Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity (510 Views)

My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son / Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 03, 2018
Some of the world’s richest men like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have willed almost all their wealth to charity or humanitarian causes. Such acts of benevolence often leave some people wondering if the billionaires are doing so to ensure that their names remain on people’s lips or to sincerely leave the world a better place. But whatever the case is, Nairalanders what would u do if you discovered that your wealthy parents have willed all their wealth to charity and left none for you.
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 03, 2018
If to say na bill gate abi buffet born dj cuppy ni,her eye go don clear.
With all d nonsense dj she dey do with im papa wealth

1 Like

Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by OriginalKogiboy(m): 11:02am On Mar 03, 2018
its just to tell u to work hard for ur self. d only property or lagacy that he own u is your education. go and work ur own
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by krissconnect(m): 11:32am On Mar 03, 2018
Why will they will it to charity? If they're still alive whilst I discover, they'll rewill it to me shaperly. I can't leave my sperm comfort zone to suffer na undecided
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by haylegbede1(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2018
krissconnect:
Why will they will it to charity? If they're still alive whilst I discover, they'll rewill it to me shaperly. I can't leave my sperm comfort zone to suffer na undecided

Let me tell you why they will will it to charity.

Very simple reason:
Because it is their wealth, they worked for it without your input so they can do whatever to whatever they have.

So their wealth is not your wealth, you need to see yourself independently from them. After nursing up to become an adult and giving you education or probably start up capital i can barely see a parents further obligation to a child
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by krissconnect(m): 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2018
haylegbede1:

Let me tell you why they will will it to charity.

Very simple reason:
Because it is their wealth, they worked for it without your input so they can do whatever to whatever they have.

So their wealth is not your wealth, you need to see yourself independently from them. After nursing up to become an adult and giving you education or probably start up capital i can barely see a parents further obligation to a child
Why then did they bring me into the world? My parents wealth is my wealth and not charity's. Since they can't take it to the grave, they should have me get it. Why didn't they give birth to those in charity then? undecided
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by haylegbede1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
krissconnect:

Why then did they bring me into the world? My parents wealth is my wealth and not charity's. Since they can't take it to the grave, they should have me get it. Why didn't they give birth to those in charity then? undecided

Firstly, you cannot be sure if they brought you to this world or if you chose to come by yourself or if a god ordered you to come,,, you cannot be sure

Your parents wealth is not your wealth, of course you are entitled to enjoying a part of it but it is not yours. You cannot reap what you dont sow,, the fruit of their wealth is a result of their labor(seed) in the past so therefore they get to decide however they want to handle the harvest(like i said they are obligated to train you to become an adult with whatever wealth they have after then which you should be able to stand on your own)

Since they cant take it to the grave there are one thousand and one things they could do with their wealth apart from willing it to you, its their choice. A man at a certain stage should be a lone individual independent of his parents in thoughts,actions and deed

And you really dont know if all they wanted was a charity.
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by krissconnect(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
haylegbede1:

Firstly, you cannot be sure if they brought you to this world or if you chose to come by yourself or if a god ordered you to come,,, you cannot be sure

Your parents wealth is not your wealth, of course you are entitled to enjoying a part of it but it is not yours. You cannot reap what you dont sow,, the fruit of their wealth is a result of their labor(seed) in the past so therefore they get to decide however they want to handle the harvest(like i said they are obligated to train you to become an adult with whatever wealth they have after then which you should be able to stand on your own)

Since they cant take it to the grave there are one thousand and one things they could do with their wealth apart from willing it to you, its their choice. A man at a certain stage should be a lone individual independent of his parents in thoughts,actions and deed

And you really dont know if all they wanted was a charity.
So since am 17 yrs old with younger siblings, it's safe to say I should be able to cater for my siblings at this age? undecided
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by haylegbede1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
krissconnect:

So since am 17 yrs old with younger siblings, it's safe to say I should be able to cater for my siblings at this age? undecided

No, chill, thats not what i am saying.
Okay, i must confess that i have been talking to you like you are grown up, ddnt know you are younger.

Okay, truly, if your parents die(which i hope not) at this age you are in, it is necessary for them to will a portion of their wealth to you for your further development into adulthood while they are away.

Have it at the back of your mind that once you educated up to say a 1st or 2nd degree, yu should be looking to create your own wealth.

Peace my brother
Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by krissconnect(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
haylegbede1:

No, chill, thats not what i am saying.
Okay, i must confess that i have been talking to you like you are grown up, ddnt know you are younger.

Okay, truly, if your parents die(which i hope not) at this age you are in, it is necessary for them to will a portion of their wealth to you for your further development into adulthood while they are away.

Have it at the back of your mind that once you educated up to say a 1st or 2nd degree, yu should be looking to create your own wealth.

Peace my brother
I'm 22. Chill. Wanted to play along

1 Like

Re: If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity by haylegbede1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
krissconnect:
I'm 22. Chill. Wanted to play along

You got me there krissconnect.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Beat Any Of Your Parents For Whatever Reasons? / What's The Highest Money You've Got / 12 Rules For A Happy Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.