Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Falz Premieres First Ever Music Concert Movie Nationwide (photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falz Premieres First Ever Music Concert Movie Nationwide (photo) (439 Views)

Flavour Thrills Fans At Sold-out Music Concert In New York / Davido Celebrates His Sold Out Music Concert In Lagos / Falz Premieres First Ever Music Movie Concert Nationwide (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Falz Premieres First Ever Music Concert Movie Nationwide (photo) by G1STM0RE: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
GistMore.com

Nigerian rapper, actor, and songwriter, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz has premiered his debut cinematic production Falz Experience: The Movie to the delight of his teeming fans.

The movie, which premiered at the cinemas nationwide on Friday March 2, is a platform to showcase the success of Falz’s 2017 end of the year concert, regarded by some as the best music concert in modern Nigerian history.

Judging by the movie trailer, the movie delivers an exciting cinematic experience to millions of movie lovers across the country.

“The movie is a follow-up to my last concert which was a massive success. It is also the first ever music concert movie adaptation produced in Nigeria where fans get to once again experience all the fun and excitement from the Falz Experience,” said Falz.

In the movie, Falz acts multiple characters, featuring in separate scenes as a preacher, a waiter, a lawyer, and a musician.

In each scene, he appears to have run into some kind of trouble through which he provides comic relief to the viewers.
Speaking with our correspondent at the private screening of the movie at iMax Cinema, Lekki, Lagos recently, Falz narrated the inspiration behind the unique concept of the movie.

“Before the concert, I had worked on a short film which was then showed at the event; as a prequel to the show. Everything that happened at the event was all scripted. There was a storyline and everything – the event itself was a movie,” Falz said.

“So, a combination of the short film which was the prequel, everything being merged together is what is being shown as “Falz Experience: The Movie.” It’s the first of its kind, it has never been done before. I don’t think any artist or actor has been able to successfully merge both film and music in one experience,”he added.

Falz is no stranger to the TV screens.

He played the character of Segun in Jenifa’s Diary; a role for which he won the “Best Actor in a Comedy” award at the 2016 AMVCA and AFRIMA’s “Best Male in West Africa Award” 2017.

Falz Experience: The movie is written by Damilola Elebe, and distributed by Filmone.

The movie features Falz alongside Bisola Aiyeola, Adunni Ade, and Frank Donga among others.
On the choice of cast, Falz said: “I wanted to cast people that I have personally always been a fan of, people I have worked with in the past, and people that I also believe will make this project worth watching.”

BY GISTMORE https://www.gistmore.com/falz-premieres-first-ever-music-concert-movie-nationwide

Re: Falz Premieres First Ever Music Concert Movie Nationwide (photo) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
I wish him the best and more success..
one of the most humble and down to earth Nigeria musician..

(1) (Reply)

Miss Niger Delta 2001 Carol Alfred Celebrate Her Birthday / Between Yung6ix And Fan After Saying There Is No Peace In A Serious Relationship / Bbnaija: See Results Of This Week's Voting Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.