Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,554 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates (24783 Views)

How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job In Nigeria / How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job / Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by 400billionman: 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
myrrtle:

Hi there and hope we are all having a good weekend.

It's not my intention to reveal too much about my professional life, but if doing so will help someone, then it's not a bad thing.

Many people here know me as a recruiter and the web manager for Careersome. But aside that, I have a full-time job, working as a fullstack engineer and growing my career in that field.

As a career enthusiast and consultant, I do a lot of career research and self study to get enough information to talk about career stuffs and guide people. I also apply the things I've learnt to my own career. In doing this, I've learnt that LinkedIn is a very powerful tool that no serious job seeker or career person should neglect, even if you have a good paying job.

You know I keep my LinkedIn profile updated and any new skill I learn, I put it there. And of recent, I've been getting a lot of messages like this" You appeared in 42 searches this week

You were found by people from these companies"

The annoying thing is that these companies, not just Nigerian companies, keep viewing my profile and do not contact me.

But that changed this week when the representative of a top financial company messaged me with a job description. Almost begging me to apply and even gave me his phone number to call him if I wish to speak.

Regrettably, I did not apply for the job because they wanted a Neymar and I know deep down within that am still an Mbappé. And also because I am not ready to leave my present job.

But the story here is that employers are seriously looking for the right candidates to engage. And LinkedIn is one of the tools they are using to search for these candidates
Same experience here
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by einsteine(m): 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:
Bro, no big company staff get that time. na scammer dey call u so. u go tell us more latter

If you and your governor's are representative of Kogi people, then it's finished for that state.

1 Like

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by 400billionman: 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
Adadioranma79:
Not true, I have also had a similar experience where a company contacted me via her recruitment manager, only refused the offer cos of proximity of said company to my location. Sometimes a positive mindset works wonder, not all tree bear bad fruits.
Most people's minds have been warped. They forget that before you have a fake there is an original
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Kabaka100: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
koolg:

Short-sighted assertion
A worker with average salary of 10m per annum has 100m in 10 years while an entrepreneur may not even make 20m in same duration

Tell that to people like linda ikeji, Seun, Don jazzy, wizid, Dangote and etc. Being entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. If u like to feel safe in ur job, not adventurous and scared of financial uncertainties then being an entrepreneur is not for u. If most of these thief thief politicians are people that think like entreprenurs who are are adventurous, imagine what Nigeria would have been with all our wealth which they've stolen instead using it to facilitate things like tech and bio research etc.
Na because of lack entrepreural ability that will make someone to become a Yahoo boy, kidnapper or ritualist.
Think about it, without having an entrepreneurial mindset do you think you will have a platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, or Amazon?
Having the mindset if an entrepreneur is the only thing that can push us forward as a country or else na follow follow we go dey do for ever

2 Likes

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by myrrtle(m): 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
OluwaTobiloba03:

Lol I "saw"what you did, however subtle grin
lol you saw that! sharp girl.

1 Like

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Chumaskyx(m): 11:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
From my experience many companies now have archieves of Cv and applications on their table with photocopies of credentials to browse through..... Linkedin is fast becoming obsolete as other platforms are becoming more interactive
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Yesbody: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nairaland.com is also a very good place to find job, as a matter of fact, I got my 3rd job thru nairaland.com in 2013 and I've been greatful, looking forward to my 4th job to be gotten on nairaland.com

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Yesbody: 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
To ensure people are following, can I have 10 likes on this post, I want to reveal a top secret to you all about LinkedIn

11 Likes

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by ehix89(m): 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
ffo:

I got my current job through LinkedIn. Truth be told I can't the number of offers I have gotten through LinkedIn
Can you enlighten me on ways to make ones LinkedIn profile flashy, it seems there is something i'm not doing right at the moment. I will appreciate your response
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by ehix89(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yesbody:
To ensure people are following, can I have 10 likes on this post, I want to reveal a top secret to you all about LinkedIn

