Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,895 members, 7,841,361 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor (1918 Views)

Why I Abandoned Music For Mass Communication – Korede Bello / Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family / Actress Bukola Adeeyo Finally Reveals The Father Of Her Child...[pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by reportnaija(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2018

Popular Nigerian musician, Kas, quit the music industry in the latter part of 2017 to become a pastor. This shocked so many of his fans, but the Fimile crooner has come out to explain why decided to become a man of God.

The singer however described himself as a prostitute while explaining how he transited from the music making craft to the altar.

“Yes, I’m receiving the anointing from the Holy Spirit, real talk, it’s no joke. I don’t know when people will believe I’m saying the truth. The thing is when you have been called people find it hard to believe. I’m an ashawo musician, I’m not an afro-beat artiste; I always say it that I’m an ashawo musician”, he said.

Kas then mentioned that abandoning music to become a pastor was as a result of a covenant he made with God during childhood.

“When I was 7-years old I made a covenant with God that if He can make me a popular musician, in return I will serve Him. God did his part and I became a popular musician but in return I was running.

Six pastors at six different times told me that I’m supposed to be a pastor. After a while my mom told me that if God really called me He would reveal Himself to me in a dream. It was like a joke but God later revealed Himself to me and I saw everything from the beginning of the ministry to what it would end up being”, he said.

Speaking on if he would maintain the kind of lifestyle he led before becoming a minister of God, he shocked Showtime with his response.

“There is a chapter in the Bible where Jesus went to Mathew, the tax collector’s house. And going to his house is like going to a strip club. People criticized Jesus for going to a place like Mathew’s house because it was a place of sin. But Jesus told them he came to the world to die for sinners and not the saints, a reason went there.

If Pastor Adeboye goes to a bar or a club today, I guarantee you that more than 20-people would follow him, wanting to give their lives to God. As a pastor, preaching all the time in your church is not the real calling. A church is a group of people not the physical building.

I dare Pastors Adeboye, Ashimolowo, Okotie, Oyakhilome, and others to go to bars or clubs and preach, the people will give their lives to Christ even more than when you just tell them to come to church and give tithes else you will die. It’s a lie, if you don’t pay your tithe you won’t die”, he concluded.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/03/03/kas-finally-reveals-abandoned-music-become-pastor/

cc lalasticlala

Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
I am a Christian too but kas or SAS or whatever his name is reeks of misplace priorities..

I'm not doubting if he is genuine but going to night clubs and bars to preach the gospel is like going to a place where prostitutes work and preaching against sex..

I believe the owners won't be happy and can even sue the preacher..

The church is known as the house of God.

those that are ready to be saved should locate the church..

1 Like

Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by Ekiseme(m): 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
DrinkLimca:
I am a Christian too but kas or SAS or whatever his name is reeks of misplace priorities..

I'm not doubting if he is genuine but going to night clubs and bars to preach the gospel is like going to a place where prostitutes work and preaching against sex..

I believe the owners won't be happy and can even sue the preacher..

The church is known as the house of God.

those that are ready to be saved should locate the church..
undecided
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by LesbianBoy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
After fvcking lots of babes my guy don turn 'pasta' grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2018

“When I was 7-years old I made a covenant with God that if He can make me a popular musician, in return I will serve Him. God did his part and I became a popular musician but in return ..."

angry

☣ ☠

So God made you a popular "hip hop" singer?
Grand Jokes!

☣ ☠
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by 007author(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
Typical example of a one hit wonder. after Fi mi le what else? Kas should go and fvck himself for all I care.
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by chriskosherbal(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
Anybody can be called after all Paul in the bible who was formerly called Saul was a slayer of Christians but encountered God and turnout to be on the greatest apostle ever known .....he wrote almost 2/3rd of the new testament. .even those who ate and walked with Jesus didn't do much like Paul..

God can use anybody .

Go Kas .. .
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by itspzpics(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
Lol.... I seee
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by MhizzAJ(f): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
There's money in the ministry afterall cheesy
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by Nutase: 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
in Hebrew.
Re: Singer Kas Finally Reveals Why He Abandoned Music To Become A Pastor by terrezo2002(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
How can God make you popular in signing songs for the devil. What kind of Christian is he? no wonder people still doubt him

(1) (Reply)

#BBNaija : Checkout Shirtless Picture Of Teddy A Without Dreadlocks / Juliet Ibrahim Literally Affirms Breakup Rumours With Cryptic Sunday Post / Don Jazzy Show Off His Beautiful Ride In New Adorable Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.