Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called (4865 Views)

6 Places On Earth Where The Sun Does Not Set Even At Midnight (video) / 11 Locations Where The Sun Never Sets / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
I took a picture of the sun this afternoon, had no sunshade on so unable to look at the sun while taking the picture but I can observe a body beside the sun which I have no idea what it is.
cc:lalasticlala

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Sleekydee(m): 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
UFO...looks like the object was moving, bruuh u just captured a freaking ufo

7 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Davash222(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Allow the sun to be, go and enjoy your sunday

16 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Tomoyayi(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
That's from your camera glare

8 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
Davash222:
Allow the sun to be, go and enjoy your sunday
You’re wicked Bro.just curious

12 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by jerflakes(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Tomoyayi:
That's from your camera glare

@OP It's called a "glare"

5 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
jerflakes:

@OP It's called a "glare"
This is what I’m referring to and I don’t think a glare defines that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by mikkycoins(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Looks like another planet in revolution.
Not sure about this o.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by dandaddy(m): 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
Perhaps that's another planet or anybody of the space...

1 Like

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by terrezo2002(m): 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
Maybe it is mercury or some heavenly body.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by dreamwords: 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
you must delete this post before the next 3 market days, otherwise the gods will be offended tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by gbadexy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
very good observation. someone is already telling the op to just enjoy his sunday and leave the sun, how would we as a continent develop with this simple minded mentality.
I hope this gets more views so that we can get more explanations.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Bahddo(m): 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
It's your camera. Snap very bright artificial light at close zoom, and you'd have similar results.
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by OneCorner: 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
that's Pluto

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by ikbnice(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
It's more likely one of the planets observable from earth
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by TonyBankz(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
OP which phone ar u using..if its chinco,den throw it away
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
TonyBankz:
OP which phone ar u using..if its chinco,den throw it away
I’m using an iPhone 6s

5 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by rerhji(m): 12:06am On Mar 05, 2018
was thinking abt sun dog ...but i dnt think it is
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Aminu212: 7:02am On Mar 05, 2018
Wow. lemme go to that planet and observe.
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Willexmania(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2018
Sleekydee:
UFO...looks like the object was moving, bruuh u just captured a freaking ufo
jeez.... U Watch Too Many Sci-fi Hollywood Movies. Pffft....

5 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by NaMe4: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2018
mikkycoins:
Looks like another planet in revolution.
Not sure about this o.

Very possible.
Probably Mercury which is about 57.9 million kilometers from the Sun (Earth is about 149.6 million kilometers and the 3rd planet from the Sun).

Occasionally, Mercury which is a relatively small planet with a radius of 2,440km (Earth's radius - 6,371km) may move closer to the Sun (as close as 43 million kilometers) within its elliptical orbit.

The orbital period of Mercury is approximately 88 days, while that of Earth is 365 days.
So OP, it may be possible to see such occurrence multiple times in a year.

I doubt that could be a UFO because of the intense heat at that distance from the Sun and it's estimated size; the UFO would be as large as a planet!

9 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by DankPineapple: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2018
Aye , they finally came to pass judgement on buhari

3 Likes

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by jidxin(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2018
next time op just go and download sky map. it works very well and accurate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2018
most probably a satellite in space..

1 Like

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by ikorodureporta: 8:47am On Mar 05, 2018
mrhollu:
I took a picture of the sun this afternoon, had no sunshade on so unable to look at the sun while taking the picture but I can observe a body beside the sun which I have no idea what it is.
cc:lalasticlala

looks like yr phone lens' glaucoma
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by Marvel1206: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2018
mrhollu:

This is what I’m referring to and I don’t think a glare defines that.
More like a glare

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by ruggedtimi(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2018
Might be UFO... Dont think is a glare

1 Like

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by kumulus(m): 8:56am On Mar 05, 2018
ikorodureporta:

looks like yr phone lens' glaucoma

It's the lens apparently, you can see the thing move in position when the op took the last pic....
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by TIKAMBABA1(m): 9:49am On Mar 05, 2018
That,op,is a satellite

1 Like

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by romme2u: 10:07am On Mar 05, 2018
it looks like a lot of people don't know what a glare is

op go to a science community forum and post it for them to analyse it for you.

Nigerians wey never chop belleful are not interested in such things.
perusing the comments here shows the depth of shallow minds trolling our cyberspace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by kissenger: 10:38am On Mar 05, 2018
Whatever it is...you snap sun thats all we know. Goan sleep now https:///BBFTrQ
Re: What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called by SamoaJoe: 10:41am On Mar 05, 2018
Thats a blue dwarf star. That stuff you saw there might be a million light years away. In human years, thats about 500 billion years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waec Result Is Now Out At Last : / Need: Excellent Secondary Schools In Festac/amuwo Odofin Area / Naija Which Way?: See The Alert A Corp Member Got From Enugu State Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.