Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Teju Babyface Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Teju Babyface Show (3635 Views)

Beverly Osu Looks Fabulous As She Models For "Fabulous By Teju Pretty" (photos) / Comedian Teju Babyface And Wife Loved Up In New Photos / Photos From Teju Babyface's Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2010
[img]http://2.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/S9fcn9SCWVI/AAAAAAAAdpo/JojEmZJNkxY/s400/n528348845_454537_9169.jpg[/img]

Teju BabyFace brings a fresh new twist to a genre popularized by comic idols like David Letterman and Johnny Carson as he gets upclose and rib-crackingly personal with celebrity guests - politicians, entertainers, commedians, fashion icons, musicians, and First Ladies.

What makes this show exceptional is the fact that Teju takes wittical swipes at his guests like no other commedian has ever dared to before, in their presence, and yet, they get to laugh even harder!

The Teju BabyFace Show premieres on May 4th on Silverbird Television by 8pm. Please text/SMS James Amuta via 0803 437 8669 [with your name, phone number, email, and occupation/ media represented] to secure your pass to this exclusive event. FREE, but STRICTLY BY INVITATION! NO ADMITTANCE AFTER 10:15 AM. Please be on time.

Showing every Tuesday from 8pm to 9pm of STV
Don't miss it!!!

[img]http://1.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/S9fdHdsH3JI/AAAAAAAAdps/KfsPJuy0S4w/s1600/n115541568467943_4679.jpg[/img]

lindaikeji
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by THEAMAKA(f): 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2010
HOT HOT HOT! sounds nice.
too bad i won't be able to watch it.
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
I'm sure it'll def be on youtube. I'll record this sunday's Gulder ultimate search, stay tuned, hahaha cheesy
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by THEAMAKA(f): 12:04am On Apr 29, 2010
nellaluv:

I'm sure it'll def be on youtube. I'll record this sunday's Gulder ultimate search, stay tuned, hahaha cheesy
THANK YOU! YOU'RE THE BEST! kiss
haha cheesy
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Apr 29, 2010
He's really got a BabyFace. grin
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 2:36am On Apr 29, 2010
You know how rude Nigerians are, babyface once said that anytime he drives his car out he receives insults from both pedestrians and motorists calling him a 'small boy cruizing in his father's car', or 'to go drop the car he borrowed', the car he bought with his hard earned money. That's his cross, but it's also a blessing in disguise. If you must know he's also a married man smiley
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by Amigoz(f): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2010
nellaluv:

You know how rude Nigerians are, babyface once said that anytime he drives his car out he receives insults from both pedestrians and motorists calling him a 'small boy cruizing in his father's car', or 'to go drop the car he borrowed', the car he bought with his hard earned money. That's his cross, but it's also a blessing in disguise. If you must know he's also a married man smiley

ouch!! that hurts undecided but our the wedding invitations have just gone out cheesy

Respect to Mrs Babyface. , cool

I enjoy his show. . . .It is indeed fresh.
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by amonialogin: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2010
As a singer, producer, and songwriter, Babyface was an inescapable presence in virtually every major facet of pop music during the '90s. His own recordings helped rejuvenate the R&B tradition of the smooth, sensitive, urban crooner and made him a staple of urban contemporary radio. Yet their considerable success was eclipsed by his songwriting and production work for other artists, which linked him with some of the biggest stars and hit singles of the decade (and not just in the realm of R&B). You'd be hard-pressed to name a '90s hitmaker with a track record more consistently successful and versatile than Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds.

Kenneth Edmonds was born April 10, 1959, in Indianapolis and began playing in local R&B bands as a teenager. He served a stint in Bootsy Collins' backing unit (where he earned his nickname) and subsequently joined the funk outfit Manchild, which signed a record deal in 1977 and released three albums. After their breakup, Babyface and partner Antonio "L.A." Reid formed an urban funk group called the Deele in the early '80s, which scored a few sizable hits on the R&B charts. Babyface and Reid began producing and writing for other artists on the side, landing hits in Pebbles' "Girlfriend" and the Whispers' "Rock Steady"; following the Deele's third album in 1988, the duo left to continue their outside activities full-time, co-founding the LaFace label in 1989. Further hits followed in Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step," Sheena Easton's "The Lover in Me," and Karyn White's "The Way You Love Me" and "Superwoman," all of which performed well on both the pop and R&B charts.

