Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger (24904 Views)

Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Angry Manager Sarri Finally Reveals Why Arsenal Beat Chelsea 2 – 0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by stano2(m): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by aieromon(m): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Wenger must stay!

2 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by UncleSnr(m): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Boycott their matches and they will sack that idiot.

It is the fans that own the club (wish they know that).

2 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by quickly: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
maclatunji:
By Kurtis Adigba

Football, is first and foremost, a business, no longer an entertainment stuff. Investors in football, like business people in other sectors, are driven primarily by profits, not necessarily pride. Profit is first, pride is second.

We have 3 or more classes of owners of football clubs:

1. The profit driven owners;
2. The profit and passion driven owners; and,
3. The passion driven owners.

The passion driven owners are daily thinning out because as we all know, football is a capital intensive venture. The high costs of buying players and their astronomical wages, makes it difficult to own and run a football team in the premiership, as a thing of passion.
The fans, are primarily concerned about pride, passion, and bragging rights, but the owners, are driven by profits and the bottom line. One could argue that profits will be enhanced by pride and trophies but profitability, does not depend sorely on pride and trophies.

Many Arsenal fans are calling for the sack of Wenger, and it is fair to say that they are entitled to their views. But the owners of the club, will not sack Wenger, or release him to go merely on fans dissatisfaction. They will be considering Wenger’s contributions to the profits and bottom lines of the company, his impact on the brand, his payout or severance package, available options, and the quality of his successor. They are very few managers available today that are better than Wenger. The wage demands of the new manager, and his buyout cost, if currently engaged, are major considerations for the owners and the Board.

If you are thinking that Arsene Wenger will be sacked because of your needs to be happy and brag about your team, have a re-think. It takes more than passion and pride, to run a team.

Wenger, is much more pained than anyone about what is happening. Last night, he was a total wreck emotionally. He is going through a rough patch no doubt, but he deserves to be respected and not booed. He has done so much for Arsenal!

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/arsenal-will-not-sack-arsene-wenger/

If he was Chelsea coach dem for don sack am long time.
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by PSTEMMA1960(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
lowcostFarmer:
@Op I agree with some of your points, but to say that the fans passion and pride is not enough to sway the board into relieving Wenger of his duty is total Bull Shit. Wait until there is no one buying tickets to come see their matches. then you'll know the real power the fans have got.
their last match with mancity did u see how empty the stadium was?even the few fans who came could nt stay still the end..

2 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Arsenalholic(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
This guy definitely isn't an Arsenal fan and has not been reading Arsenal news from "hardcore" sources since Sunday.

For me I live, breath and eat Arsenal -- it's sought of a family tradition. And I have been reading about Arsenal news from sources like the Dailymail, Independent, IBtimes and Arsenal sources like Daily Cannon, Arseblog etc.

The general agreement is that Wenger has lost the dressing room. And should he fail to qualify for the Champs league by winning the Europa Lg he will get the boot.

So forgot your theory.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by smirn(m): 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
LaCruzz:
This man needs to go..wenger out!
Wetin concern una? Nigerians self, una want Buhari to go and also want wenger to go. Una own nor pass say make person go like say una go fit do the job. Nor be una employ wenger abi na vote una vote am. OK, keep your pvc wenger must go this year. Yeye people from yeye country.
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Coldfeets: 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
Arsene wenger is a dead man walking.

He is an old uncle that has refused to leave after the party is all over.

He should quietly throw in the towel.

That is the only saving grace he should pursue.

Enough is enough biko. undecided
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by agukayode(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
The Era Of Wengernism Shud Be Over

2 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by emmyclassic(m): 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Arséne Mugabe has refused to retire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
Wenger is the Arsene of Arsenal.
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
I stand with Wenger.

1 Like

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by onenaija001(m): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
maclatunji:
Yes, Arsene Wenger is doing a great job at Arsenal. Let him finish his contract.
If I look you two times....

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Kotodoctor: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
NeeKlaus:
Excuse me, please! He has done so much? Didn't Ferguson do so much (or even more than) during his time? Yet he knew when to step down. Gave United their 20th trophy and took a well deserved bow.

A reasonable person should know that an exit is best when the ovation is at its loudest. He won the F.A cup in emphatic fashion last season, trouncing the Blues thoroughly in the final. A wise person would know that is the best time to end an illustrious career.

But No! Wenger just has to be so adamant and the Board members are not even helping matters, letting financial gains becloud their senses of reasoning. Wenger just has to be sacked at the end of this season for the good of that club and trust me, AC Milan will wallop Arsenal next week without sympathy. That is when that entire club will know it's finally time to let Wenger take a walk and consider someone else.

Nonsense!

If all board members think like you...well.

One thing wenger has succeeded in doing, is make us think we are a champion Winnin team. Ask your self, in a competitive transfer market, who can arsenal outbid? Chelsea, mancity, united..if you are honest with yourself, you will say we are probably fourth right? Well that's were we actually belong in realitiy. Fourth.
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by ogunmourinho(m): 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
cheesy arsene Wenger to get life contract
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by halfbloodprince(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
he's got Stan Kroenke's nude pics na

2 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Gebbson007(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
Give Wenger time and he will build Arsenal. The man is just being criticised unfairly.

