter to place my bet, always preferred the horrible looking guy right beside her whom i feel would be trying very hard to have a taste of her toto, the reason i do that is simple, so i can just steal a glance and bounce, totally believe i might run mad if i have my two eyes focused on her.

So this faithful saturday, having placed my bet as usual and prayed to the God of soccer to give Conte the right idea which would help him pumel manchester city or maybe get a draw because i did predict a win or draw for chelsea at some point and added the option of over 2.5 to it in another booking...

I moved on to the next place,it was the comunity school field to watch the saturday soccer sets , it had been my culture right from my university day even through youth service, i always do well to follow the local sport plus it was a reasonable place to pass time so i dont get to keep nagging at my stupidity when i peep at my placed bets considering i do feel i have made some very bad sporting decisions like thinking chelsea would get a draw against City at home fa, weyrey re o!! and also so i dont die of boredom just before the weekend games start.

After the saturday set , on my way going home saw my muse coming towards me, Omotojolalo is her name but people often call her Tojola, i almost entered into the ground, thought i would atleast get some courage and say the simplest of words, HI but my head just dey scatter at the sight of her, in my head i was like, 'God, why did you create me an introvert'. Hmmm, as she walked past me with my head down, i heard a thin voice say something, i couldnt hear what it was clearly and at the same time, my head had already started struggling with a lot of questions, could it be my Tojola talking? Is she talking to me or someone else? Wont i actually run mad bayi? Every possible question just kept rushing and my heart was palpitating. I think it was God sha because i managed to look up and lo and behold, it was my muse talking to me on this lovely saturday morning, she asked how old i was, i replied and said, 'twenty something sha', she shook her head was like and you are doing like a baby, give me your phone let me put my number just maybe you will be able to chat me up or call sometimes. I gave her my phone, She dailed her number, returned my phone and walked past me to where ever she was going initially.

I couldnt hold the joy and happiness inside me, jumped and danced to my apartment, i brought out my phone from my pocket, scrambled through my playlist looking for a song to celebrate my most satisfactory saturday morning, of my over 760 songs i couldnt find one that perfectly describe how i was feeling at the moment but i later settled for Yawa by Tecno, mostly concerned with the 'If you leave me Yawa go dey part' and changing the Monica to Tojola in my head, at that moment i started to think of what name to save her number with and then i agreed the safest place to save her number would be in my head, how hard can it be to cram an 11 digit number i said to myself? Cheap something, i said. Just then did i flipped to my call list to even see what her number was like and right there in the process i realized she typed just 10 digits of her number on my phone... I almost ran mad as expected.

'M'oku' was all i could scream out and i finally came to the conclusion that Life is trully a bitch...

(1) (Reply)

No Matter What, You'd Just Be Fine - Believe Me / My Friendship Story (A hilarious story of true and inspirational friendship) / Switching From Pharmaceuticals To Naturals For Pain-relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.