Actively following

1 Like

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by biz9ja(m): 12:26am On Mar 04, 2018
Thank you for this
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by ritualist: 7:25am On Mar 04, 2018
Kabaka100:

Tell that to people like linda ikeji, Seun, Don jazzy, wizid, Dangote and etc. Being entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. If u like to feel safe in ur job, not adventurous and scared of financial uncertainties then being an entrepreneur is not for u. If most of these thief thief politicians are people that think like entreprenurs who are are adventurous, imagine what Nigeria would have been with all our wealth which they've stolen instead using it to facilitate things like tech and bio research etc.
Na because of lack entrepreural ability that will make someone to become a Yahoo boy, kidnapper or ritualist.
Think about it, without having an entrepreneurial mindset do you think you will have a platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, or Amazon?
Having the mindset if an entrepreneur is the only thing that can push us forward as a country or else na follow follow we go dey do for ever

what happened, y mention me
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by zeke100(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2018
hardbody:

You are wrong. My last three jobs were from LinkedIn. I have turned town a few others since my last job that I am currently on. It so happens that after I read, people are looking at you on LinkedIn, within days, i receive mails through the box and on a few occasions calls. They almost always attach a JD once there is a contact with me

I've been active on LinkedIn for a while now, although I've seen job posts through the LinkedIn job application but I believe I've not been noticed enough maybe due to the fact that I don't want to abuse the platform by searching random names to connect with them.

Please, how have you been doing this that singled you out of the multitude of your peers on the platform. Thank you
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by ffo(m): 9:52am On Mar 04, 2018
ehix89:
Can you enlighten me on ways to make ones LinkedIn profile flashy, it seems there is something i'm not doing right at the moment. I will appreciate your response
I paid $20 to somebody to work on my resume, LinkedIn page and cover letter
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Spidermon: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2018
Yesbody:

I have given you 1 like.

I hope say na better thing you wan talk sha
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Benjom(m): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2018
Here is a sample of a well constructed LinkedIn Profile and testimonial: https://.com/linkedin-profile-makeover/

The fastest way to a new job is with a new and AWESOME CV. Here are catchy samples for your use: https://.com/cv-samples/
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Chyxki: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:
Bro, no big company staff get that time. na scammer dey call u so. u go tell us more latter

It's not true.... in the last seven months I've bn contacted directly twice, but I'm just biding my time so I can make the right move.
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Benjom(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2018
ehix89:

Here is a sample of a well constructed LinkedIn Profile and testimonial: https://.com/linkedin-profile-makeover/

The fastest way to a new job is with a new and AWESOME CV. Here are catchy samples for your use: https://.com/cv-samples/
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Spylord48: 11:40am On Mar 04, 2018
I studied chemistry but having searched for work without seeing,I decided to learn how to repair laptops, desktop, CPU, printers, software installations and troubleshooting. how do I incorporate these skills into my linkedin profile please.
cc Benjom
@myrrtle
@helphelp
etc.. please I need suggestions
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by hardbody: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
zeke100:

I've been active on LinkedIn for a while now, although I've seen job posts through the LinkedIn job application but I believe I've not been noticed enough maybe due to the fact that I don't want to abuse the platform by searching random names to connect with them.

Please, how have you been doing this that singled you out of the multitude of your peers on the platform. Thank you

Honestly I am still below the 500 mark, but i consciously accept invites from recruiters and headhunters. I specifically only seek their connections too, that way, the chain of their other links get to see me. That simple and i am not even on premium
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Redman44(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Spylord48:

I studied chemistry but having searched for work without seeing,I decided to learn how to repair laptops, desktop, CPU, printers, software installations and troubleshooting. how do I incorporate these skills into my linkedin profile please.
cc Benjom
@myrrtle
@helphelp
etc.. please I need suggestions

Hi, just the normal way you update your CV. Log into your LinkedIn account and go to your Profile. Go to the skills section and type in the skills you have acquired- fixing laptops, Desktops, software installment etc. It is not Rocket Science, My Brother. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:

My bro stop having that thought; I use to think that way ,but not anymore. I have heard and seen things. Be wise, take every opportunity you see.