Babyface had actually recorded a little-noticed solo album in 1986, titled Lovers, but with his newfound success having marked him as one to watch, his solo career now began in earnest. Released in 1989, Tender Lover caught fire, spinning off four singles over the next year, including the R&B chart smashes "It's No Crime" (number one) and "Whip Appeal" (number two; both also reached the pop Top Ten); the album also went double platinum. Now firmly established as a powerhouse, Babyface went on to co-write hits for Johnny Gill ("My, My, My," nominated for the Best R&B Song Grammy), Whitney Houston ("I'm Your Baby Tonight"wink, and Madonna ("Take a Bow"wink; his biggest success, however, came with Boyz II Men, whose recording of "End of the Road" became one of the longest-running number ones in pop history (the Babyface-penned follow-up "I'll Make Love to You" was also pretty successful in its own right). He was co-nominated for an Album of the Year Grammy for his production on The Bodyguard soundtrack and went on to work with artists like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, En Vogue, and Mary J. Blige. As if that weren't enough, LaFace had become a highly successful and lucrative imprint, breaking artists like Toni Braxton, TLC, OutKast, and Usher (often with input from Reid and Babyface). shocked cool embarassed kiss kiss
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by chika98: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2010
Question to all you Nollywood abi Celeb knowing folks
Is Liz Yemoja now based in Nigeria? Does she have a show on TV there?
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by MrCork1: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2010
SLightly ugly boy.

But why is his head smal & round?
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by clemcykul(f): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2010
lol baby face indeed
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 2:52am On Aug 10, 2010
amonialogin:

As a singer, producer, and songwriter, Babyface was an inescapable presence in virtually every major facet of pop music during the '90s. His own recordings helped rejuvenate the R&B tradition of the smooth, sensitive, urban crooner and made him a staple of urban contemporary radio. Yet their considerable success was eclipsed by his songwriting and production work for other artists, which linked him with some of the biggest stars and hit singles of the decade (and not just in the realm of R&B). You'd be hard-pressed to name a '90s hitmaker with a track record more consistently successful and versatile than Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds.

Kenneth Edmonds was born April 10, 1959, in Indianapolis and began playing in local R&B bands as a teenager. He served a stint in Bootsy Collins' backing unit (where he earned his nickname) and subsequently joined the funk outfit Manchild, which signed a record deal in 1977 and released three albums. After their breakup, Babyface and partner Antonio "L.A." Reid formed an urban funk group called the Deele in the early '80s, which scored a few sizable hits on the R&B charts. Babyface and Reid began producing and writing for other artists on the side, landing hits in Pebbles' "Girlfriend" and the Whispers' "Rock Steady"; following the Deele's third album in 1988, the duo left to continue their outside activities full-time, co-founding the LaFace label in 1989. Further hits followed in Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step," Sheena Easton's "The Lover in Me," and Karyn White's "The Way You Love Me" and "Superwoman," all of which performed well on both the pop and R&B charts.

Babyface had actually recorded a little-noticed solo album in 1986, titled Lovers, but with his newfound success having marked him as one to watch, his solo career now began in earnest. Released in 1989, Tender Lover caught fire, spinning off four singles over the next year, including the R&B chart smashes "It's No Crime" (number one) and "Whip Appeal" (number two; both also reached the pop Top Ten); the album also went double platinum. Now firmly established as a powerhouse, Babyface went on to co-write hits for Johnny Gill ("My, My, My," nominated for the Best R&B Song Grammy), Whitney Houston ("I'm Your Baby Tonight"wink, and Madonna ("Take a Bow"wink; his biggest success, however, came with Boyz II Men, whose recording of "End of the Road" became one of the longest-running number ones in pop history (the Babyface-penned follow-up "I'll Make Love to You" was also pretty successful in its own right). He was co-nominated for an Album of the Year Grammy for his production on The Bodyguard soundtrack and went on to work with artists like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, En Vogue, and Mary J. Blige. As if that weren't enough, LaFace had become a highly successful and lucrative imprint, breaking artists like Toni Braxton, TLC, OutKast, and Usher (often with input from Reid and Babyface). shocked cool embarassed kiss kiss

na wa o, hope u're okay sha , not high or sumtin
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 10, 2010
4 months later. . . . .

Anyone seen the show? undecided
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by Dolemite(f): 3:38am On Aug 10, 2010
Yep, show isn't funny at all. . .
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 3:41am On Aug 10, 2010
Dolemite:

You can say that again, it's childishly annoying tongue ,
One step at a time he will get there tongue
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by Dolemite(f): 3:47am On Aug 10, 2010
nellaluv:

One step at a time he will get there tongue
Hope he does. . .but he had enough time to at least plan a decently funny first season. . .
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 10, 2010
Dolemite:

As expected. . . .lol
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 4:38am On Aug 10, 2010
Dolemite:

Hope he does. . .but he had enough time to at least plan a decently funny first season. . .

How can he plan when he thinks he's already funny
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by Dolemite(f): 4:45am On Aug 10, 2010
Ugh, true. . .
Re: The Teju Babyface Show by nellaluv(f): 5:10am On Aug 10, 2010
Dolemite:

Ugh, true. . .

tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Is This Pictures For Real? / Watch Davido’s Childhood Video (10 Yrs Old) / Is Tiwa Savage Rocking Chris Brown's Clothes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.