Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? (1245 Views)

You Will Be Arrested If Caught Using Fireworks – Police Warn / Nigerian Man Killed After His Filipino Wife Alleged That He Is A Criminal / Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by sunnymighty(m): 5:45am On Mar 04, 2018
My sisters and I paid a man to fix aluminium windows on a building going to 3 years now, I saw him briefly last December and warned him of the implication, now he is on the run. We just discovered the wife's location. Can the wife be arrested for this fugitive to come out of his hiding?
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by onward4life(m): 5:54am On Mar 04, 2018
If he is a serial runaway criminal!

And she Knowingly benefits @times from those proceeds

Maybe for Obstruction of Justice!!
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by Iseoluwani: 6:00am On Mar 04, 2018
sunnymighty:
My sisters and I paid a man to fix aluminium windows on a building going to 3 years now, I saw him briefly last December and warned him of the implication, now he is on the run. We just discovered the wife's location. Can the wife be arrested for this fugitive to come out of his hiding?

Yes
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by charles2044: 6:01am On Mar 04, 2018
NO, the. Wife. Can only be arrested if it's a high criminal case for. Example Kidnapping and when the court of law has declared the person wanted and Murder. This are crimes has no status of limitations.
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by thesicilian: 6:25am On Mar 04, 2018
You can't arrest an innocent person. But if you have evidence she knows her husband's whereabouts and is refusing to release the info, or that she connived with her husband to scam you, then you can go ahead to arrest her.
The ideal thing to do here is get someone to watch her, she'll most likely lead you to the husband unknowingly.
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by kabrud: 6:32am On Mar 04, 2018
If it is suspected that she is aware of his activities and will assist in tracking the runaway criminal, I think it is okay, I am not a legal practitioner though, before some pocket lawyers go burst my mention with legal terms. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by kabrud: 6:36am On Mar 04, 2018
thesicilian:
You can't arrest an innocent person. But if you have evidence she knows her husband's whereabouts and is refusing to release the info, or that she connived with her husband to scam you, then you can go ahead to arrest her.
The ideal thing to do here is get someone to watch her, she'll most likely lead you to the husband unknowingly.
Intelligent point. Do you work with SSS?
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by Nutase: 6:53am On Mar 04, 2018
Unless she is an accomplice

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by Young03(m): 7:01am On Mar 04, 2018
just squeeze 10k give police
them go even arrest her pikin join
this is Nigeria
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by AntiWailer: 7:22am On Mar 04, 2018
It is not right to arrrest the wife.

Just track him with the wife's movenent.
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:54am On Mar 04, 2018
pls my advice to you should be taken...leave the wife alone....attimes most wives knows nothing about what their so called husbands do outside their homes dis days....some may know and advice the husbands to finish the job but they will not listen..if you arrest the wife, dnt be surprise the man may not show up...so let it go n bear ur search light more on finding the man and arresting him...you known the location of the wife, track n trace him from here, he will come to visit his wife someday, then you grab him...pls don't arrest the woman...alot of them have suffered in the hands of their husband's for what they knew nothing about
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by sunnymighty(m): 10:27am On Mar 04, 2018
thesicilian:

Yea, somebody arrested his wife recently for the same offense, he came out of hiding to finish his work.
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by Arif4275412(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
According to every law, no innocent person can be arrested for the crime that he has not committed. So if a criminal is on the run and he is wanted by police or any authorities then it is not the fault of his wife and the wife of any criminal cannot be arrested for the crimes of her husband. If the police is sure that she knows some information about her husband and she is not helping the police then wife can be arrested but in this case, police needs some strong evidence that can prove that she really have information about her husband.
There are some cases in which the wife of a criminal can be arrested for the investigation about her husband but she cannot be arrested on behalf of her husband. Any NYC Criminal Lawyer can guide you better about such cases and the simple answer is that she cannot be arrested in simple cases.
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by sunnymighty(m): 3:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Arif4275412:
According to every law, no innocent person can be arrested for the crime that he has not committed. So if a criminal is on the run and he is wanted by police or any authorities then it is not the fault of his wife and the wife of any criminal cannot be arrested for the crimes of her husband. If the police is sure that she knows some information about her husband and she is not helping the police then wife can be arrested but in this case, police needs some strong evidence that can prove that she really have information about her husband.
There are some cases in which the wife of a criminal can be arrested for the investigation about her husband but she cannot be arrested on behalf of her husband. Any NYC Criminal Lawyer can guide you better about such cases and the simple answer is that she cannot be arrested in simple cases.

@Arif pls read the above comment.
I mean my reply to thesicilian.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by debolayinka(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2018
If only she's is complicit to the crime. If not, she can only give necessary information that will lead to his arrest.
Re: Nairalanders! Can The Wife Of A Criminal Be Arrested If He Is On The Run? by Lanretoye(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2018
yoruba dey say "ika ti o na se ni oba nge"...finger wey commit na him law dey cut.

(1) (Reply)

Man Personally Tracks Down The Hacker Who Wiped N1.6m From His Account / Crime Rate And Cult Shootings In Port Harcourt / Photos: Man Single-handedly Kills Huge Python In Bayelsa See The Eggs Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.