Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify (813 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Now Paying For Uber And Taxify With S*x And Bjs- Twitter Users / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) / Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by McDoe(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
E-hailing partner drivers to the two foremost e-hailing apps companies, Uber and Taxify have expressed disappointment over the way they are being treated by the two companies likening their situation to neocolonialism and modern day slavery. "We work 2/4/7 with nothing to show for it" because fare prices have been slashed by 40% while they(app companies) left their commission untouched, what rubbish!" exclaimed one of them.
You will recall that while other service providers are increasing prices as a result of running costs, Uber decided to slash prices of fares without consulting their driver partners just because they wanted to woo riders at the detriment of the drivers. The drivers considered the development as imposition and smacks of deliberate attempt not only to belittle them but continuously put them in state of poverty. "They didn't even consult with us. What is the essence of the partnership if decision are one way" ? Or have they forgotten that most people in the business are full-time investors and well educated? they queried.
Late last year, BRT increased their fare between 15-25% owing to overhead/maintenance costs. Just last month toll fees in Lagos were jerked up by LCC attributing the development to running costs as well.
As it stands, the driver partners are not leaving any stone unturned in order to reclaim what they described as their 'lost glory'

1 Share

Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by McDoe(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
The truth is that these guys do not sleep and they are complaining that the work is no more paying. They maintain their own cars, they fuel, buy data and units for calls.
Before the advent of Uber, a ride from Domestic Airport to Lekki used to be between 4500-6000. But now and in some cases, it is between N1500 and N2300 (toll fee inclusive)
Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by Slimshai2012: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
The truth is "the day a man realizes his problems,its half-solved" ...and now the driver partners have all resolved that its truly a big problem both coys are tossing at them and laughing, so they have also resolved to fight back tooth and nail,even legally and spiritually, to make sure all things are put back truly where they belong
..well, if done appropriately ,they might be smiling pretty soon,if not,an afraid ,this might be another story like the ones gone I'm the past in other industries..
...i rest my case...

1 Like

Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by dotclean: 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2018
Personally, I don't understand the business again. Power lies in the hands of partner drivers. Say NO to modern slavery!

2 Likes

Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by McDoe(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
dotclean:
Personally, I don't understand the business again. Power lies in the hands of partner drivers. Say NO to modern slavery!

Stating the obvious. Neocolonialism in disguise. In any case, the power truly lies with the Driver Partners. They should make the best use of such power
Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by dru23(m): 2:09am On Mar 04, 2018
McDoe:
The truth is that these guys do not sleep and they are complaining that the work is no more paying. They maintain their own cars, they fuel, buy data and units for calls.
Before the advent of Uber, a ride from Domestic Airport to Lekki used to be between 4500-6000. But now and in some cases, it is between N1500 and N2300 (toll fee inclusive)

O boy... were did you get your information from. I just spoke to one of my guys that drives. He made 68k in four days, and the reason he could not drive this weekend coz of car issues. Please let us do our due diligence in our findings. And I keep saying this. These is the reason the rich mingles with the rich. My brother seek advice from people that are doing well. Look at both side of the matter. Surround yourself with people that are doing it good and better. And hopefully their luck will rub on you. Did you read how gazzuz posted his earnings on Friday. Just casual three trips he made like 10k . Does he have three heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by McDoe(m): 4:58am On Mar 04, 2018
dru23:

O boy... were did you get your information from. I just spoke to one of my guys that drives. He made 68k in four days, and the reason he could not drive this weekend coz of car issues. Please let us do our due diligence in our findings. And I keep saying this. These is the reason the rich mingles with the rich. My brother seek advice from people that are doing well. Look at both side of the matter. Surround yourself with people that are doing it good and better. And hopefully their luck will rub on you. Did you read how gazzuz posted his earnings on Friday. Just casual three trips he made like 10k . Does he have three heads.

Guy, you are getting it wrong. The fact that someone told you he made 68k does not make it a regular occurrence. He should consider it as the miracle of the month for himself because, apart from being a rider, I am also a part time driver partner. And I also know dozens of these Driver partners and I interface with them regularly; so I know their pains. You can even do your own research on this matter.
The work is not easy, and the only way for these people to be committed and comfortable doing this job is to look into their grievances with the hope to correcting whatever they feel is wrong otherwise, it is a case of monkey dey work while bamboo dey chop. Period!
Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by dru23(m): 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
McDoe:

Guy, you are getting it wrong. The fact that someone told you he made 68k does not make it a regular occurrence. He should consider it as the miracle of the month for himself because, apart from being a rider, I am also a part time driver partner. And I also know dozens of these Driver partners and I interface with them regularly; so I know their pains. You can even do your own research on this matter.
The work is not easy, and the only way for these people to be committed and comfortable doing this job is to look into their grievances with the hope to correcting whatever they feel is wrong otherwise, it is a case of monkey dey work while bamboo dey chop. Period!
My brother my brother. This is another example how the rich mingles with the rich. Maybe better yet , the ones that don't known ask questions. Now if you really wanted to do it and help yourself. The first thing you would have done is to ask questions. You could have easily say, Mr. Man this your guy that did 68k in 4days can you give me is contact. So that I can ask for advice. It cost you nothing bro .

Now back to the matter. My guy that made 68k in four days. He has been a uber driver now for almost two years. He tells me it's not like before. That you have to move around, he said he has a plan . I spoke to him this morning, he said there is surge now on uber as he speaking to me now. But his car is down. He even told me one guy posted on nairaland that he is Vi now no request at 9am . He said most people would have been in the office now. He now advice him to drive towards landmark venue. There is always an event there. The driver proceeded and he got a request. Bro, ask questions do your findings. Don't be lazy bro, think seek for answers ask questions. Don't digest what people tell you without doing your our research. Move with people that are doing better. Ask them what makes you succeed
Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by dru23(m): 4:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
McDoe:

Stating the obvious. Neocolonialism in disguise. In any case, the power truly lies with the Driver Partners. They should make the best use of such power

Power lies in the hands of people that use their brain. Powers lies in the hands of people that are willing to ask questions. Power lies with people that mingle with people that are successful.
Re: No To Modern Day Slavery Say Drivers Partners To Uber And Taxify by McDoe(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Whether you make it look very lucrative or not, if there are no issues, those guys will not be out protesting against the poor state of the business now.

I will also advice you to ask other drivers apart from your friend whom you so trust for information in the business

(1) (Reply)

$496m Fighter Jets: Finally, Buhari Formally Seeks Senate Approval For Purchase / 2018 Shoprite Job Vacancies -apply For Shoprite South Africa Now / Biography Of Nigerian On Air Personality, Gbemi Olateru-olagbegi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.