1 Like

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by olapink: 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
Sithole fans buying ticket to watch Sithole football. @op, if I pray for Wenger to die of sudden heart attack and he truly die, will arsenal not appoint another coach to replace him? what I hate to hear is d Sithole u all keep saying. who will replace Wenger. who was Wenger wen arsenal sign him?
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by leospruce(m): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Is it just me arsene wenger and buhari look alike both height greed face slim etc
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
NOt qualifying for Europe and going trophyless won't guarantee profit. The fans make the club not the board. Profits ar3 on a decline already.

1 Like

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by RichardKajola(m): 5:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
I kind of agree with your points but the owners have to know that the brand arsenal is gradually declining and that will affect their bargaining power for sponsorships, top players will no longer like to come and so on. so in the long run- which might be in the near future- the profits will go down

3 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Smooyis(m): 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
Let the fans keep away from the emirate stadium and all the match venues, then the board will know that they are in for something shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Finest6: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
The reason why some unrealistic people are supporting Wenger is because they don't like Arsenal, dis man has been being coaching Arsenal for the past 21years and yet he has nothing to show for it. If u say Wenger makes profit for Arsenal den my question is 'Is Arsenal d richest Club in the world? Arsenal fans have lost confidence in dis man and we need to try another coach, he's old and expired brain can't win EPL again. It has become normal norms to lose against big teams like Barca, Bayern, Man City, and at least we must conced 3goals.

3 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Spuggie: 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
Be rest assured, Wenger will be sacked in May

1 Like

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by Dsov2016: 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
NeeKlaus:
Excuse me, please! He has done so much? Didn't Ferguson do so much (or even more than) during his time? Yet he knew when to step down. Gave United their 20th trophy and took a well deserved bow.

A reasonable person should know that an exit is best when the ovation is at its loudest. He won the F.A cup in emphatic fashion last season, trouncing the Blues thoroughly in the final. A wise person would know that is the best time to end an illustrious career.

But No! Wenger just has to be so adamant and the Board members are not even helping matters, letting financial gains becloud their senses of reasoning. Wenger just has to be sacked at the end of this season for the good of that club and trust me, AC Milan will wallop Arsenal next week without sympathy. That is when that entire club will know it's finally time to let Wenger take a walk and consider someone else.

Nonsense!

Truth of the matter is even if arsenal employs a coach of the like of guardiola, mourinho et all they would not perform up to the level of Wenger at arsenal. arsenal is in debt due to the emirates stadium. During the early 2000s when arsenal was winning trophies, the Highbury stadium could no longer contain fans esp after FA ruling on standing areas in stadia because of the tragedies. Thus, seats at Highbury became astronomical to purchase, so arsenal started bleeding fans and they required a new stadium. This put arsenal in a huge quandary as they did not have enough money for a stadium, so they had to float a bond The board met with Wenger and it is believed he proposed two solutions 1. they keep their stars and hope they keep winning trophies or 2. they sell most of their stars, try to keep qualifying for Europe and reaching at least the round of 16 so they have enough money, they invest in their academy and young players - try to raise the profile of these players and sell them for a higher price, reach at least a suitably high position in the league so they can continue to keep their fans. if the second option was chosen, Wenger would have to sacrifice his reputation and focus heavily on finances rather than football but in return he would have job security. I think you can infer which choice was made by the board. its why he offloaded several of his stars like viera, senderos and the rest. its also why he focuses heavily on young talent and why they usually lose several high profile targets in the transfer market. so tell me can you think of any coach who would accept such a handicapped job
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by fippycbk(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
Arsenalholic:
This guy definitely isn't an Arsenal fan and has not been reading Arsenal news from "hardcore" sources since Sunday.

For me I live, breath and eat Arsenal -- it's sought of a family tradition. And I have been reading about Arsenal news from sources like the Dailymail, Independent, IBtimes and Arsenal sources like Daily Cannon, Arseblog etc.

The general agreement is that Wenger has lost the dressing room. And should he fail to qualify for the Champs league by winning the Europa Lg he will get the boot.

So forgot your theory.

No be everything you go quote. I just ignored the
OP's writeup. Wenger is getting the boot whether he lifts that trophy or not. His job is under review for the first time in 22 years.

2 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by osazsky(m): 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
Wenger still remains our best coach,look at what he has done for us, he is d best coach in d world
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by encryptjay(m): 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
Wenger is a strong man.
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by soliddust2020: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
Arsene wenger is doing a fantastic job at arsernal. Gunners fans should be patient and give him more time.
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by iamabundance(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
... Because they are waiting for Portmouth to claim premier League title before they can realize they are fools with stupid board members. Who is the longest serving PML manager after Sir Alex Ferguson?
Re: Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger by iamabundance(m): 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
soliddust2020:
Arsene wenger is doing a fantastic job at arsernal. Gunners fans should be patient and give him more time.

Really... Do you know how many years this man is in charge of this club?

Fantastic job ke.

You get mind talk this bros

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid Sign Camavinga On Six Year Deal / Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / Frank Onyeka Voted Player Of The Season In Denmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.