1 Like

Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
laivwire:

This is savage. embarassed

LinkedIn actually presents such opportunities as I have witnessed in searches my profile came up on. The only problem is idle profiles do not get much exposure. Its not about updating alone, active contribution to posts, groups and causes also go a long way.

I recently figure that
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by helphelp: 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Redman44:

Hi, just the normal way you update your CV. Log into your LinkedIn account and go to your Profile. Go to the skills section and type in the skills you have acquired- fixing laptops, Desktops, software installment etc. It is not Rocket Science, My Brother. Cheers.

Thank you. That easy bro
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by holuphisayor(m): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
recruiting agencies use it.
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Kabaka100: 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
ritualist:

what happened, y mention me

Don't get ur question?
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by Spylord48: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
Redman44:

thanks so much
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by zeke100(m): 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
hardbody:

Honestly I am still below the 500 mark, but i consciously accept invites from recruiters and headhunters. I specifically only seek their connections too, that way, the chain of their other links get to see me. That simple and i am not even on premium

Thank you Sir, I'm below a 50 sef... I definitely have a whole lot of things to do
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by hardbody: 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
zeke100:

Thank you Sir, I'm below a 50 sef... I definitely have a whole lot of things to do

You will get there.
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by ehix89(m): 9:20am On Mar 05, 2018
ffo:

I paid $20 to somebody to work on my resume, LinkedIn page and cover letter
Interesting, he must have given your profile a master's touch. I would like to add you up on Linkedin if you don't mind, you inbox me your username please?
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by BelovedN(f): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
myrrtle:

Hi there and hope we are all having a good weekend.

It's not my intention to reveal too much about my professional life, but if doing so will help someone, then it's not a bad thing.

Many people here know me as a recruiter and the web manager for Careersome. But aside that, I have a full-time job, working as a fullstack engineer and growing my career in that field.

As a career enthusiast and consultant, I do a lot of career research and self study to get enough information to talk about career stuffs and guide people. I also apply the things I've learnt to my own career. In doing this, I've learnt that LinkedIn is a very powerful tool that no serious job seeker or career person should neglect, even if you have a good paying job.

You know I keep my LinkedIn profile updated and any new skill I learn, I put it there. And of recent, I've been getting a lot of messages like this" You appeared in 42 searches this week

You were found by people from these companies"

The annoying thing is that these companies, not just Nigerian companies, keep viewing my profile and do not contact me.

But that changed this week when the representative of a top financial company messaged me with a job description. Almost begging me to apply and even gave me his phone number to call him if I wish to speak.

Regrettably, I did not apply for the job because they wanted a Neymar and I know deep down within that am still an Mbappé. And also because I am not ready to leave my present job.

But the story here is that employers are seriously looking for the right candidates to engage. And LinkedIn is one of the tools they are using to search for these candidates

Hello! I have read a lot about how useful LinkedIn is and have been advised to open a LinkedIn profile but I have been hesitant to do so because I do not have much work experience. I interned for one month in a firm and also worked during NYSC like everyone else. My NYSC job though, had no link with the career path I want to pursue, so, I don't see it as a really relevant work experience.

Is it advisable for graduates who are yet to get their first real jobs to create LinkedIn profiles? Is it enough to only list one's skills and theoretical knowledge?
Re: Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates by myrrtle(m): 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
BelovedN:

Hello! I have read a lot about how useful LinkedIn is and have been advised to open a LinkedIn profile but I have been hesitant to do so because I do not have much work experience. I interned for one month in a firm and also worked during NYSC like everyone else. My NYSC job though, had no link with the career path I want to pursue, so, I don't see it as a really relevant work experience.

Is it advisable for graduates who are yet to get their first real jobs to create LinkedIn profiles? Is it enough to only list one's skills and theoretical knowledge?
yes sure! I created mine in my 3rd year in school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Screenshots Of My Conversation With A Chinese Recruiter Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.